Like creating landscapes but can't play them

It is mentioned here. But since you're not into scripting, I doubt that you've seen it.

So instead I've put this together which should also address some other questions which are normally asked.

Hey kays.
I already have respect for you, after one day, just wanted to say that. It seems like you get bored prety fast, so i guess you can help me with this: im not à good scripter, and if i try, i fail. I wanted to make a island where you just have te defend yourself (against platoons arriving like every two minutes). How to make à script for this? Or do you know/have one? What i acctually just want is Tour awesome script, without THE fancy stuff (respect for it though). I know i just have to remove à few lines of script.

My second question is: Does your .chl file support THE buildings of BotG?

My Third question is: is this Llama à virus? Because i think i'l get à bluescreen if i click it.

Everyone, feel free to anwser, not just kays :) if this post is irrelevant or something, on THE wrong tread, please remove it :) i'm just new to these forums, so sorry if i did wrong.
Sorry for my spelling as wel.

Thanks,
Me

TheContradiction said:
My Third question is: is this Llama à virus? Because i think i'l get à bluescreen if i click it.

Hey, welcome! :) I can't help you much with your other questions, but the llama thing is not a virus, it's just a silly game. You can click the llamas or you can turn them off in your options if they get too annoying.

And how to i get the landxx_walk.xml file? because i think thats where my nav ribbon coordinates are in. i tested my  map, but there were no villagers (i DID set it to 25). so i think i need that walk.xml file. how do i create that?

Greets, Cookie

hi,

Kays i was wondering if you could add some simple scripts to this script for me. i've tried myself but the script compiler just keeps crashing.

theres five scripts and all they do is add waterfalls to my map.

here they are with the coordinates aswell:

define script Waterfall

begin script Waterfall
              WaterfallPos = marker at {502.72, 128.47, 797.41}
              WaterfallVFX = 0
start
  WaterfallVFX = create visual effect "gp_s_physwaterfall.ves" strength 0.1 scale 2 at {WaterfallPos} time -1
end script Waterfall

define script Waterfall

begin script Waterfall
              WaterfallPos = marker at {776.72, 100.02, 605.73}
              WaterfallVFX = 0
start
  WaterfallVFX = create visual effect "gp_s_physwaterfall.ves" strength 0.1 scale 2 at {WaterfallPos} time -1
end script Waterfall

define script Waterfall

begin script Waterfall
              WaterfallPos = marker at {1387.45, 127.28, 568.46}
              WaterfallVFX = 0
start
end script Waterfall

define script Waterfall

begin script Waterfall
              WaterfallPos = marker at {905.79, 312.43, 938.44}
              WaterfallVFX = 0
start
end script Waterfall

define script Waterfall

begin script Waterfall
              WaterfallPos = marker at {673.81, 269.08, 1061.93}
              WaterfallVFX = 0
start
end script Waterfall

thank you.

if you can't do it its not a problem i'll just have to go without waterfalls :(

Hi there.

That one script is only useful for creating one waterfall, you must have more than one script or more than one variable in the same script. Try this.

Code:
define script Waterfall

begin script Waterfall
              // Positions used to create waterfalls.
              WaterfallPos2 = marker at {776.72, 100.02, 605.73}
              WaterfallPos3 = marker at {1387.45, 127.28, 568.46}
              WaterfallPos4 = marker at {905.79, 312.43, 938.44}
              WaterfallPos5 = marker at {673.81, 269.08, 1061.93}

// Number of Waterfalls to create.
              WaterfallVFX = 0
              WaterfallVFX2 = 0
              WaterfallVFX3 = 0
              WaterfallVFX4 = 0
              WaterfallVFX5 = 0
start
  WaterfallVFX2 = create visual effect "gp_s_physwaterfall.ves" strength 0.1 scale 2 at {WaterfallPos2} time -1
  WaterfallVFX3 = create visual effect "gp_s_physwaterfall.ves" strength 0.1 scale 2 at {WaterfallPos3} time -1
  WaterfallVFX4 = create visual effect "gp_s_physwaterfall.ves" strength 0.1 scale 2 at {WaterfallPos4} time -1
  WaterfallVFX5 = create visual effect "gp_s_physwaterfall.ves" strength 0.1 scale 2 at {WaterfallPos5} time -1
end script Waterfall

Be sure to run the script in your main land script, something like.

Code:
define script MyLand1

begin script MyLand1
start
          run background script Waterfall
          set fade in time 2
          wait until 1 !=1
end script MyLand1

Of course your script for your landscape may be different but make sure to have the waterfall script running in main land script.

The final look of it should be...

