About Artifacts

Yes, seeing is believing!  :laugh2
I'm about to play some, so I'm gonna script in some poo!  :laugh2
Was that lump of poo made an artifact by dancing or was it made one in the script?  ???

I wanted to see if this poo artifact is actually working when being placed from your Village into another one. Could you please make a video of it?

Do not waste time  on poo as an artifact  the clue is in  the video title Impossible !!
CREATE_MOBILE_STATIC objects can become artifacts  in  the game.
CREATE_MOBILEOBJECT can not be  artifacts in the game.
What I did is create a double object the poo is real but so is the  artifact inside. This can  only be scripted in as if you move the poo the real artifact a stone statue stays behind.
Also from the video you will notice  the  "Crying Stone" is  a better choice for worship than the statue inside poo. The  stone is a single object  and can  be moved as the  vid.

So, is it like a statue covered in poo?
And is the statue the artifact and the poo is just poo?  ???
And what happens if the poo is moved?
Is the statue under it or in it?
My questions may seem kinda dumb - I'm just trying to get my head around it.  :D

I am making a map with skywriting already.  :D

It would seem that what he is saying is that in the script the object that became an artifact is nested inside the poo like a Russian doll, because at the beginning of a map, until you interact with each object it has no collision or clipping, so it just stays in the air and two things can be in the same place. However, the people will dance around any objects in town. So the poo isn't an artifact, but since it has a smaller artifact inside of it, it looks like the poo has the aura and symbol. If you move either, they cannot be placed in the same location again.

Oh Grem, you are sneaky to trick us like that :shocked !

Okapidragon said:
I am making a map with skywriting already.  :D
Now that I come to think about this, I'm sure it's plenty possible.

I remember the Fort project where a flat map was made with a fort built out of stones, i.e. there were hundreds (if not thousands) of stones making up the actual fort!

The only way it got away with it was that it could suspend the rocks in the wall in the air.  It was nigh impossible to just let the rocks rest on each other.

Heaven forbid if you tried to knock the wall :suspect. It would either cause the game to grind to a halt to handle all the physics or just plain crash!

I tried to find it in the downloads section, but with no luck.  I know there was a "wall" map (a proof-of-concept if you will), but then there followed a map with the actual fort, i.e. all fours walls.

Anyone got the download for that?

I used to be pretty good at scripting, but, after roughly four years, most'a this is all bloody greek to me, though,
even at my absolute best, a rock-fort, or psuedo poo-covered-artifact was an impossibility, as well as not even crossed my mind.  :laugh2

I remember the fort too. Knocking  a rock would set up a chain reaction and  severly strees out  your PC.
Scripting objects in the sky is no problem the  trick is  to be able to  place them in the sky in game.
I remember doing  a Christmas card for  Xmas 04.  I wish I still had that map It was great for making screen shots. The map itself was evolved for the  requests  .... but back to the point the giant Xmas tree swayed  in the breeze  but the tree decorations were scripted  to locations in the sky. Looking  back  it must hav been a bit odd. :laugh2

The map is http://www.bwfiles.com/files/file.php?id=181 "The Castle Project."

My machine handled the first few hundred rocks fine. But then it went, "Blegh." That was my old crappy machine, though. I'll have to try it again.

But, yeah, I temporarily set aside my other projects so I can make a two-player map, since I never do actual skirmishes anymore. So skywriting may be a while.

You mean you actually  found someone to  play MP  and get  a decent game regular enough that you want to do a new map to play  it?

No, I mean I've been using Skirmish mode to do sandbox maps, instead of skirmishes against another god.  :p By two-player, I mean there is me, and computer-controlled Player Two.

Gremxula said:
You mean you actually  found someone to  play MP  and get  a decent game regular enough that you want to do a new map to play  it?

It's not that hard to find people to play with... I play a few times a week and I could play more if I wanted to.

I was saying  decent games.
There are a few novice players around but  I can't play them as ....without bragging my MP creature has several hundred games experience and trained to ************************ well I would  be a fool  to unveil  my tactics.
But I hoe you get my point the last game  was over in less than 10m.  Just about a single click to send my creature to a spot. By the time the kettle had boiled the other player quit.
Not a decent game. The  novice plays  novice game  may be OK but  there is nobody playing that I could get a hard fought game  against. Walk overs give me no pleasure.

Make a new game to level the field.  :suspect Seems logical to me. Then again, I make new games all the time. In all games I play, actually. Apparently it is one exposition of my schizophrenic tendencies. :rolleyes

A new game  but an old player.. Tried that but  winning  tactics will win against raw players even with a novice creature.
I just want an experienced player before I play MP again .
No disrespect but  the best  games are matched novice v novice....etc.
Put  an experienced player against a novice it is no fun for either the winner or loser.

Huh. Never done MP so I couldn't say. But you said it was to do with your creature, so I figured, new file, new creature, levels the playing field a bit.

Anyway, once I finally get BW and Internetz on the same computer, I will be available as an expert player any time I am at my computer and not actively doing something else, which ought to be quite a bit.

A good MP player will grow and train an MP specific creature as it is a whole different method used by most players.
Sitting around building influence is not the way to play, if you only  got an hour to kick ass. :D

Gremxula, I think that i play BW on a competitive level...  I'd be impressed if you could beat some of the people I play with.  Also, I've never seen you in the Hamachi networks I frequent.  I'm sure you could find these experienced, active players you say you want to find very easily.

Many years ago I used to play when Mp  was organised into leagues and clans.  I was never anywhere near the top but an average player. When  Himachi came out  I had a couple of games it just wasn't the same, so it is not  a case have not played it is that I gave up playing against the player standard  that was available.
At the moment I do not even have a creature as I am doing things with B&W1 in skirmish  that it would just get in the way , See the above video, when the current set of things that I am doing is over then, I would love to.
12-14h working days until Sept 03 then, Malta for 2 weeks.  Then I will have enough  time to prepare  a creature  and then play MP.
During the school shut down is a really busy time but profitable  But the need to go home and chill eats up some. :D

Back