Re: Of Gods And Mortals

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Im afraid this project was due for a halt for real life issues. I have no insight into where or when this will pick up, sry.

Aright then, its been a very very long time since this game was halted for development, people had commitment issues, bugs were everywhere and all sorts of stuff was going on. Now first of all I would like to thank everyone for holding on for so long and I would assume that with the lack of late development, following is much less than what it used to be.

I would like to get a start on this in due time again, pick it up where it was left off and take it one step at a time. To help this, I will make development more interactive to you, the player. How would u do this? Please read on.

As intended, the game will still promise most of what was announced but within reason inside the box. Without the necessary tools or any sort of functional program, modelling, creature development/imports, Multiplayer etc WILL NOT be delivered, everything else script-side will be. So the next question is, how am I going to make development more interactive to the player? It's quite simple.

Draw your attention to the OGaM forums in the coming weeks for new threads to help you to help me get this done. I will be updating the site with alot of new stuff in order to achieve this, such things as:

- Bug Report Forum
- Suggestion Forum
- Live Updates
- Technical Solutions

And more. Additionally I would also like to take a step-by-step approach to OGaM and let you the player help decide what to do next, this limits to anything that does not conflict with the story or progression from land to land but more on effective means on how to get there and the ultimatum of the decision.

About the New Forums:

Bug Report Forum:
This will be created to effectively allow players to identify major issues related to lag, choppy sections of land, broken features and broken challenges. I will include a simple template to follow to help me understand what you are trying to tell me, this will also let other ppl know the issue has been noted so double-ups of the same issue don't appear. Please feel free to post in those specific topics if you are experiencing a similar issue.

Suggestion Forum:
Same as the bug report forum, feel free to drop a suggestion in, this limits to anything within the box that can be used via scripting. As with the bug report forum, I will provide a template that will make it clearer.

Live Updates:
My own personal forum to post updated content as I complete it, this includes new scripts, screenshots, videos and an additional place to host releases.

Technical Solutions
Another great forum where topics written by myself will try help you with any issue you may have with the game, whether it is installation, broken features or broken challenges, this topic will be locked and any problems you have, please bring them up in the Bug Report Forum. Note too that I may provide a similar option for black and white 2's core game.

@ The Game - I will post more later on regarding the game's current position and where we will go from there.

@ The Team - If you are all still out there, please drop me a reply here or send a PM.

Thankyou and its great to be here!

EDIT: Forums are now reactivated and the templates for the Bug Report and Suggestion Forums are up.

Dax.  :)

I MIGHT be getting BW2 sometime soon, and I'm always looking to broaden my horizons, especially when it comes to technology. If/when I do get it, and if/when this project is back underway, would there possibly be some way in which I could assist? :)

Wow, it's been so long since I last heard anything from any member of the team, let alone Dax. Still around when and if you need me buddy.

@ The Game

Ok so everything is in the process of being cleaned up, forums have been cleared of spam, new forum threads are up and its all coming together slowly. Now to the game itself.

If I remember correctly, it was left off with 1 land, an unfinished God AI, a shitty ship and some buggy challenges. Now I have been able to make progress on the ship and thanks to Kays its no longer subject to venturing off elsewhere after deselection or otherwise following the player's key clicks. I have tested this endlessly and Im positive it does work.

Where Will OGaM go from here?

We will go back at land 1 and start with the basic issue, the epics (and their cinematics) and platoon transportation. This is what I will start fixing up script-side, then the next thing to tackle is polishing off the God AI. This will take a relatively longer period as most of it is still broken and unfinished. This is where the player comes in, please look for the God AI thread under the Suggesion and Bug Report boards of the OGaM forums soon. Please take the time to place your suggestions/improvements and report bug issues with this system so I can take a closer look.

Thankyou.

Dax

That's a simple question that anyone can answer. The thing about the God AI in BOTG was that it was FAR too robotic. It just followed a straight algorithm, and quickly became predictable. The goal of the OGAM AI is to make it fun, challenging, unpredictable.

Hope that helped!

Alkatraz2212 said:
That's a simple question that anyone can answer. The thing about the God AI in BOTG was that it was FAR too robotic. It just followed a straight algorithm, and quickly became predictable. The goal of the OGAM AI is to make it fun, challenging, unpredictable.

Hope that helped!

When I finish the basic stuff first. :p

The juicy parts of it haven't been implemented yet and it's already complicated looking. ><

Daxter said:
When I finish the basic stuff first. :p

The juicy parts of it haven't been implemented yet and it's already complicated looking. ><

another dumb question, but....

isn't there a way to modify the light sparks for B&W 1 and change em toa a hand, but with the same AI?

they wasn't so robotic. I know you are doing a very hard work here, so i jsut don't want that lionhead announce another b&w now that you and your team are trying to fix of gods and mortals...

