Creatures vs Soldiers

Dantheman102100

Hello y'all, I'm new here, I've been visiting for about a year now but I never got into the forums, but here I am, and I've got a question.

I was on the first Japanese land and I thought for fun I would see how many people my creature could kill unsupported (he's a lion, BTW). I bought him every single miricle, maxed out his fitness and strength, and got fatness around 45 percent. I sent him against the enemy army (simple infantry) and he slaughtered the fifty or soldiers he came across, but he lost about 1/5th of his health so I brought him back home, and I didn't even notice the two platoons of archers that followed him, so when I saw them, I made him attack them. He killed 6 of them before they massacred him.

Now my question. How can I make him better at combat, and in case the creature dies, how can I revive him? Thanks for the help. :)

Yah.. archers can make a pincushion out your creature pretty quickly.

I haven't payed much attention to properly using my creature in combat yet. But if he knew either the fire or lightning miracles then I think he should be able to fry a bunch of archers before they severely damage him.

When your creature is dies it's like the original game.  He ends up in his pen until he is healed. Again I haven't tried it but you should be able to use a heal miracle on him to speed up his recovery.

Yeah, he had all the miricles a creature could lean (water, heal, lightning, and fire), and yeah they creamed him pretty good. :laugh2 You would think that such a huge monster would be able to take on armies of hundreds at the least.

But about when he dies...he didn't just reapear in his pen, he...just...died. He fell to the ground like a dead fly and to add insult to injury, the army that fell him just gathered around his dead body. Nothing else happened. Do I have to wait for a certain time, or maybe just a random glich?

You would think that such a huge monster would be able to take on armies of hundreds at the least.
Why not, King Kong was able to. :D

But I really haven't spent enough time with my creature to see what he is capable of to comment on what he can or cannot do with miracles. But I have seen some interesting comments in other posts.

Somewhere it states that your creature will re-appear in his pen after being killed, but I've also noticed that it does take a long time for that to happen.

Yup, it takes a copple of minutes...  and btw to make him better just upgrade the soldier task (upgrade 1, 50000 tribute and upgrade 2, 250000 tribute) so he will take less damage and learn new attacks,  and I think if u make him battle very much he will learn new things to... :)

Chetto said:
Yup, it takes a copple of minutes...  and btw to make him better just upgrade the soldier task (upgrade 1, 50000 tribute and upgrade 2, 250000 tribute) so he will take less damage and learn new attacks,  and I think if u make him battle very much he will learn new things to... :)

Ah, I see. I'm going to try that a little later. Thanks for the info! :D

hmmm my wolf rarely uses his miricles on infantry or seige weapons. he usually just runs in and stomps around a bunch. The creatures only means of attacking soldiers simply seems to be pounding on the ground making them fly off and take fall damage :/.

The only cool combat i get to see him in is when he takes on another creature. Although if one creature takes the opportunity to jump onto another the battle is pretty much over. He just pounds the other into a pulp until it dies :/

depents on...  today my creature jumped of the other creature and jumped with his ass on his head :p  (there is a movie that a monkey does it to) and he took 25 damage and was dead :p

also and u must do this keep away from the archers that fire fire arrows they slaughtered my creature (this was the first aztec land) not giving my creature to atk so then i game them some of there own medicene a fireball on there head. (hehehehe)

I found that as your creature kills more platoons he tends to use his most effective attack first.  I use my creature (a tiger) for alot of combat and he has master soldier and all the miracles except water.  After about the 20th platoon he killed every time he just uses the pouncing attack and then lightning and fineshes off the whole platoon in one attack.  I think you just need to have him attack more and he gets better and more efficient at killing.

Intriguing.  Before I discarded him like the defective abomination that he was, I considered my first Wolf to be an impressive fighting machine.  Melee platoons dropped like flies as he seemingly comboed ground-stomping and Lightning (stun, then immediately follow with lightning)... as he progressed, he seemed to be much more willing to use lighting at the start of combat, and also to finish off the handful of soldiers that remained after repeated stomps, kicks, and bites (the latter of which I've only seen a few times).

