Re: Of Gods And Mortals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome back then 00din. :)

You can turn the llamas off in your profile. They can be  annoying.

Hooray another scripter, I have a good feeling that the BnW2(and modding)community is going to come back and it will be like the good old days.  :)

00din: Okay I have you added to MSN.

OGAM: Okay now for some OGAM news. Now that the God AI is bug free I have started to implement a massive new feature that will make the God AI soar and also give BnW2 much more personality.

- God AI presents: The God Relationship System

A system that reflects the player's actions towards how the created god sees them, the relationship value changes depending on each action. In some situations, when you befriend a god and  they see you as an ally, the town they are occupying becomes yours, but its not easy as some gods will not be welcome to your hospitality or aggressive actions and will react accordingly.

This in turn gives the game much more personality.

EDIT: I forgot to add these images I found while watching the "Making of BnW2 DVD(Collectors Edition)".

These are images of a creature created in Max which has the animations built into the creature before they are exported which means that once the BWM exporter is released(its currently being worked on), it will be possible to bring in new creatures(which I am certain of) despite what the devs said.

Amazing. This will be ever better than B&W2 :D, if i had to pay to play it, i'd do it... i think.

I gotta say, I thoroughly impressed with the ambitions of this project.  I can't wait to play it :D .

Awesome guys you should definitely go to Lionhead and introduce your game, because it's awesome and you could be famous, hey maybe this could also be Black & White 3?!
I would even pay money for it. :p  :)
@Daxter you said that the BMW Exporter allows you to create new creatures, so are you thinking off making new ones like the Crocodile or the Chicken?
If so then you could actually think about my idea with the Creature-swap-challenge again, because it would work then.  :laugh2

The exporter allows them to export all kind of models made on other progams, not only creatures.

I believe the big work there though would be in creating skeletons for the new creatures that facilitate their animations.......then you've got to go and DO the animations :p .

Fenton, that's exactly right. When it comes to Max you can make those anims from predesigned skeletons, save them as anims then use the plugin(Model Exporter) to bring together the creature model which automatically animates on the skeletons animation. In the video you may have recognized that specific anim, and Lionhead are making this anim to add to the game(in its development) and with Max being so good any model that is placed over that skeleton, will do the exact movement that you created.

As I am saying this, the exporter is under way and its coming along nicely. Rodzilla is making it and is having some trouble but has managed to get something out of it so far. Once this plugin is released for Max and Blender, people will be able to go out and model new creatures with some animations included and bring them into the game.

But at this stage, it is a one step at a time thing. If Rodzilla produces a working basic exporter then I will think about creating some new creatures for the game which will take a very long time. Sam7557 that would become a spectacular thing to use.

No promises at this stage though, if something comes up that will push my opinion then I will inform the community and reassure them of how progress goes.

Ill the new creatures just use other one's AI, or you'll make a different personality for each.

Daxter said:
Fenton, that's exactly right. When it comes to Max you can make those anims from predesigned skeletons, save them as anims then use the plugin(Model Exporter) to bring together the creature model which automatically animates on the skeletons animation. In the video you may have recognized that specific anim, and Lionhead are making this anim to add to the game(in its development) and with Max being so good any model that is placed over that skeleton, will do the exact movement that you created.

As I am saying this, the exporter is under way and its coming along nicely. Rodzilla is making it and is having some trouble but has managed to get something out of it so far. Once this plugin is released for Max and Blender, people will be able to go out and model new creatures with some animations included and bring them into the game.

But at this stage, it is a one step at a time thing. If Rodzilla produces a working basic exporter then I will think about creating some new creatures for the game which will take a very long time. Sam7557 that would become a spectacular thing to use.

No promises at this stage though, if something comes up that will push my opinion then I will inform the community and reassure them of how progress goes.
Hmm, well that makes it sound like less of a hurdle when you say it like that.  What I'm curious about now is that I would assume each B&W2 creature has the same number of animations, but are unique for each kind of creature, e.g. how they walk, how they laugh, etc.

Before any new creature can be made for the game, I would assume a base animation would have to be made for each possible action so that anyone creating a new creature would only have to tweak those animations that they want to.

If that base set were made, I believe that would help alot of people starting out.  Now we just gotta find someone to go and do it :suspect .

