Re: Of Gods And Mortals

Status
Not open for further replies.
cool a little question can i translate it to german?

Then my site goes online a german black and white 2 modding community many tutorials German modding tools and many many more :)

If you want to, however I do have some bad news regarding the game.

Two days ago, my pc gain a huge crash and so much that it wiped my harddrive, removing all data and game-stuff for OGAM which means I have to start everything from scratch. However it is lucky that I released the BETA because parts of my work are with it. But only Land 1 is left so I may have to redesign most of the stuff(excl. God AI cause its stored here at Kayssplace) and this I am not too happy about. Therefore the DEMO may be put off for a very long time and so will the final release date.

The first thing I have to do now is to reinstall and download all the patches for BnW2 and the modding tools and this will take some time. I apologise for this news but it happens.

In lighter news, once I have everything back up then I am sure that I will be able to improve the performance more with some upgrades to my PC, they are as follows:

- Intel Core 2 Duo E660
- 4GB DDR2 667 RAM
- Ati RADEON HD 2400
- 500 GB HDD(because the old one is the one that crashed)
- Windows Vista(64 edition)

That sounds like a serious delay.

Have you considered a second harddrive and run it in a RAID1  (mirror) configuration. If one dies you still have the info on the other drive.

I really don't suggest using Vista, as it has been recorded as VERY unreliable. I doubt you'll be able to have a full totally smooth work day with Vista.

Although that is sad that such a delay has happened, hopefully nothing will happen to turn OGAM into TTOF or what ever the old mod you guys were working on.

Kays said:
That sounds like a serious delay.

Have you considered a second harddrive and run it in a RAID1  (mirror) configuration. If one dies you still have the info on the other drive.

I actually have another HDD around. It's an old external 12.1 GB(Now that this has happened I have been thinking about adopting the old HDD for my needs). I may even think about uploading the work into a secure location on a network site such as my old Freeweb7 file manager area.

But of course not matter how long it takes, I won't give up. Oh and Alcatraz, I'm not entirely certain on using Vista anyways, I'm not fond of it and it may drawn on so much that BnW2 will persist to work(especially with the Radeon HD). I thinking about using XP x-64 edition because its much more stable when using an EM64T cpu than using standard XP pro(or Home).

Just an update: Black & White 2 and its patches and modding tools are back up, along with the new PC I had mentioned before.

God AI Update: Updated the God AI hosted at Kayssplace with several new features and optimizations. There is now support for a Godess AI as soon feature in OGAM.

The nail polish on the fingernails maybe? ???

Trust me when I say this that the Goddess will do things that male gods think is too strange.

It will actually be quite funny to see skins for the hands that represent a female player(nail polish, glitter etc.) and even if we had the tools for creating speech, if there was a way, we could make a mod that would change all the male reference speech to female(like the evil advisor saying mistress instead of boss).

Lol.  :D

Whoops I almost forgot to post these new adds to the God AI.

- Fluid movement now added(altitude and moving to pos)
- Gods now construct civic buildings(like the storehouse and creature pen)
- Miracle usage is now upgraded - Gods use all miracles properly and soon will expend mana.
- Goddess support now added for OGAM main game
- Gods that are allies can now switch towns and help out the player's other towns(if any)
- Gods gathering trees now resist stealing trees that have town status(i.e. scenic)
- Support added for creating disciple worshippers

That's all. Btw the game is back up and running but it may take me a bit longer to get all the scripts formed again. Oh and one last thing here be the components of my PC upgrade that I have at last finished.

- Mainboard: abit Fatal1ty FP-IN9 SLI
- Video: 2 X Radeon HD 2600 in SLI mode
- Sound: Mainboard 7.1 CH HD Audio
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
- RAM: 6GB Dual-channel DDR2 800

im wondering is the model for the goddess gona be more slim that the male god?
and i wonder what will happed if the break a nail?

Hey I just installed B&W2 specifically to try out the pre-demo beta. So I installed it, and it doesn't work when I try to hit new game. It just goes back to my desktop with that dreaded "white.exe has stopped working" error. Any ideas?

I am not too sure what your problem may be. The most efficient way is to reply everything you did right up to when the error occured. Perhaps it is your system hardware or the applied service packs you have installed(or you probably didn't read the Readme that was included :p).

Well when I decided to install OGAM Beta, I installed Black and White 2, then, after that was completed, I installed both patches 1.1 and 1.2, and then followed all the installation steps in the readme. Anything going wrong there?

Alkatraz2212 said:
Well when I decided to install OGAM Beta, I installed Black and White 2, then, after that was completed, I installed both patches 1.1 and 1.2, and then followed all the installation steps in the readme. Anything going wrong there?

Do you have SP2 installed, latest drivers for your video card or maybe it is a corrupted download. Sometimes when downloading a file thats perfectly fine the downloaded file is corrupt. Try downloading it again. Where did you download it anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back