His creature vs. creature skills were shockingly effective, with his strikes dealing 5 damage at the very least, and frequently knocking the Norse wolf to the ground with a minimum of 20 damage specials.  Of course, as seen in that legendary shot of the B&W cow caught in a swarm of arrows, the creatures are easily felled by archers... definitely something to consider when capturing towns.

Forgive me if this sounds ignorant but if he was so great at all those things why discard him? What made him abominable and defective?

Seishen said:
Forgive me if this sounds ignorant but if he was so great at all those things why discard him? What made him abominable and defective?

It was due to the fact that he was unable to perform duties other than killing and eating that I rid myself of him.  In fact, once every enemy on the island was dead/conquered, he just stood in one spot, doing nothing(apparently, he was 'depressed'), and frequently disregarded the leashes; he was excellent for offense, but useless for anything else.  My towns were in need of a helper, and he was too busy moping and killing livestock.  Since beating him into a pulp a la B&W does nothing once the slider reaches maximum punishment no matter how often or how severely was beaten, he was stuck as a useless, ugly, lump of nothing.

Vargoradaath said:
It was due to the fact that he was unable to perform duties other than killing and eating that I rid myself of him.  In fact, once every enemy on the island was dead/conquered, he just stood in one spot, doing nothing(apparently, he was 'depressed'), and frequently disregarded the leashes; he was excellent for offense, but useless for anything else.  My towns were in need of a helper, and he was too busy moping and killing livestock.  Since beating him into a pulp a la B&W does nothing once the slider reaches maximum punishment no matter how often or how severely was beaten, he was stuck as a useless, ugly, lump of nothing.

With the new learning system you could have played around with the creature mind much more. I don't think any creature is really beyond repair anymore since you have total control over every action he's learned to do. In any event, you may have wanted a fresh start.

More on topic: My creature used a tree on a platoon the other day on his own. It's amazingly effective. Plus he even kicked half a platoon into the nearby ocean. I think if the creature is fighting in your influence, you can throw a tree to him, and he will use it. This is what I have read about, but haven't tried it myself yet.

[alphaBeta] said:
More on topic: My creature used a tree on a platoon the other day on his own. It's amazingly effective. Plus he even kicked half a platoon into the nearby ocean. I think if the creature is fighting in your influence, you can throw a tree to him, and he will use it. This is what I have read about, but haven't tried it myself yet.

Strange, when I give my creature a tree or something he tends to drop it just before the actual fighting begins, or in the off case that he still is holding it when fighting, he doesn't actually do anything with it, just stomps around or uses some spells. What does your creature do with the tree, swing it around at the enemy or something?

Dantheman102100 said:
Strange, when I give my creature a tree or something he tends to drop it just before the actual fighting begins, or in the off case that he still is holding it when fighting, he doesn't actually do anything with it, just stomps around or uses some spells. What does your creature do with the tree, swing it around at the enemy or something?

The particular incident I was referring to happened outside my influence. He just picked it up by himself and deliberately started smashing it right into the platoon. Very cool, and very deadly for the platoon. :cool:  He is an advanced soldier (from the tribute menu - the 1st soldier upgrade). Perhaps creatures without the soldier upgrades don't do this. I certainly didn't train him to.

ARCHERS OWN! DID I NOT TELL YOU THAT IN "Your Standard Unit" TOPIC? HA!

I found my creature was rather good at killing archers, he would stand outside of their range and throw a fireball to connect with where they were charging. Instantly demolishing the archers and easily mopping up the infantry with his special pounce attack and a few well placed kicks.

But it seems my wolf does not want to use trees as weapons, yet my ape does. Intelligence?

Shinyturtle said:
But it seems my wolf does not want to use trees as weapons, yet my ape does. Intelligence?

Could that be due to the lack of opposing digits(thumbs)? ???

Back