Re: Of Gods And Mortals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do indeed have SP2 installed, as well as latest drivers for my video card (it's been obsolete for a few years, but it was pretty high end when Black and White 2 came out.) I downloaded it off of you're very website (or here at Kayssplace, whichever you want to call it) but every time I try to download again, it says the server has timed out. I'll try it again tomorrow, it's 12:11 AM here, I need sleep. Keep the suggestions coming though.

Excuse the triple post, but it worked. I guess it was just a corrupted file. Anywho, down to my taking of it.

I understand that it IS in fact a beta, and you guys have plenty of time to fix all this, but it is REALLY buggy.

° Creature custimization, if kept, which I think it shouldn't, is really messed up. The down toggle is out of order, and clicking the bronze scroll at the end does nothing.
° After the tutorial, the red god just goes away, and the ally god does absolutely nothing, leaving the entire land to do with what you see fit.
° The ship tutorial is messed up. I made a ship, and clicked again while the ship began to float up a mountain.
° The tutorial in front of the second town (the one closest to the wall) is either broken, or I just don't have something. It says "Tool Missing: Exporter". What does this mean?

Not trying to sound like a cruel critic, but this needs urgent fixation.

Here are the good things.

° Really good idea of gods being able to turn for or against you, but how would this create a proper story? Unless a god is scripted to hate you of course.
° Good idea of ships, it would allow more diversity to games. But how would migrations be accepted if they're on another island?

Otherwise, this is a really good game. Ever thought of some voice work too? And perhaps to make the consciences more in the story, recreate their dialogue yourself, and program them in properly. I may be able to help, as I have a microphone. So if you ever decide to have a twelve year-olds voice in your game, gimme a pm, and I'll be sure to say something if my voice depends.

If you could address my questions and respond to my criticisms that'd be nice. Anyway, happy programin'. Alkatraz2212.

Alkatraz2212 said:
Excuse the triple post, but it worked. I guess it was just a corrupted file. Anywho, down to my taking of it.

I understand that it IS in fact a beta, and you guys have plenty of time to fix all this, but it is REALLY buggy.

° Creature custimization, if kept, which I think it shouldn't, is really messed up. The down toggle is out of order, and clicking the bronze scroll at the end does nothing.
° After the tutorial, the red god just goes away, and the ally god does absolutely nothing, leaving the entire land to do with what you see fit.
° The ship tutorial is messed up. I made a ship, and clicked again while the ship began to float up a mountain.
° The tutorial in front of the second town (the one closest to the wall) is either broken, or I just don't have something. It says "Tool Missing: Exporter". What does this mean?

Not trying to sound like a cruel critic, but this needs urgent fixation.

Here are the good things.

° Really good idea of gods being able to turn for or against you, but how would this create a proper story? Unless a god is scripted to hate you of course.
° Good idea of ships, it would allow more diversity to games. But how would migrations be accepted if they're on another island?

Otherwise, this is a really good game. Ever thought of some voice work too? And perhaps to make the consciences more in the story, recreate their dialogue yourself, and program them in properly. I may be able to help, as I have a microphone. So if you ever decide to have a twelve year-olds voice in your game, gimme a pm, and I'll be sure to say something if my voice depends.

If you could address my questions and respond to my criticisms that'd be nice. Anyway, happy programin'. Alkatraz2212.

I'm glad you got it working because I really had no other way of guessing what the problem was.

Thankyou for your opinion, I certainly have the work cut out especially after that crash. Some of the things I do plan on changing are:
  - The removal of the creature customisation because it is very annoying
  - Implementing and bug fixing features of the God AI(which is under way and is certainly working out)
  - Ships are somewhat annoying me too and will have a great look at what can be done to simulate the ship movements and are to be implemented soon.
  - The tutorial that says "Tool Missing: Exporter" was put there on purpose because the basic idea is to introduce and show the player the new buildings and god powers that are in the game and as you should know we don't have such a tool yet.

