For free the server is very fast

PHP 5
Mysql 5
PHPmyadmin
Safemode off

Then the board is actually extreme slow

greetings N00bus or Spion90009se

Ps: Sorry for my bad englisch

It would be something we would look into because just like Rod said, the current server SUCKS. How much storage space would be given?

EDIT: Updated screenshots.

Fire Miracle Throwing

A God and his Super Miracle

A Ship

And a note that very soon at the rate that OGAM is being developed, the public will be allowed to play it in a kind of demo form. So look out for that.

Daxter

Unlimited Traffic
and
Unlimited Space

No filesize limit

1 mysql Database

Contact over ICQ 446-285-586 or Email N00bus@web.de

I think its a good project

a good project needs a good server

ähm oh i forgot my password but i don't get a mail

Im Noobus at the board

I have a question, can you only play if u have the expansion or just have the original game?

yes I can't copy the database, because the host hates us.

You can make a backup using just the forums. It's an option at the bottom of admin pc

Is that OGAM Lead/BW2 Modder avalible to all the OGAM Devs?

Not Lead, but there's a Team one for you. The modder bar is for those who have files hosted here.

An excellent addition you have here Kays.  :yes

It's good to know that we are being recognised for creating this game which everyday becomes more successful and in addition to that fun and lasting.

EDIT: Backups are no worries, I download and store a backup of the database each Monday, that means that I took a backup today.

Hey guys, I havent been following this much lately but i like what i see so far.
Just wondering... Any chance of a playable demo, and when do you plan on finishing this?

Keep up the good work  :yes

Well here it is, the first gameplay video for OGAM which is one of many that will actually present to people what they expect to see in the game. The first video is about the God AI.

EDIT: Click link to download from YouTube(not ready yet).

Download here: OGAM Gameplay Video 1

Daxter

The link doesn't seem to work. It just takes me to the filefront home page. ???

I'm going to repost the new link, so people can notice it(because no-one notices a post that has been updated).

OGAM Gameplay Video 1 - It works now since it's been uploaded to YouTube.

Btw, not long and the demo will be available, it already appears to be coming together too.

Oh and I have been working on the finishing touches for the creation selection which means that the video that is posted is about 1 week old.

Anyways, enjoy!!

Daxter

EDIT: One last thing, I forgot to mention. When the demo is released, I will also be releasing the beta of the God AI.

Update: Creature Selection for Land 1 is almost complete and such that I am pleased to say that all goes well for OGAM. For a more inside look of creature selection development, check out the new gameplay Video uploaded at YouTube.

OGAM Gameplay Video 2

Note: This link in combination with the Kayssplace YouTube feature recognizes the video as no longer available. So click to go directly to it.

Daxter

Nice job. :yes.

I see that you've got the scrolls to work. How did you manage that? ???

2 lines from OGAMCS script.
Code:
CSGoldScroll = create highlight SCROLLTYPE(from highlight enum) name CONSTANT remind CONSTANT at {POS}
ALTITUDE of CSGoldScroll = 4

As you can see I created the scroll using any text from the database with that line of code(one of many pieces not mentioned properly or at all in the documentation. Then set the altitude to 4(a decent height),
since the scrolls tend to create then do a big jump off the screen and disappear from the game.

Oh and thanks. I do hope that once OGAM is complete, players will be able to use some of the many things existing in the game(God AI, CS etc.).

EDIT: I should have added these comments to the last post but doesn't matter now even though edit is possible

OGAM has surpassed ToTC in these areas.
    - performance(considering that Land2871(ToTC) and Land2891(OGAM) both have a chl file size of 450kb)
    - file size
    - fun factor
    - features

To the team: Two factors to consider now. An OGAM Team Logo and the demo. Contact me on the boards for discussion of this.

EDITEDIT: To Kays, I forgot to mention that ALTITUDE is an abbreviated constant that represents property YPOS of an object.

Cool, I've gone through the enums numerous times, but I don't think I've ever looked in the HighlightInfo enum. Do the DYK signs work also?

Nah, DYK signs only work for the text database. Once again a tool to crack it would certainly allow us to full-on use the DYK signs and the scroll highlights to our advantage.

EDIT: At this point in time we need some landscapers to lands 4 to 10. If your interested, you know how to contact us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back