Black & white 2 clan

I would want to join a clan of modders, make my own clan, the Immortals Because We Modded Ourselves To Be Invincible (well, more invincible) (IBWMOTBI)

Invincible... keep dreaming Jackmix, nobody is invincible when JvViLL is in the house! :cool:

Now patch 1.2 is out and MP is not part of it, the Modding tools for the existing levels is all that's left to come.
It look's like no MP so no clans for us.
The annoying thing is B&W2 had MP before the game scripts were done. There is a clear referecece to this in one of the early promotional vidios where P.Mx  states that he beat or was beaten by (the american guy with the beard) I forgot his name.
Perhapse someone remembers the specifics.

Ron Millar maybe. :p

I do know that a similar question came up on the Lionhead boards but I can't remeber what the reply was.

Or if there even was an official reply.

Well, the basic line is that it was never quote-on-quote "promised", but it was "hoped" that they could develop a Multiplayer.

As for the text about when Peter Molyneux played against Ron Millar, that can be explained away as something that was never fully developed and tested to a reliable standard for release and so was disabled I'd reckon.

wow, i thought they said "shortly after" they released 1.2 for those tools and oh look its been a few weeks >.>
Would be a lot easier to copy bnw phoenix a little and pray the coding for bnw2 is similar but thats best left for code monkeys. im gonna have a little look for tunneling software and see if i can find anything for bnw2, it worked for xbox after all and ended up with less lag then the official xbox live servers and its free! there must be at least one piece of software somewhere on the net.

Well the guy behind pheonix has still doesn't know if it'll be possible to make a multiplayer mod for B&W2 and even if it is, it'll be alot harder to get right.

Slasher said:
Would be a lot easier to copy bnw phoenix a little and pray the coding for bnw2 is similar but thats best left for code monkeys.

Slim chance of that working.  Black and White 2 was rebuilt from the ground up so the code qould be quite different :yes .

Easier said than done Slasher, The multiplayer aspect to the original black and white was completely functional until the Gamespy server was shut down. Not disrespecting Deros work at all, but all he had to do was connect players through their lan conncetion.

Bw2 doesnt have muitplayer, and if the code still exists in the game the chances are that its highly disorganised and fragmented.
I wont be holding my breath for someone to get multiplayer working... Unless of course one of the Bw Team decides to lend a helping hand.

Yes  that was it Kays  R M and P Mx were talking about how one beat the other as in "MP"  and it dose make sence to make a MP version of the game before you develop the AI to make a SP version.

Sorry, but since there's no multi-player. It aint gonna happen.  :no

Which is too bad since a lot of people were looking forward to it.

Well Kays, let us at least dream. And maybe, MAYBE, multi-player will be in the expansion and we can play on that.

i hope so too that it is in the expansion because many ppl hope that there will be an multiplayer so :)

Nope.  Sam (The Lionhead Community Pet and genreal announcer for all things B&W) has officially knocked that rumour on the head on the official Black and White forums.

There will be no Multiplayer in the expansion either.

He posted this in a thread depressingly titled "Lost Faith in Lionhead"

Sam said:
Indeed no multiplayer in Battle of the Gods. I'm sorry if you're dissapointed or have lost faith but I'm afraid that's the way it is. No need to create a brand new topic about it! I think LH has been transparant on giving you the information to you as soon as it was available.

Back