That's true. When in Max, there is a specific skeleton called a biped that does this. Any model that is used on top of it can be tweaked in a small way to assimilate that creature's action and all you need is a simple anim like you said. e.g. For those who want it easy. Let's say you want to make a base anim that makes a creature swing his arms, all we need to do is make the biped swing its arms in stick-mode making it look robotic and that's it. Then the creator of a creature can load this anim and tweak the elbows, hips, head and arms to make it look more realistic for that creature.

Since I have much more time than I used to, I can volunteer to do those base anims for people in both Max and Blender, offering them for download as a start to people familiar with BnW2 whilst having modelling skills to tweak those anims together with the movement of the model to make their creature animate.

Great stuff Daxter. 

By the looks of things, you gotta be a Jack of all trades and a Master of a few more given all the things you're doing :p  :laugh2 .

lol  :p

If anyone cares, yesterday I stopped working on OGAM for a bit to fix up some friends of mine...I mean scripts. I have spent all night working on making the epics more like Lionhead's and now I am able to confirm that the epic scripts are now complete and all of them(incl. the Siren) have been synched to the music that is provided and as far as I know, there should be no more lagging. While on the topic of the Script Library, I have also added a completed and bug-free Advanced Creature Select script.

The same script that is being used for OGaM, but also you can get a glimpse of it and BnW2 using DX10, on a video that I am uploading soon, and later I will be uploading two more videos of the same Creature Select, but available in 720p HD and 1080p HD as a test of Vista's new Windows Movie Maker capabilities.

EDIT: You may now view the creature selection video I have uploaded to youtube HERE.

Or watch here at Kayssplace.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfqtAkLQJSQ[/youtube]

OOOooo! The first video with my name in the credits. Even though I had absolutely NOTHING to do with this video.

Good job, but I think that you still need to speed up the reaction time of clicking on a creature. Otherwise, very good job! Remember Dax, once you need the voice acting for ANY of these videos at all, you know who to call.

Oh but you are officially part of this team now and there are certain benefits that come with being a part. Such things as being in the credits even if you haven't done anything yet(but will).

That is one of the things on my list, at the moment I am working on the God Relationship system and it is turning out very well(except for a few bugs with the dialogue). In fact I will be uploading the next beta today, and as a part of this team, you also have access to testing beta's as they come in hot.

[quote author=Alkatraz2212]
Remember Dax, once you need the voice acting for ANY of these videos at all, you know who to call.
[/quote]

Ghostbusters???  :p, yeah I'll keep that in mind.  :)

One last thing, if anyone wants to try out the latest version of the God AI with the now included God Relationship System(a fun way of swaying your relationship with other gods on the same land depending on the actions you take) for use in their custom map, it is available in the Script Library(with the script being a total size of over 100kb)

In that Creature Selection video, I apparently forgot to add someone to the special thanks and that was Kays. Sorry about that, Kays you do deserve all the thanks we can give for everything you've done for us.

Daxter said:
In that Creature Selection video, I apparently forgot to add someone to the special thanks and that was Kays. Sorry about that, Kays you do deserve all the thanks we can give for everything you've done for us.

All hail the mighty Kays!

Seriously Dax, how could you not remember him, when you put me, someone who hasn't even done anything on there? Just kidding, it was an honest mistake, I would've done it too. On accident! Not on purpose.

Would it be ok if i helped out with the making the landscapes?

I'm way interested since i just got the mod tool and im making levels now...

And i think i'm pretty good at it too.

Is it ok if i volunteer daxter?

.....Its me gamejammer from the Lionhead Community.

I'm the person who brought up how i was crazy for modding...

And i'm just wondering, may i help out with the landscapes?

Alkatraz2212: Yea, it was an accident, it was Windows Move Maker Vista version that made that mistake, when I was making the credits. I missed some things to add to the credits and I had to shift the current ones and on moving I didn't notice that Kays name was cut off and I only just saw that when I uploaded the video to YouTube.

Drakenx9: You know there are always positions for people on the OGaM Team, and more members will move the game's development along rapidly without so few people worrying about more than one job at once. And yes I remember you. But if you really think your good enough then show me some maps once their done and I'll see about adding you.

Just a note: I must have forgot to mention to half the team to sign up to Moddb, where the game has been added to the collection of mods going on. I have a group set up there for the OGaM so people know who is involved in creating the game and possibly future ones(depending on where the community goes).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back