Re: Of Gods And Mortals

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey Dax is the demo going to actually come out April 08 like it says in your sig? hows the overall progress of OGaM?

multiplayer really is an outstanding concept!
a few things though, will we need to forward ports or mess around with any internet stuff etc, or is just like an app? Also, great work on just the entire thing, im wondering how you worked how to have 2 gods present on a map, with 2 computers playing, must have been difficult!
if you nearly have it ready, will it come out with 0GaM, or before it?

really excited, great job guys!  :)

Yeah, i liked the god preset thing, they just need some animations, and it would be perfect. Also, looking foward for the multiplayer. :D

Just a quck qestion, wuld u lik it if we could add voices to da online bot gods?

Well hello everyone, indeed I have been away and feel terrible for not being able to work on OGaM more because I've had less time to do anything than usual, but have been doing little bits in my spare time so not much progress. Also if you noticed the part in my sig about the DEMO, the date there was not a release date but rather a date of the next official update of the DEMO and if I had my way with time this month would have definitely been its release, but ASAP I will release a playable copy which should have improvements on all major aspects such as the bugs of the God AI and its counterpart the relations system and any conflicts between it, creature selection and ship control.

To be truthful for this quietness there was a demon everyone knows called WoW  :sorry  :(

Anyways now that my game card has run out it is less of a worry to keep playing until OGaM has had some progress to get another game card.  :)

Some things are estimates, Spore was the same, so many releaise dates until now. Things turn out different.

Daxter i got the pre beta demo of OGAM and there are no extra gods on the island just me did you not include any in the pre beta demo

ok sorry for double posting but now it says "this game is protected enter the correct password" whenever i strat it what does tat mean

Oh dear, you've obviously stumbled across one of the beta's for the team only. Reasons for this are if you installed the patches for OGaM which were supposed to be for the team to fix any issues with gameplay, the pre-demo beta is standalone, so there should be at least one of two gods, but not too many features.

Unfortunately I cannot give the password out even though the downloads are out of date, the protection system is so complex that it would be an effort to change the password implemented.

Try redownloading the pre beta again and play again.  :)

Now that I am getting back into this, there are a number of things I need to address before continuing. The first things is that I have done some tweaking of the epic scripts and there has been some minor and major fixes to them, if you wish to download and use them yourself, you can find them in the appropriate thread or in the Script Library.

The second thing is that I need to undertake a mass load of bug fixes and to implement anything to make the game better so soon all releases will be for public testing and may only be downloaded by agreeing that the game is supplied as an open beta and may only be used to report any bugs or crazy things happening or even anything that you want to see added/fixed.

That's all I have for now.  :)

Look out for a new public beta very soon as well as a new gameplay video which demonstrates the change in the God AI in comparison to the older video.

Hello all.

A couple days ago I reacquired a copy of BnW1(Cause it's the best of the two games so far) as a use to how I can shape the God AI but also in the future I intend to rebuild ToTC with a fresh new look and of course the still promise of remaking BnW1 with these new graphics in hand. Having a look at BnW1 with patch 1.2 I have noticed a few changes Lionhead have put in place and the overall effect has turned out well.

Now with the presentation of god hand movements I believe it is now possible for me to create the entire the game(without Dialogue) but I want to see what people think. Of course it would not be started until after OGaM has finished but some early looks at it could be promising and with Multiplayer on the way some of the maps here at Kayssplace that have been released as Skirmish maps are some of the ones that BnW1 had in its repetoire so expect Skirmish Mode for ToTC to see the return of all maps in BnW1.

Anyways what do you think, comments are appreciated and helpful.  :)

EDIT: To prevent any issues with people downloading Beta patches over public betas for the time being I have sorted out the patch area of the downloads so that any core game patches released are placed in one area and beta patches in another.

Daxter

Daxter said:
Now that I am getting back into this, there are a number of things I need to address before continuing. The first things is that I have done some tweaking of the epic scripts and there has been some minor and major fixes to them, if you wish to download and use them yourself, you can find them in the appropriate thread or in the Script Library.

The second thing is that I need to undertake a mass load of bug fixes and to implement anything to make the game better so soon all releases will be for public testing and may only be downloaded by agreeing that the game is supplied as an open beta and may only be used to report any bugs or crazy things happening or even anything that you want to see added/fixed.

That's all I have for now.  :)

Look out for a new public beta very soon as well as a new gameplay video which demonstrates the change in the God AI in comparison to the older video.

Hey again. Recently I have been hard at work to improve the quality of OGaM and promised to have a beta very soon. Alas here it is.

Follow the link below to download.

OGaM Release Beta v4 Public

Once installed, please feel free to bask in the new features of OGaM. Try fiddling with the God Relations or watch the reaction of your ally god when placing buildings down, you'll love the new features as much I have making them.  :D

And coming soon are a huge change to miracle usage by these gods. Soon they will be required to charge mana at an Altar and go to the Altar to retrieve the charged miracle before casting.

Anyways enjoy!!  :)

Daxter

EDIT: There seemed to be a little mistake in the install part of the readme.

Code:
Install with Skirmish Tool:
Extract the folder "OGaM" to Black & White 2\Skirmish\Maps. Then use the install button to install the game
and locate the .sif file in the OGaM folder.

I meant to say:
Code:
Install with Skirmish Tool:
If you have the Skirmish Tool installed, extract the folder "OGaM" from the archive to Skirmish Maps directory in "Black & White 2\Skirmish\Maps". Start the
Skirmish Tool, click Install and follow the directions to install by locating the .sif file(which is in the OGaM folder), then once installed just select the 
game and click play.

It would be cool Daxter, but, we should first check if there is no bug at all. Do you have play testers?

Ryudo2053 said:
It would be cool Daxter, but, we should first check if there is no bug at all. Do you have play testers?

Actually the last set of closed betas were for team testing only but it didn't really help ???, thats why I have made them open betas so the public can enjoy and at the same time press on any bug issues if they come up(and I hope they do). I never really appointed anyone as "Play Tester".

EDIT: While on topic I did forget to add a little note of OGaM's representation side of things, I have been looking through pics people have posted on the OGaM Forums about possible new logos to take over the current one and I have just adopted this one.

You can see it on the news page of the OGaM forums as well as its logo at Moddb and a variation of it as a header in the profile page at Moddb.

Great job Ryuu(member of OGaM forums) who made it, looks really good.  :)

:D Yet another piece of news to post. This one is the second I mentioned earlier, the video I said I would release about the God AI's numerous changes and fixes some of which are present in this video. It may seem repetitive but it's better to show then tell.

Check it out at YouTube.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4CJwG0ppaM[/youtube]

EDIT: I have also added the OGaM Creature Selection script to the Script Library for anyone to use. You may see from the Creature Selection Video how potential it has become, so if you want to see how complex it was to do just take a look at its script.

T-T Did I just see the tree bug again?.. that came out of black&white 1?.. Where Ai gods can pick up trees anyware outside their respective infulence?..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back