Re: Of Gods And Mortals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I have been very busy with this game lately which be why I haven't been on. Mostly I have been trying to tackle the creature training from BnW1. It goes well but I can't get a grip on it without an actual copy of BnW1 to refer from.

Anyways, I ahve also released OGAM Gameplay Video 3 with Parts 1 & 2. They feature to areas of customising for your creature. Alignment and Height. You can find them in the Downloads area of the OGAM Forums.

Later on this week I will post the videos for Weight and Strength, plus also I have researched on when the DEMO will be released according to the work so far and how much is left to satisfy the DEMO and it should be ready, either this month or early next.

EDIT: Btw, I want to know how the God AI is working out with everyone, I am not certain that it will work perfectly because its OGAM based, but I am curious on how it's working out with those using it(if any).

Daxter

Hey, I have been very busy with this game lately which be why I haven't been on. Mostly I have been trying to tackle the creature training from BnW1. It goes well but I can't get a grip on it without an actual copy of BnW1 to refer from.

It's just like trying to train a pet. :)

You really need to play it to understand the BW1 creature. There's no balloons, you need to catch him doing whatever and then the sliding scale isn't linear. You can go overboard and have a condition you can't recover from. Like a compulsive creature or a paranoid one. And then to top it off you creature will have a tendency to do what he wants on occasion and not what you're expecting him to do. They can be fickle at times. :D

Soo.. is this still on the table to be worked on..?.. Finished..?

:-/ I feel dumb for letting ALL my B&W cd's burn in the fire T-T

Nayways.. It will be sometime before I get my hands on B&W2 again... but! I'dd looove to test/play/thingie this!

Seems awesome!

Its just what I wanted.. B&W1, with B&W2 graphics! :D

The way that Lionhead have made this creature is so difficult that you can't make quick work of anything without running into a BnW2 creature feature.

I am going to give it a go as it seems simple enough to disable the roles and script the creature to learn what you teach and each level of improvement allows him to better his actions towards that thing or when and how to perform it.

Purchasing the creature miracles would be something to be scrapped and only can he fully use his miracles by teaching him is when those miracles are automatically researched, just like the basic moves and actions that the player can teach. Plus I can get a hold of the creature anims now because of practice through the creature selection script.

But I'll see how it goes when I start on it properly soon.

Here's a screen of OGAM Land 4. It's only just been started and there's quite a bit more to do for it. This is the last land that I'll will be doing and so the rest will be up to the public.

Enjoy!!

Looks nice. :yes

What do you need for landscapes? ???

Pretty much anything. This is why I have the contest going so people can submit their ideas for landscapes and the best ones will be used as official landscapes as part of the game. There hasn't been much activity on it though.

Well I've got that one dark landscape which is almost finished. As well I've been wanting to do a desert . Don't ask why.

Btw, I've added that post about the contest to the news page.

Oh thanks. I guess I should add to the news page at the OGAM forums.

Anyways, how is that landscape that you did for ToTC going.

That needs a bit of work, but it's almost finished.

normal_dark_landscape.jpg

Looks good. It does look like it needs a bit more work done on it and I may need to re-texture it when you pass it over so that it suits the rest of the landscapes, unless you want to do that.

On the topic of landscapes, here be an update of OGAM Land 4 and it' almost finished too.

I'm no modder, but everything looks excellent. And I'll also be one of the first ones to download this :cool: keep up the good work :yourock:

Spion90009se said:
My landscape  is on retexturing and editing because its to big and flat...^^

That is something I want to avoid. But it's good to know that you trying at it.

On another topic, I have released another trailer and can be found in the downloads area of the OGAM forums. Lastly, I am going to push the DEMO for another month so I have more time to work on it since I have no actual story play plot yet and neither has the team responded to setting this up.

To resolve this however, I am going to release a pre-DEMO public beta for you all to play with. Don't worry because the protection system has been disable for this beta. It should be ready at the end of this work, since there are a couple of fixes I need to perform as well as a few additions to make the game fun for all.

Just wait till then and thanks for your patience.

Daxter

I've got the same problem with size. Are there any specifications for those landscapes.

Basically, what are you looking for ???

i try to make a very proffesional map but it needs many time.

Because the texturing is very complex.

Point 1 will be in 87 65 06 and point 2 in 84 75 18

the map has 40000000000000000000000000 Points  :D

Kays said:
I've got the same problem with size. Are there any specifications for those landscapes.

Basically, what are you looking for ???

Preferably a big island that you can vast your cities across, but not so big its ridicoulous to conquer, as well as visualy beautiful or immensily dense and dull. Anything shape, number of mountains, type(snowy, grassland) etc. with these specs is satisfactory as long as the texturing isn't dodgy.

[quote author=Spion90009se]
i try to make a very proffesional map but it needs many time.

Because the texturing is very complex.

Point 1 will be in 87 65 06 and point 2 in 84 75 18

the map has 40000000000000000000000000 Points 
[/quote]

Whoa, that's heaps.  :shocked

EDIT: Btw people, the Pre-DEMO public Beta of OGAM I mentioned will be out definitely tomorrow.

EDITEDIT: Another btw, OGAM Gameplay Video 3 - Part 1 is up and running on YouTube if you want to check it out.

Alas I have mentioned before that I have released another trailer. I don't think I came around to doing that, so at this time I am uploading it to YouTube to be viewed by all and I know before that trailer 1 was a bust but since I have tried hard to make a good trailer and hence Trailer 5 is created and it's best trailer that I have ever created.

It can found on YouTube soon.

Also I am releasing the OGAM pre-DEMO public beta today and can be downloaded via the downloads area of the OGAM forums or even here if Kays mirrors it. Enjoy and remember that as a beta I cannot guarantee that It'll work to its greatest potential.

Note: I don't support any betas and that you choose to use it at your own risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back