Code:
define script Waterfall
define script MyLand1

begin script MyLand1
start
          run background script Waterfall
          set fade in time 2
          wait until 1 !=1
end script MyLand1

begin script Waterfall
              // Positions used to create waterfalls.
              WaterfallPos2 = marker at {776.72, 100.02, 605.73}
              WaterfallPos3 = marker at {1387.45, 127.28, 568.46}
              WaterfallPos4 = marker at {905.79, 312.43, 938.44}
              WaterfallPos5 = marker at {673.81, 269.08, 1061.93}

// Number of Waterfalls to create.
              WaterfallVFX = 0
              WaterfallVFX2 = 0
              WaterfallVFX3 = 0
              WaterfallVFX4 = 0
              WaterfallVFX5 = 0
start
  WaterfallVFX2 = create visual effect "gp_s_physwaterfall.ves" strength 0.1 scale 2 at {WaterfallPos2} time -1
  WaterfallVFX3 = create visual effect "gp_s_physwaterfall.ves" strength 0.1 scale 2 at {WaterfallPos3} time -1
  WaterfallVFX4 = create visual effect "gp_s_physwaterfall.ves" strength 0.1 scale 2 at {WaterfallPos4} time -1
  WaterfallVFX5 = create visual effect "gp_s_physwaterfall.ves" strength 0.1 scale 2 at {WaterfallPos5} time -1
end script Waterfall

Good luck!  :)

thank you :) i didn't know i needed a slightly different script. thank you again. :) :) :) :) :)

also when i try to compile the scripts i got with the file at the beggining the forum it come up with many problems and crashes.

any tips?

also the scripts are 5 different scripts but how i put it on the post looks like 1 script. my bad

compile it doing this.

A. Create a new .txt file in the Script Compiler folder and call it Landxxx.txt where the xxx is the number of your land.

B. Open up the text file and add this to it...

Code:
"Script Compiler" -path "C:\Program Files\Lionhead Studios\Black & White 2\Tools\Script Compiler" -enumfile "C:\Program Files (x86)\Lionhead Studios\Black & White 2\Tools\Script Compiler\Enums.txt" -dbfile "C:\Program Files (x86)\Lionhead Studios\Black & White 2\Tools\Script Compiler\bw2text.lhts" -scriptpath "C:\Program Files (x86)\Lionhead Studios\Black & White 2\Tools\Script Compiler\OGAM_1" -inputfile "C:\Program Files (x86)\Lionhead Studios\Black & White 2\Tools\Script Compiler\Landxxx\Challenges.txt" Landxxxx.chl
pause

Note again that the Landxxxx named stuff in the code above must be changed to the folder of that land and wat number you have registered for it. You may also have to change the "C:\Program Files\" path to where u have installed Black and White 2.

e.g. This is OGaM's script compiler

Code:
"Script Compiler" -path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Lionhead Studios\Black & White 2\Tools\Script Compiler" -enumfile "C:\Program Files (x86)\Lionhead Studios\Black & White 2\Tools\Script Compiler\Enums.txt" -dbfile "C:\Program Files (x86)\Lionhead Studios\Black & White 2\Tools\Script Compiler\bw2text.lhts" -scriptpath "C:\Program Files (x86)\Lionhead Studios\Black & White 2\Tools\Script Compiler\OGAM_1" -inputfile "C:\Program Files (x86)\Lionhead Studios\Black & White 2\Tools\Script Compiler\OGAM_1\Challenges.txt" Land2891.chl
pause

C. Save the text file as Landxxxx.bat using File => Save As

D. Run it and copy the .chl file to Scripts\BW2\ in your BnW2 directory

Hope that helped.

right i've done that but when i try to compile it with other scripts the compiler crashes. it seems like the compiler dosen't like the other scripts.

it only crashes on the big scripts. any more advice please?

note: you guys are great. you have helped me quite a bit already

Here's a custom package for ya containing the compiled land script and the raw scripts.  I think the reason it wasnt compiling properly was because the bw2text.bin file was not in your script compiler folder. Ive included that too so it should work now.

http://www.filefront.com/16904199/Land3321.zip

Let me know if something else goes wrong.  :)

got that.
no i didn`t have thebw2text.bin file so i have that now.
I'm sure the script works now but for some reason my disc drive has stopped working so i will have to wait to test it. :( bummer

the only problems now are it crashes after its compiled everything, not much of a problem when its finished. the other one is when compiling the main script it has a few 'string not in database' errors

apart from that it seems to be fine now

thank you for helping me as much as you did. also thank you for compiling the scripts for me as well :) :) :) :) :)

Not a problem, ignore the little errors at the end, it's meant to do that cause your adding custom text to scripts not in the LH text database, same with "string not in database".  :)

Kays said:
HI, if you're appearing in the corner of the map suggests that you haven't set a default camera position. In the editor Settings - Set default camera position.

I can't help too much with the evil advisor. He's not suppose to be there at creature select. It might have something to do with how you've got your map setup.

The MAIN.sky file just gets placed into the skysettings folder. It's used to set the sky back to normal after the epic wonders are fired.
Question: What happens if it's not placed, then?

then the game could probably crash from not being able to find the sky file, that or it wouldnt change back at all

Am i just gonna call the landxxxx.chl file the land number i want it to be? example land1337.chl.

Yes, call it whatever land number you are using. The same as what it is in the map.txt file since that's what calls it.

Back