Re: Of Gods And Mortals

Status
Not open for further replies.
hope it wont be an anticlimax =D
i think the best thing for me would be to get the tools, but i cant see that happening any time soon  :(

Daxter said:
Alcatraz speaks the truth, the devs have been contacted recently and especially Molyneux whom I contacted personally. If you seek more proof here:

Dear Mr Molyneux,

My name is Daxter and I am writing to u because I and several others are developing a wonderful new unofficial expansion for BnW2 called "Of Gods and Mortals".

I like others are a fan of BnW2 and have been ever since it's release and still believe that the game has potential. I have been creating this game to address a number of things that BnW2(not BoTG) had not been included with. But as with the landscape editor we are stopped short which is why I come to u.

OGaM(Of Gods and Mortals), I truly believe will bring bak the popularity that BnW2 deserves with a number of unique features such as gods to compete against and other things like transport ships and new miracles.

The one thing that I request from u and perhaps other devs of Lionhead is some help with the scripts and perhaps some tools. Our goal is not to make profit from these but rather aid us in the task ahead for a game that everyone agrees will be successful and introduce some unique ideas that will not only enhance the current game and bring bak old fans but also new ones.

And as I have discussed with my team that if Lionhead were to pass on some useful tools they are under my terms to respect Lionhead's ownership and copyright and to NOT give them out without direct permission of Lionhead.

Furthermore OGaM will the one game that intends to keep your game going for years to come if you should ever choose to move into the next and perhaps biggest BnW3 but I understand your reasons.

Anyways please give some time to think it over because this would mean so much to everyone plus it will put the faith of fans bak into Lionhead because of their great achievement in pursuing OGaM alongside the creators well into the future and I hope you reply soon.

All the best sir,

Daxter

Read the "Lionhead helping OGaM topic"

Well, I've been away for a loooong time... Even the tiniest amount of time away from this Game seems like an eternity, but... Whatever xD

Anyway, Daxter, I REEEAAAAALY am looking forward for this mod... Seems like as if it is going to be really sweet.  :laugh2

I think that, unfortunately, Black & White 2 as lost some of it's re playability due to the removal of so many miracles comparing to the first Black & White... And some other things... Although it's still one of the best games I've ever played  :cool: :cool:

I really am hopping this game will bring about the fans that Black & White really deserves, and I DO hope that there will ever be modders trying to improve their most "beloved" games  :p

I'll be with my eyes eagerly on this topic, even more because of that kind of teasing, Daxter... That's evil xD

Keep up the great work  :woot

EDIT: Anyway, is the demo really coming out in the designated time? I just can't wait much longer  :help

Welcome back.  :)

I understand you have caught up with the latest news as well as the secret thing that will be revealed in a few days.

You'll need to get some info from Alcatraz whom is in control of all media associated with OGaM, such as dialogue and storyline.

Hey Daxter, did you get the latest script?

In the script that I am speaking of, I thought of a neat new game mechanic that will only be revealed once a decision to actually put it in is made.

please tell us now  :;): what the secret is, im dying to know.
PLEEEEEAAAAAASE

I guess it has been a little more than 3 days  :happytears: but here is the secret.

As you know 00din's has made Skirmish and Scripting Tool to help ease the annoyance of using the tools the long way.

For some time now there has been a fabulous new addition to OGaM's release and it is something that you all have been waiting for since BnW2's release. That is right, Black & White 2 Multiplayer functionality is under way and seems to go well except for a flaw or too. Some of the functions for the multiplayer cannot be pushed on further without Lionhead's Debug Database.

However, once this job is done the rest seems confirmed and the major part of the functionality is the modification of BnW2's main menu with an extra button called "Mod Shop" which will allow the downloading, installation and playability of all custom maps as well as being able to add new creatures, buildings etc. all with the skins and textures as well as host the multiplayer side of the game, choosing whether to play over LAN or Online. However the system requirements for Multiplayer would be greater than what BnW2 needs(I'm not too sure why) because the sending and receiving of data is greater.

Anyways, I hope you are all excited about Multiplayer Functionality becoming a reality for BnW2 and when it is finished, I am going to release it simultaneously with OGaM.

Well that's all for now, secret revealed.  :D

Will there be a normal multiplayer and OGAM multiplayer which has more exclusives?

so, youve actually come a fair way into multiplayer etc? ive been imagining for some time now just what it would be like...
as well as being able to add new creatures, buildings etc. all with the skins and textures as well as host the multiplayer side of the game, choosing whether to play over LAN or Online
so your saying that with the new creatures and buildings that you actually are going to get the neccesary tools to do so? how much greater would the system requirements be? as my little laptop may not be able to handle it...
If you arent going to get the tools yet, how is the request for the tools going? well i hope...
Looking forward to OGaM too  :woot  Go dax and the team!!

Nice, you guys are amazing :), i wonder what Lionhead or BW studios are thinking now.

Gut, gut.

Miles: I'm too sure what the dev is doing with multiplayer but I think that there will only be the one multiplayer, and I don't think the idea of having an OGaM exclusive MP will change anything as everything you see in regular will not be any different.

SkelApe: You seem to be alot more excited then I was when I first found out that the dev's were doing it. I did say that I would soon be bringing in advanced developers to help and voila.  :D

The tools are still what we are waiting on and I'm not too sure if LH will comply but we ain't giving up. If the time comes and LH says then I have the dev's I hired to do them for us, after all they are doing MP so these tools are only a petty task.

Last thing, system requirements should not be too much more as long as the server the MP is to be hosted from is at least a Dual-Core(Core 2 Duo E6600) or Quad-core to handle all the data transfer then expect:

2.4 GHz processor(incl. Single Core, Dual-core)
1 GB RAM(2GB for Vista)
Video cards don't need to be updated if you can already handle decent graphics.

I'M SO EXCITED FOR THE BnW2 Multiplayer release!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats going to be freaking awesome.................

:woot  :woot  :woot  :woot  :woot  :woot  :woot

It's amazing how Vista can eat you RAM, well, looks like some people need to do a little upgrade, it shouldn't cost much.

Hidden Miles, you posted this on two topics until now, i don't think you should reply to topics if you don't have anything to add, that's considered spam. Sorry if i sound that im in a bad mood.

Ryudo2053 said:
It's amazing how Vista can eat you RAM, well, looks like some people need to do a little upgrade, it shouldn't cost much.

Who are you talking to?

I got vista... But i did not mention anything that had to do with Vista...  :laugh2

I mean that you need more memory to play any game, because Vista can spend a lot of memory, so you need some extra.
Nothing about you, don't worry. :)

Oh ok.

Anyways, the first time this OGaM mod comes out...

...I'M GETT!NG IT... LOLZ  :blush

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back