Re: Of Gods And Mortals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice video, but it hung after 5 min so I didn't see it all.

I thought that the other god was an enemy god but here he seems to be helping you out. ???

Yes the god I showed in the video was your ally, there is another god who is your enemy but he will be in another video which demonstrates the god relations part of the AI which you should know already allows the player to befriend other gods or make them enemies. The player is given 75 sec sessions to impress or hurt the other god and his town and eventually the town will be yours and the god an ally or his state of mind will change so anything he comes across which is an enemy he will destroy without mercy.

I should've warned too that the video goes for 7mins 30 secs but it's pretty good stuff.  :happytears:

As always I might run out of ideas to add to the AI, so any suggestions are welcome and balancing the good/evil actions will allow great expansion of the AI. :)

T-T Did I just see the tree bug again?.. that came out of black&white 1?.. Where Ai gods can pick up trees anyware outside their respective infulence?..

lol You did see that. I somehow have come across this bug during the scripting and am trying all possible ways to look for a random tree of any type inside the influence. The problem there was the first time the gods collect resources, that specific tree is the only one of Spruce type which is within the tree pickup radius of the god, then afterwards he would collect Beech trees inside the influence.

EDIT: Btw that music in the background on the video, anybody guess what it is?

lol Close but it's actually the old theme music from BnW1 patch 1.20.  :D

As a coincedence it started playing in the background while I made this video, thats why I asked if anyone recognized it.

Okay guys I've got some ideas for you:
1. Could you guys bring back the increased miracles, like Fireball increase and extreme for example.
2. Do you remember that curse on land 4 from the first game, well it would be awesome if you could bring it back too.

Sam7557 said:
Okay guys I've got some ideas for you:
1. Could you guys bring back the increased miracles, like Fireball increase and extreme for example.
2. Do you remember that curse on land 4 from the first game, well it would be awesome if you could bring it back too.

Hey, the increases and extremes may indeed return in this game, however it might be difficult to produce more then one effect from the hand. As for the curse, I was gonna leave that till the remake of ToTC later on which may have its story scrapped and used to remake BnW1 but I'll see what happens.

hey dax could i write some DOS installers for the betas and demos that are soon to come? I can do almost anything with a DOS file  :D
I could also write some un-installers if you like.

SkelApe said:
hey dax could i write some DOS installers for the betas and demos that are soon to come? I can do almost anything with a DOS file  :D
I could also write some un-installers if you like.

I'm good thanks but when the time comes, the final product may just need an installer to place all 8 landscapes and files.  :p

Daxter said:
lol You did see that. I somehow have come across this bug during the scripting and am trying all possible ways to look for a random tree of any type inside the influence. The problem there was the first time the gods collect resources, that specific tree is the only one of Spruce type which is within the tree pickup radius of the god, then afterwards he would collect Beech trees inside the influence.

It makes me go lol somewhat...

Lionhead has had a slight programing error... and never wanted to fix it...  T-T Now these gods will steal my forests tooo!!

I still hate Khazar for everytime he came floating by.. he stole one of MY trees! >.< I killed him for that!..

Yes.. I was evil...

lol Don't worry about that, the script for the trees are within a given radius of a town's influence so they can't run half-way across an island for one tree.  :happytears:

Unlike BnW1, OGaM is comprised entirely of scripts so it can be changed at any time.  :p  :yes

I think what you can still do is script the idea of limited power outside of your influence. I mean like, you can put your hand outside your influence for a short amount of time before losing power.

Alkatraz2212 said:
I think what you can still do is script the idea of limited power outside of your influence. I mean like, you can put your hand outside your influence for a short amount of time before losing power.

That does happen, however it is very short time. I usually do multi pick up to gather forest's out side my influence.

hmmm I'm not too sure about the shortened influence outside of the ring can be changed but perhaps an influence miracle can be added that allows the player to reach outside their influence for a bit longer.

However the miracle will have a 5 min cooldown before being used again, however to fix up the other gods expending influence power gathering trees I might add some vfx of influence being lost much like the player's when their hand goes outside of the influence ring, along with that noise that can be heard but it would be only heard if the camera is oh so much close to the enemy god's hand.

Sorry to question the thought, but wouldn't that spell be hard to script because of making it limited to the free land and not the enemy's influence?

for the influence increase spell couldnt you put something like If cast enable global influence... that might work... but then again i wouldnt know because im not a very good scripter  :D

for the influence boundry couldnt you just set a time limit for how long the god stays outside instead of adding factors in like speed etc

(300th post  :cool:)

Hidden Miles said:
Sorry to question the thought, but wouldn't that spell be hard to script because of making it limited to the free land and not the enemy's influence?

lol So many people in the past had said that scripting a god would be "hard" and only LH would be able to do it and they were proven wrong, so dealing with the influence powers may only have a few minor problems but still doable.

Oh yes I understand where your going with this SkelApe. The simple way for a god to have a limit before needing to recharge is to set-up a script that forces the god to drop the action they were doing and go bak to the influence.

Aslong as I don't see my 'friend god' or my 'enemy god' steal my trees! I'm fine with it! :3

Because.. I still have that grudge against Khazar... Stupid tree stealer! Especialy when he comes the first 3 minutes of the game..

activating all those gold story scrolls, and ALWAYS takes a tree back home! Bwah!

And Daxter, I can totaly understand why people say its 'not doable'. I mean, I only see

CREATE_BLA_BLA_NUM_NUM_NUM_NUM_NUM_NIL

I mean.. It's guessing what Number is what.. and.. there are even NIL vallues! O_O;;

No worries about that then. Any and all gods have their own towns to help out(so allies will work on another of your towns and keep em happy) so expect them to rush out of the influence ring for trees but won't stray too far.

I was actually playing a bit of BnW1 yesterday and I noticed that too, after every tutorial or even his blah blah, before returning he would steal a tree even if it was meant to be scenic.

To be honest as well on the 'not doable' concept of producing gods, I had been in that crowd saying 'why can't LH put gods in BnW2' and 'scripting one would be impossible cause we don't have proper hand models'. My gosh the time has gone by and we have more now than 2 -3 yrs ago. :D

EDIT: Btw some people have notified me that map.txt does not exist in the archive for the new beta so no worries.

Open the current map.txt and change it's contents to look like this:

Code:
SET_LAND_NUMBER(2891)
LOAD_FEATURE_SCRIPT(".\data\landscape\BW2\Land2891.bwe")

...Sorry i've been gone for some time.

........Does the new beta release include multiplayer?

...Or are you still working on it? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back