EDIT: im looking toward a future as scripter...

I'm not sure but it's a major game mechanic of Black and White 1 so probably not.

Dax, isn't that what we said about the colour? That it was pretty much hardwired or something?

I think the object should be replacable, I just don't know how. If you would like, Scythe, I can look into it, but I have a rather lot on my plate involving the game right now, which I suppose means I should start messing with it again, so it could take a while; You just have to be patient. If I come to a verdict that I am having too much trouble, I will tell you, and that you should ask somebody else. Just keep in mind it might take a while, as far as I know, I'm the only one left here that is still going deeper into the original game. :D

Okapidragon said:
Dax, isn't that what we said about the colour? That it was pretty much hardwired or something?

I think the object should be replacable, I just don't know how. If you would like, Scythe, I can look into it, but I have a rather lot on my plate involving the game right now, which I suppose means I should start messing with it again, so it could take a while; You just have to be patient. If I come to a verdict that I am having too much trouble, I will tell you, and that you should ask somebody else. Just keep in mind it might take a while, as far as I know, I'm the only one left here that is still going deeper into the original game. :D

yeah, ok, i would like to know if you know the name of the first game engines first, i think they are the same, i didn't notticed much difference between the two.

I don't do much with BnW1 so I wouldn't know anyway but go for it.

As for game engine, I think most of BnW2 came from BnW1 even the scripting language, they just modified it all majorly. I do remember they might have had to build the new engine for BnW2 because the old one wasnt working as properly. Again I don't know too much about BnW1.  :p

EDIT: Guess while I'm here, I'll update the situation. May have to look into purchasing a new copy of Black and White 2 if my current disc is what is causing installations to suddenly corrupt the game upon load.

Daxter said:
I don't do much with BnW1 so I wouldn't know anyway but go for it.

As for game engine, I think most of BnW2 came from BnW1 even the scripting language, they just modified it all majorly. I do remember they might have had to build the new engine for BnW2 because the old one wasnt working as properly. Again I don't know too much about BnW1.  :p

EDIT: Guess while I'm here, I'll update the situation. May have to look into purchasing a new copy of Black and White 2 if my current disc is what is causing installations to suddenly corrupt the game upon load.

I have reinstalled my old Black and White 1 yesterday and i have been ''exploring'' the scripts and they seen to be very similar. i wanted to know the engine, beacause if it was the same,  create a god hand replacing the light sparks by a hand wouldn't be so hard, or was it going to be the same thing?(or almost it)

EDIT: you are lucky, here in Brazil, if i get something corrupted i will have to download it... they stopped selling Black & White 2 in 2006 =(

EDIT 2: i have been seen the first 3 pages of the topic, and project was going very nice... too bad it isn't now :(

also, check the other site too, there where 4 guys aking to join your team, just after your last post there (i dont remeber the name  :rolleyes)
[br][br]Added: [time]1277393847[/time]Is there anyway to make new commands to the game? like making the enemy creature attack people that is migrating to My town?

like: KILLING_LARGE_MIGRATION_TO_ENEMY_HOMETOWN 1
or KILLING_LARGE_MIGRATION_TO_PLAYER_HOMETOWN 1

???[br][br]Added: [time]1277396217[/time]and i also would like to now why all these numbers in BoTG in the GameBalanceEnemyGod script
click the spoiler to see the script

