Creatures vs Soldiers

i told you, me and aben warned you about archers they slaughter anything even the creature!!!!

My old wolf was tree-happy.  He would always grab a tree and swat away.  :D

Archers are evil...  I think they were assassins before they became archers.

yeah I remember the first (and only) time my wolf ripped out a tree and then did a big groundslam with it XD  I was so proud. *tear*
He'd probably do it more but I'm a (mostly) good god... so yeah he doesn't see too much battle if I can help it.

Finally saw my wolf use a tree on  platoon yesterday, so strike my comment about opposing digits. :p

As well he's getting into throwing rocks at oncoming platoons before jumping into them. But he does need some work on his aim. :rolleyes

Kays said:
Finally saw my wolf use a tree on  platoon yesterday, so strike my comment about opposing digits. :p

As well he's getting into throwing rocks at oncoming platoons before jumping into them. But he does need some work on his aim. :rolleyes

Yeah, I tried the game with a tiger instead and the tiger uses trees alot more often than the lion (from what I can see, anyway). But how on earth does your creature use rocks? I can't even make my creature pick up a rock, much less thow the darn thing at the enemy. He just walks over to it and says that he cant do that. I've got one creature at 99% size and still wont pick up a rock. Do you have to get one of the soldier upgrades?

Maybe I should of mentioned that I did get him the first soldier upgrade. :)

The rocks he was thowing were the small catapult sized ones. I don't think they can pick up any of larger ones.

You know that there is a way to get free of your creature getting jumped on, just go into the menu tab in the lower left hand corner, go to the creature paw, and click the leash and click somewhere else and he will immediately get out of being pumeled into the ground.

P.S. I just realized that instead of doing all that menu stuff you can just press L and you get the leash.  ???

Kays said:
Maybe I should of mentioned that I did get him the first soldier upgrade. :)

The rocks he was thowing were the small catapult sized ones. I don't think they can pick up any of larger ones.

Ah, I see. I thought you was talking about the average size ones you will just find around the islands.

Vargoradaath said:
It was due to the fact that he was unable to perform duties other than killing and eating that I rid myself of him.  In fact, once every enemy on the island was dead/conquered, he just stood in one spot, doing nothing(apparently, he was 'depressed'), and frequently disregarded the leashes; he was excellent for offense, but useless for anything else.  My towns were in need of a helper, and he was too busy moping and killing livestock.  Since beating him into a pulp a la B&W does nothing once the slider reaches maximum punishment no matter how often or how severely was beaten, he was stuck as a useless, ugly, lump of nothing.

Vargoradaath said:
It was due to the fact that he was unable to perform duties other than killing and eating that I rid myself of him.  In fact, once every enemy on the island was dead/conquered, he just stood in one spot, doing nothing(apparently, he was 'depressed'), and frequently disregarded the leashes; he was excellent for offense, but useless for anything else.  My towns were in need of a helper, and he was too busy moping and killing livestock.  Since beating him into a pulp a la B&W does nothing once the slider reaches maximum punishment no matter how often or how severely was beaten, he was stuck as a useless, ugly, lump of nothing.

if all u did is teach him to fight then thats the only thing it will sure u can do wat ever u want but wen u cocentreate on that one thing its all it does

Aha...  a tripple post :;):  lol :p
next time use the modify button on the upper right side of the message you posted :)

Archers on the wall actually aren't too hard to get rid of.  At least with my wolf, if you have him attacked the section of wall the archers are on, sometime's he'll hit it with his elbow.  Immediately kills the archers on that section of wall.  It puts him in range of attack, though.

Firry said:
Archers on the wall actually aren't too hard to get rid of.  At least with my wolf, if you have him attacked the section of wall the archers are on, sometime's he'll hit it with his elbow.  Immediately kills the archers on that section of wall.  It puts him in range of attack, though.

A few quick clicks on the section of wall the archers are patrolling will ensure they die painfully. 

As far as defending against creatures, I've found that it's better to keep the archers on the ground a short distance behind the wall.  Yes, they're in danger of being crushed by the wall under Creature seige, but it's rare to lose an entire platoon from debris-related casualties.  I once lost a Level 7 platoon in a single strike from the otherwise tiny and weak Tiger on the 2nd Japanese island... at which point I created a 460-man ranged platoon for the sole purpose of slaying that foul beast.

After all, few Creatures learn to stay out of the archers' range and hit them with thrown objects or aggressive miracles.  Most of mine simply rush into their midst and spin around trying to stomp one of the archers while the rest of the platoon let their arrows fly...  :angry

Whenever my creature beings to cast lightning on any soldiers i get happy knowing that he won't die :) Honestly Lightning is awesome for CvS fights.

Vargoradaath said:
After all, few Creatures learn to stay out of the archers' range and hit them with thrown objects or aggressive miracles.  Most of mine simply rush into their midst and spin around trying to stomp one of the archers while the rest of the platoon let their arrows fly...  :angry

If you get the master soldier upgrade then he will be more imaginative and powerful in his attacks. But I find that the actions still seem to be hit and miss. Like on one occassion he astounded me by jumping into a group infantry throwing a fireball at the supporting archers and then using lightning on the remaining infantry. But then on the next occassion he just jumped  in, ignored the archers and started stomping. And got killed in the proccess.

I've finished the game and am going though it again. I've just bought my creature the master soldier upgrade and will be keeping an eye out to see if he does get to be more effective with experiance.

the other day my creature had a tree in his hand and just stood there letting the norse infantry slice his ankles open so i made him throw it then attack the platoon killing them instantly. :)

Second Japanese land is evil for good gods.  Sent my creature put to deal with some platoons I hadn't burnt up, found about 10 of them o_O.  Evil guttersnipes slashed my creature's feet open.

This was when I found out your creature will have serious trouble with infantry if he doesn't heal himself after a large battle and begins to chase them.  If the midgets slice your creature's feet open enough, he limps and makes this whimpering noise when he walks.  :cry

He also goes very slowly.

Starting from that level where you fight the highly agressive japanese brother My Good wolf has been more of a fighter.
I got him both of the soldier upgrades, and the lightning and healing spells.
He's done some interesting things,  Like one time he ran up to a wall with archers on it, and instead of hitting the wall he sortof leaned on it with his paws (looked pretty cute actually ;p) and then reached up with one paw and sweapt it across the top of the wall, killing everyone ^^;

Also there's the lightning spell, it's deadly... one shot and kzzzt there goes half the platoon.
He's done the tree smash too ofcourse. 

My favorite though..  and he's only done this once...  was when he CAUGHT the rock from a catapault, and then threw that rock back at the catapault destroying it!  I was so amazed.    I've tried getting him to do it again but he only runs in and smashes them when I try.

He's also really nasty with other creatures, though my wolf doesn't seem to do the pounce.... ever.. I'm abit dissapointed.  Although he doesn't seem to need it, he does some kind of taunt and punch move that does up around 20 X_x

My creature will run off and grab a tree when in combat. He will then run back to the army and use the tree to squash them.

He uses rocks all the time especially on walls and gates.

Back