Apart from all this, I think despite all the bugs that most of the things that I have promised thus far are indeed coming to life and work on them is to be done if they are to be succeed in the future(OGAM release and beyond).

But thanks for playing, I will be sure to designate some time to fixing these bugs and present something that can be indeed called a version 1.

Hey all, I have some good news and some bad news.

Good News is that the CS selection is back up and working now. The script was actually completely rewritten and as far as I know, it works exactly in the same way as Lionhead's Creature Selection script except it operates much faster and skips all the blah, blah, blah at the start. Plus like the God AI it is very user-friendly and easy to tweak to use in other custom maps. This means that I will be releasing it soon.

Bad News is that Team Member Rodzilla had been working on and produced a fully working(not 100%) Model exporter for Black & White 2. Unfortunately his father had attemped to install something on his PC and hence crashed it, losing it all including the exporter which he was going to release at christmas past.

Looks good so far just 2 questions
1. Can you create some Challenges where you get a Creature as a reward,so that you can swap your current one with it like in Black & White 1?
2. Are there the Norse villagers too, if so how about changing the sword with the forester axe , because it goes better with the Norse warriors.

Sam7557 said:
Looks good so far just 2 questions
1. Can you create some Challenges where you get a Creature as a reward,so that you can swap your current one with it like in Black & White 1?
2. Are there the Norse villagers too, if so how about changing the sword with the forester axe , because it goes better with the Norse warriors.

Answers to your questions.
1. Sounds like a good idea, but there's not that many creatures to swap with.
2. We can't change the models, and especially the weapons that villagers use, its a good thought though.

EDIT: Btw I once OGAM has been completed, I am confirming now that ToTC and Greenpatch will return and will include the vastly popular OGAM scripts such as the God AI(which was intended to be for ToTC) and new Creature Selection.

Alkatraz2212 said:
I recall ToTC, but what's in god's green earth is Greenpatch?

Check Kayssplace downloads. The latest(but oldest version so far) for Greenpatch is in there for download.

Just a BW2 Script Library update that I've added a new script called Advanced Creature Select that acts in the same way as Lionhead's script if not better. Instructions for use are included in the script library.

Excellent. I'm now back where I was before the crash and soon the next land can be started. For the first time so far the next BETA will be a bug-free game.

All bugs especially those in the God AI have been squished, lol [:p].

And so now the time has come for voice acting to begin.

We need 6 people for assorted gods and 1 person to voice as the star of the game, the goddess. As usual you can apply at the OGAM forums and providing a sample can really help to choose the right people.

I posted my application. If you need ideas as to how you can use me, you can portray me as a young, newborn god, or just a young boy offering a quest.

If I can't do voice acting for you (I'll be rather disappointed, but I understand) I can assist in writing a script/storyline, if you haven't already.

Double post again (I've been doing this a lot lately) but I've gotten some voice samples. They're .wav files so I don't know how to give em to you. I posted the same thing on OGAM forums, you can read more info in my edit there.

I also applied for voice acting, I wonder if I get selected.. It would be silly to hear myself though.. :p

The more the better welcome. Thanks for helping, Im adding a voice also.

Cool, so you're getting back into BW2 scripting again. :)

00din said:
I've joined the team as scripter (obviously). :)

Thanks for accepting, it will make things go much faster now. Btw, when I get things organized, I'll get up to you speed on where the project is heading in terms of scripts and stuff. Alcatrazz2212 has also joined up as well as a story writer and so he is willing to help write each individual land story by dividing it into a series of events, each that will make the player delve into the lives of their people and help them out thus expanding their devotion to the player and moves the story along without straying away from BnW's original concept of what a god game should be.

Kays said:
Cool, so you're getting back into BW2 scripting again. :)
I am needed. :laugh2

Daxter, could you add me to MSN?

Pleeeeaaaase kill the Llama... Plz?  :shocked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back