How did you find Black & White?

ryudo2053

Yeah, this is one of those:
"How did you find our site?

a. Google
b. Friend
c. Advertising"
Kind of questions.

Well, i think i was like 10 or 9 years old, and saw my uncle playing it on his computer and asked him to play it. After that i got addictet and played it for some months. Then i lost the CD and in 2007 i found it.

I noticed it on the selves just after it's release and thought that it looked interesting. But shirked at the price. Some time after a friend gave me a copy thinking that it'll be something which I'd be interested in.

Needless to say, I got hooked on it. :)

I bought it shortly afterwards about the time the Beta patch was released.

The game had been in my family for a while before i took any notice. My sister used to play it and i used to rant about how stupid it was and that i wanted to go on the computer (at that time we had one). After a year or so, i gave it a try and realised it was the best game i had ever played, and still is  :)

Played it when I was first Three, but now I CANT FIND THE DISK GRR!![br][br]Added: [time]1240664574[/time]IM STILL LOOKING GOD DAMNIT

After playing BAW2 Ithought to try my hand at playing the first one.

I got mine from Amazon. :yes

my dad was on amazon looking for the album for michael jacksons "black or white". there was a mess up with the orders and ... well.... the rest is history.

still funny to this day. :D

ROFLMAO.. Now than is funny. I needed a good laugh today.  :laugh2

To me it is. I can just imagine your father's surprise/bewilderment when he received it.  :shocked

Did he ever play it?

I bought it in France, it was 5 years ago when I saw it in the shelves for 10€.
My mom said: "How about this game?"
I: "Hm I don't know, well if you look at the other games they're not good either."
My mom: " Okay than we'll buy this one right?"
I: "Yeah fine, we'll buy it"

So on the same day I installed it on my computer and got hooked up on it.

I played this when I was 7... Finished it at age 10.. I didn't "continue" my game, I used another profile.

Good overall... B&W2 was kinda more addicting since my PC is nice now..

Hmmm...I think I got it as a birthday present or something...I dont really remember. I might've tried some demo online (if there was one) and then wanted the full version... Or My sister just surprised me with this random game for my birthday...I forget XD
Either way I liked it and it became one of my favorite games. :D

Kays said:
To me it is. I can just imagine your father's surprise/bewilderment when he received it.  :shocked

Did he ever play it?

my dad didnt care. he just wanted his CD. and my dad decided it wasnt worth the trouble negociating, so he re ordered. by this time i was on the last land of black and white 1, so i was hooked.

My Dad got the game one year, and I saw him play it. This was when I was WEELLY WITTLE. I asked him about the game, and showed me by starting a new game. I started loving it as much as donuts. Then, when my dad died, I lost it. Got another copy. Moved, lost it. I now have another copy in my hands.

I first played it when a friend had bought it, but his computer was temporarily MIA so he bought it round to my house and we had a shot at it, and I loved it so bought my own copy after hogging his for three months  :sorry

well i actually played black and white 2 first.. so when I tried black and white a few months ago I gues I ddnt realy like it because I like strategy games where you go to war with so many thousands of people! :)

Many years ago when I was still in primary school, I met a boy called Peter. No, his second name was not Molyneux, and no, I did not fall deeply in love with this boy, and no, he wasn't acne-ridden. We became friends, I visited his house (which was kickass huge, by the way, and to this day I remain jealous). And then I saw his brother playing Black & White on his computer. I asked to have a go, he said no, but he let me watch for a while.
I did fall deeply in love with the game.
My dad bought it for me.
My life ceased to be anything but computer games. Forever. The end.

No, seriously, I remember Black & White as being the turning point that made me get obsessed with computers. I spend my whole life on my laptop now. *insert disturbingly happy face here*

My only regret?
When I first started playing, the entire online part was still up and running. And thriving. And being awesome. And in its prime.
I didn't play online because I was only a little kiddiekin, and I sucked at online play in everything (and still do). Back then I wasn't willing to be at all sporting.
Now that I'm older, I'm fine with losing because I've proved to suck at all competitive play in every game ever made but somehow manage to excel in single-player everywhere at the same time. But the original servers are down, and I can't be arsed to work out the player-hosted mumbo jumbo and I'm not sure if they're even still up any more either.

Anyhow, story of my life.

Welcome to Kayssplace Authenti! (i couln't be bothered to go ALL the way to the welcome thread  :D )

I find games are easy to set up now, especially with a program called Hamachi (i don't use Phoenix, i find it too complicated). Its not far from being what it used to be, other than, ofcourse, the popularity. There are a few threads on Kayssplace about Hamachi.

Back