Re: Of Gods And Mortals

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point in time we need some landscapers to lands 4 to 10. If your interested, you know how to contact us

I think that I still owe you a landscape. It's about 80% done. Or was that for your other project.

How about having a contest. Between here and the LHS boards there might be some interest. ???

I might contribute if I can learn. Already got three map ideas in mind. Making them is just hard to do.

Kays said:
I think that I still owe you a landscape. It's about 80% done. Or was that for your other project.

How about having a contest. Between here and the LHS boards there might be some interest. ???

Your right, and yes it was for the other one. Perhaps having a contest may be useful here because I started one at the LH boards and nothing happened.

Attention OGAM Team. Please check your PM's at the Daxter's Forums SMF Site for details on OGAM Beta 2.3.

Thanks,

Daxter

So loving that abbreviation (OGAM).  Makes the game sound alot more badass :D .

Hey everyone(inc OGAM Team), you may know from my previous post that I released Beta 2.3 to the team but I have some important news regarding God AI.

There's been a massive upgrade that has included the great new feature of gods actually placing and constructing buildings of all sorts.

This has shodded chl file size up to 500 kb, which is a massive junp over ToTC and yet performance hasn't been affected.

Expect the DEMO very soon.

Daxter

Yes they almost are. There are a few issues with the AI but when they are resolved then these gods will be in comparison that of a god from BnW1.

EDIT: Just a few moments ago I bumped into my friend whom I contacted about the decompiler and exporter. He knows his stuff and has some experience with BnW2 and has agreed to finish the decompiler and the exporter for us at no cost.

EDIT: Just a few moments ago I bumped into my friend whom I contacted about the decompiler and exporter. He knows his stuff and has some experience with BnW2 and has agreed to finish the decompiler and the exporter for us at no cost.

That would be sweet. :D

Yep things are looking good for the community. I gave him a look at the code for the exporter on the planetblackandwhite wiki site and he already had a plan on finishing it.

And what's even more great is the fact I am feeling generous today. And so much that instead of you asking guys to wait for it, I thought I'd post right now the script for the God AI today.

If you want to use it or take a look then it is posted in the BW2 Script Library.

Enjoy!!

Daxter  :D   :;):

To the team: With the upgrade of the password-protection scheme, it is now possible to give the link in the open without risk of leakage or spoilers.

Download: OGAM Beta 2.32

The password is the same as Beta 2.3.

Note: Anyone you know who wants to test the game and have the ability to keep the game's password a secret, must contact me first.

Thanks.

EDIT: Check out the new OGAM official forums that Kays is hosting for me by clicking on my sig. Please wait for Kays to integrate the database from the Daxter's Forums SMF site before registering.

Daxter

hm i cant translate it ... because you don't use the language file

i can translate the chl file but i don't know how to get it work

Wtf in the Chl File is a phrase named Poo :D

Spion90009se said:
ehh in the Chl File is a phrase named Poo :D

That's a random writing, that I was going to use to test the gestures out, which may be the next thing I'll be working on.

EDIT: Btw, the God AI is as I said it would be, a massive script hosting all sorts of actions and still its way off from finished.

Looks great :yourock:!

Only question i have is that will the AI gods be able to do anything they wish outside of their influence, i noticed in the AI video on of the gods grabbed a tree fairly far away from his(her) influence ring.

They may only collect resources outside of their influence and control platoons.

They may not fire miracles, attack the player town, place buildings(unless planned from Landscape Editor), interact with player's creature and pick up objects like rocks, animals and villagers.

hmm

in Battle of the Gods the hand is animated if we can crack the file format .chl we can use the animation for the mod^^

I don't think its that simple. BoTG has got code in it that works the anims of the Undead God's hand. That's why there's a specific ctr folder and skins, and balance file.

If we had the enums, then you could see what the hand motions are. But it would be specific to BoTG and not usable in BW2

Contest Time

I have decided to host a contest for all to decide on production of different aspects of OGAM part 1 such as a proper logo, load screen and landscapes 5 through 10.

Winners will be posted in the OGAM forums and through Kayssplace(with Kays permission).

There will be 7 winners in total and as a winner of the contest you will receive the following prizes:

- + rep to your reputation.
- An exclusive copy of OGAM built for you which will contain more goodies than the regular game
             - exclusive miracles
             - Exclusive version of the God AI
             - Goodies that you want in your copy of the game
- Receive your copy of OGAM before anyone else does.
- My personal congratulations.
- Exclusive artwork and wallpapers for your computer(and possibly a desktop theme).
- In case of exporter becoming available you will get:
             - More buildings than the original
             - your own creature
             - your own designs for each extra building

All you have to do to enter is:
           - Register at the OGAM forums
           - Post your entry(ies) in the specific board
           - tell us of your exclusive items that you want in your personalised copy
           - Why you should be one of the winners of the contest?

Get your entries in now at http://ogam.kayssplace.com/home/news.php

Good luck with your entries and I hope you win.

Daxter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back