//EnemyGod
THROW_WATER_ON_FIELD 1 0 0 3 5 10 3 0 0 3 4 0 3 0 0 3
CAST_WATER_ON_FIELD 1 0 0 3 5 10 3 0 0 3 3 0 3 0 0 3
THROW_WATER_ON_TREE 1 0 0 3 5 10 3 0 0 3 4 1 3 0 0 3
CAST_WATER_ON_TREE 1 0 0 3 5 10 3 0 0 3 3 1 3 0 0 3
CAST_HEAL_ON_INJURED_TROOPS 1 0 0 3 5 0 3 0 0 3 3 2 3 0 0 3
CAST_HEAL_ON_INJURED_CREATURE 1 0 0 3 5 0 3 0 0 3 3 3 3 0 0 3
THROW_HEAL_ON_VILLAGER 1 0 0 3 5 0 3 0 0 3 4 4 3 0 0 3
CAST_HEAL_ON_VILLAGER 1 0 0 3 5 0 3 0 0 3 3 4 3 0 0 3
CREATE_DISCIPLE_FARMER 1 0 0 3 2 4 3 0 0 3 3 0 3 0 0 3
CREATE_DISCIPLE_MINER 1 0 0 3 2 4 3 0 0 3 3 11 3 0 0 3
CREATE_DISCIPLE_BUILDER 1 0 0 3 2 4 3 0 0 3 3 10 3 0 0 3
CREATE_DISCIPLE_BREEDER 1 0 0 3 2 4 3 0 0 3 3 4 3 0 0 3
CREATE_DISCIPLE_REFINER 1 0 0 3 2 4 3 0 0 3 3 14 3 0 0 3
CREATE_DISCIPLE_FORESTER 1 0 0 3 2 4 3 0 0 3 3 1 3 0 0 3
CREATE_DISCIPLE_BUTCHER 1 0 0 3 2 4 3 0 0 3 3 15 3 0 0 3
THROW_ROCK_ON_VILLAGER 1 0 0 3 2 5 3 0 0 3 3 4 3 0 7 3
DROP_ROCK_ON_VILLAGER 1 0 0 3 2 5 3 0 0 3 3 4 3 0 7 3
COLLECT_WOOD 1 0 0 3 2 1 3 0 0 3 3 8 3 0 0 7
COLLECT_ORE 1 0 0 3 2 7 3 0 0 3 3 8 3 0 0 3
PUT_OUT_FIRE 50 0 0 3 5 10 3 0 0 3 4 9 3 0 0 3
THROW_VILLAGER_AT_BUILDING 1 0 0 3 2 4 3 0 0 3 4 14 3 0 0 3
THROW_ROCK_ON_BUILDING 1 0 0 3 2 5 3 0 0 3 4 14 3 0 0 3
THROW_ROCK_ON_CREATURE 1 0 0 3 2 5 3 0 0 3 4 16 3 0 0 3
TIME_BETWEEN_ACTIONS_IN_SECONDS 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10

mmm yea it was going well for some time, we really covered alot of it but some was quite ambitious and I thought it would be just a dream to implement Artifical Intelligence for gods without some sort of hard code. It will still take me a while to finish off the God AI or at least the basic stuff and I feel like I am almost complete. Once I do get a new copy of BnW2 if this is the case, I will probably compile and release some short videos of goodies from the AI like how they are born into the world.

A great test of this completed AI would be a release of a couple skirmish maps too. Btw what do you mean by other site, I have checked all the places I would expect those posts to be and found nothing and as for the BoTG balance files, I assume those numbers would relate to activity, priority and a bunch of other things.

Last thing, no, what you see is what you get I'm afraid and nobody has found any way to mod BoTG to work with the Aztec God or the extras found in the game.

Daxter said:
mmm yea it was going well for some time, we really covered alot of it but some was quite ambitious and I thought it would be just a dream to implement Artifical Intelligence for gods without some sort of hard code. It will still take me a while to finish off the God AI or at least the basic stuff and I feel like I am almost complete. Once I do get a new copy of BnW2 if this is the case, I will probably compile and release some short videos of goodies from the AI like how they are born into the world.

A great test of this completed AI would be a release of a couple skirmish maps too. Btw what do you mean by other site, I have checked all the places I would expect those posts to be and found nothing and as for the BoTG balance files, I assume those numbers would relate to activity, priority and a bunch of other things.

Last thing, no, what you see is what you get I'm afraid and nobody has found any way to mod BoTG to work with the Aztec God or the extras found in the game.

EDIT: 666 posts and 24666 views LOLED

it was ogam.kayssplace, sorry i confunded january whith june or something like that.

well... he attacked people migrating to my town after i put the

THROW_ROCK_ON_MIGRATION 1 1 0 3 2 5 3 0 0 3 4 18 3 0 0 3

he throwed the rock, but i think its just coincidence because it was on the part that he starts throwing rock at my town,  and the people was just stopped out there while it was raining rocks, so...

i think the 18 is his how often he will do the action, because i have observed he does the things with bigger numbers in that column more often than the ones with little numbers

also i added those two actions here:

//EnemyGodAction
DO_NOTHING 0
MOVE 1
MOVE_AND_PICKUP 2
MOVE_AND_DROP 3
MOVE_AND_THROW 4
MOVE_AND_CHARGE_MIRACLE 5
POUR 6
CHARGE_MIRACLE_LAVA 7
DESTROY_PLAYER_HOMETOWN 8

he also tried to destroy my hometown more often, but nothing with the CHARGE_MIRACLE_LAVA

and in the:

TIME_BETWEEN_ACTIONS_IN_SECONDS 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10

i changed the 30's with 10's and it didn't looked so robotic as before with the 1/3 of the delay that he had between his actions. about the enemy creature, he prefered to attack my super extra powerfull lion than the people migrating

sorry for my english, as i sayd before im brazilian

3 years, 45 pages worth, I think it's time to archive the old and start a new thread...

Look out for the updated thread soon.  :)

EDIT: Check it out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back