Like creating landscapes but can't play them

Found the problem. Something I've totally forgotten about.

Open the Land3311.bwe file with Notepad or another text editor and change the number in brackets on the second line to 3311
Code:
SET_LAND_NUMBER(3311)

Interesting looking map. Just a suggestion. Paint the grass/folliage a dark shade of green.

Allso found a bug in the script at the begining which needs fixing.

thanks for helping.
i plan to redo the vegetation after looking at other types.[br][br]Added: [time]1243349752[/time]in the script file when i downloaded it there were text files. do i need them for anything? or dont i need to include them in the file for the landscape when i upload it?

The vegetation looks well done. It just needs some colour.

Those extra files are not required and are there for anyone who can run the script compiler.

Part of the problem at the begining is that the default camera psition hasn't been set. In the editor bring the camera to where you want it to be at the start. Then under Settings in the menu bar click on "Set default camera position"

ok will do. i've just finnished placing the towns gonna set the dcp and then test out the map[br][br]Added: [time]1243421217[/time] Will this script allow the enemy to fire there wonder?

I've just updated the file attached to the first post to an improved version. As well as taking care of a few problems you can now set the size of your creature at creature select by pressing the 1 or 2 keys.

Btw, I've given up on adding objectives.

so is the file at the beggining of the post the new 1?

the creature hight sounds good. what are the two different heights?

i'm not too bothered that you gave up on objectives after all you've taken your time to make a script for people like me so we can play our :yourock: landscapes.

Yes I've updated the first post.

You can now select any size from baby to full grown. It was actually easy to and I don't know why I didn't write it in before.

I added the new .chl file to your map before adding it.

kays i've just got the updated script but there's two .chl files in there a "landxxx" and a "landxxxx" which one do i use? the landxxx is 43kb and the other is 42kb

Ooops, you can check the dates for the most recent one.

However, last night I rewrote the creature select script and that works a bit nicer now. So download the latest version from the first post.

would it be posible to include in the script something to have two enemy creatures if there were two different enemys?
Also can you make the enemy be able to fire there wonder?
if you can't then t dosen't matter. :yourock:

When I first started, I tried to place an evil creautre in each pen. But the game would only allow one. So the answer is no.

It could be possible to script the other player to fire the wonder. But that requires a target. And since I'm writing this to work on any map, it's hard to define a target. Except your town centre, which is not where you want it to happen.

hey Kays.
Where can I get this file package you're talking about?
The scripting thing.
Because I've created a map I'm dying to play.
Let me know.
Also, if its possible, can I upload that map i've made?
Theres an empty version and one that has all the towns/cities placed down.
(It's all landscaped and textured etc)
Then a few pointers about scripting would be great.
Thanks x

Hi, that file is attached to the first post of this thread.

Yes you can upload that file. I just don't have a "Landscapes Only" category setup yet.

For tips on scripting. I have included all of the scripts used in that zip. This topic on the LHS boards is a good start. Unfortunately, it got mucked up a bit when they started using the MS forums. You can also check Our Script Library.

Back