Re: Of Gods And Mortals

Status
Not open for further replies.

fenton_pat

Elder
This sounds quite amitious, but I like the names of the guys working on this project.  From what I've seen before, they're some of the top B&W modders out there.

The fact that you've already got some modelling done is encouraging.  When I get a split second from work, I'm going to have to check out those trailers :yes .

You put me down as the voice over...

Im the challange helper, soon hopefully going to be helping making landscapes.

Fabulous work posting this here. Kayssplace is one of the best sites around.  :)

Rodzilla_07 said:
Hey, guys. Do you think this would work. If I was to copy the norse ship model, rename it greekship.bwm, copy the textures and then change those textures  :laugh: Easier way to make them without using/creating an exporter!

norseshipom7.png

Nope, not possible. If you take a look inside the file, you'll see that the texture file for the norse ship is the actual texture. Changing this would only damage the file.(Have tried this before).  :upside

And what a great job you have done. I'll be leaving the old banner with the ExCoboard site since it's old. "Out with the Old and in with the New".  :p

As the for the other banner. It's not that good and I want to advertise my own site.

The entire notion of playing against a god in the BnW2 custom maps is brilliant. I actually have a working God's AI and he does many things that gods can do or that the player can do. Here is a number of images showcasing his stuff and I'm confident that I can release a gameplay video with him doing this.

Anyway, enjoy these still shots.

Daxter

Aztec God Carry a Tree

Aztec God Cast Water Miracle - Before

Aztec God Cast Water Miracle - After

Aztec God Gathering Ore

Aztec God Emptying Ore into Storehouse

Aztec God Gathering Food

Rodzilla_07 said:
I see an influence ring cool. Can he only pick stuff out of his influence ring? Fixed the registration by the way.

I haven't added support for the influence ring yet :upside . So at the moment yes. All you guys of the mod team, I have decided to give you betas like I have with Kain. It will be posted on the forums but security measures will be taken so no-one else can play it. No spoiling.

Isn't that Skeleton challenge from Creature Isle ??? :laugh2
BTW nice work but one suggestion change the Aztecs god hand, I mean another color.

Yep. Thanks Kays for this, since he's the one who gave me the CI scripts.

Oh and he's just a test, later I will change the colour to something more suitable.

And an update.
Added:

- God AI
     - Added steady environment for multiple gods.
     - Added Influence support so the god(s) can't pick up anything outside their influence.
     - Added support of Allies and Enemy gods.
     - Added limited support of Alignment changes to god(s) hand.

Fixes:

- God AI
     - Inexperienced flaws in the multiple god environment.
     - Collection of the resources wood, ore and food is now real-time.
- Rescue Losts Souls
     - Improved overall challenge flow.
     - Fixed several bugs in the script.
     - Fixed the outro to suit two situations when playing for fun.
     - Fixed a glitch with villagers disappearing in your hand.

That's all.

Daxter

Daxter said:

Oh and he's just a test, later I will change the colour to something more suitable.

And an update.
Added:

- God AI
    - Added Influence support so the god(s) can't pick up anything outside their influence.

Fixes:

- God AI
- Rescue Losts Souls

That's all.

Daxter

Will all this be in the script library soon?

Kayssplace will be one of only 2 sites to host this script. The other be my forums.

Oh Rodzilla, you must have gotten a copy of Land 1 from Kain. Believe me all team members will get to test each beta. The next is coming up and features all things that I have previously mentioned plus some late additions, but as far as OGAM development is going, I think it's doing superbly and will definitely become a bit hit.

You may have noticed a great amount of performance improvement(I hope), from the new scripting method that I have adopted, so now all scripts will in no way slow down the game in total.

Daxter said:

And an update.
Added:

- God AI

Fixes:

- God AI
- Rescue Losts Souls

That's all.

Daxter
Blimey, sounds like you guys are really covering all the bases here.  If this functionality had made it into the main game, I think we'd have a much bigger following right now.

Kudos :yes .

Well we're not taking any chances or big jumps. Just one step at a time. As for me, its something that needs to be taken a step at a time, so it does not end up like ToTC which unfortunately had to be cancelled, and Kayo Island which can't be released now, along with Greenpatch 2.5 which also is buggy. From now on its one map at a time, or in this case, the expansion first with everything else second.

Also after this is completed and released, I do hope people will start to make more custom maps using the scripts created.

So give me your opinion, if this is to be successful and custom maps could be built from the scripts that will be provided. Would you make more custom maps and keep BnW2 alive?

Daxter

Jeez you guys are like Lionhead 2. The second division of Lionhead. The group that makes third party Black And White 2 Expansions. Good job so far! I am really impressed.

Wish we were. Lionhead would have to pay us to keep their game alive.  :happytears:  :yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back