~A Hand Request~Anyone Is Welcome To Take A Crack At It~

I dunno why but I feel as though I have to reply to zypher... :laugh2

I learned the expression from my grandparents but it is also used alot where I live. Unfortunately for me, the place I live is Kansas. More specificly, a little hicktown called Moran. Fortunately for me, none of it has rubbed off. No I don't dislike peeps here, it just doesn't suit me.

~I just deleted a ton of stuff I just typed, lmao. I have a feeling that what I would have posted would have gotten me killed.~ :blush

Let's just say that I am the kinda guy that can go out in public and get the "What the f***..." stare from people. Welp, I'll quit talking about pointless things and get on with this thread. :yes

Here are some quick pics of my first turtle skin!

Later peoples. :happytears:

P.S. Got those hands downloaded. Looking good in 3D! :cool: :yourock:

Yay! ^^

I got complimented on the hands by kays, and by you(sarophie)! and.. by.. well.. o_O;; my family too! :p I showed them!

and yaaay! My very first upload to kayssplace!:D

^^ I still like the good hand alot. I can't wait for you(Zypher) to make the drawing, so I have something to referance at when making the evil hand! :D

By the waysies, Zypher, just so you know, your drawing will be used as template (blueprint).

My internet kinda died so those turtle pics couldn't be added. I actually got the message on but forgot the pics. While editing, my internet failed. Bummer....

New Topic!

Well, my new copy of BW1D finally came. I'll finally be able to get rid of that nasty burn off CD. After we get back from my school's award ceremony tonight (God help me...), I'll put all these new skins to the test. Considering it came all the way from Massachusetts to Kansas, a 3 day waiting period is amazing. Took Spore 5 days...lmao well, enough about this. I gotta get back to my school work. Anyone here remember Scientific Notation?

~Sarophie~

I did scientific notation last year... but I forget it now... sorry.

okay, I've got the hand halfway drawn, but I don't have acess to a scanner untill monday... sorry again. :(

:p don't worry, there is no rush! ^^

I am expecting the evil hand to finish quite late aswell myself, as the good and neutral hands were just colour balancing and copy-paste work.

However, the evil hand will require alot more work from myself! :p

Or alot more copy pasting.. as I suck at making things myself! ^^;;

Hello, I am Keenan, better known as Kee715, I just joined and wanted to ask a question. I suppose this is a good place to ask...

@Sylcai: How would one go about importing a hand skin? You may recall my comments on your Hand Skins earlier, I took the good one and recoloured it, but I do not know how to import it into Black & White. I too am using Paint.NET, it is cool.

I am working on the Palm of the Hand, but here is the top:

GoodHandWIP2.png

I was going for a cross between the B&W2 Good Hand and the B&W2 cover art Good Hand.[br][br]Added: [time]1234247346[/time]Never mind, I looked around and found something I can use to make the skin, I will be working on the Hand now.

Save as 32 uncompressed (Auto seems to fail),

then use this http://www.bwfiles.com/files/index.php?action=file&id=212

Then place it in %\Data\CreatureMesh

where % is the install directory of Black and white, default this is

C:\Program Files\Lionhead Studios Ltd\Black and White

:) Nice hand by the way

Well thanks! I gained some progress in the Hand texture, here look:

The texture as of now:
GoodHand2.png

A spruced-up version:
GoodHand1.png

Not done but I think it ought to look okay in-game.

Done:

The Hand in viewer:
GoodHandinviewer.png

The Palm in viewer:
GoodPalminviewer.png

The Hand in-Game:
GoodHandin-game.png

Good luck with that Evil Hand y'all.

Aslong as you are happy, and satisfied with the hand you made :)

And.. I havn't heard anything about the evil hand.. so I will just have to asume it will take an other few months or more to make it.

Evil is just not one of the things that come natural to me, so, I will have to have a preview, or template ^^

non't dobut me!

probably more like afew days... I am occupied at the moment drawing something for daxter...

Nice to see you guys are still having fun with this. That was a very cool hand you put up Kee715. I may have to try something like that later.

I kinda got bored with my old turtle skins. I a working on an Aerosmith themed hand for a bit of fun. I think it will look really good when I am done. Welp, I gotta get back to my downloads. High def files on a slow internet connection is a drag.

I is back to revived thread this here!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Yah, I am waking this damned old think up. I can't help but beg for zypher to post that evil hand pic, even if it isn't finished. He made it sound so good. I also need to make some skins. My hard drive through a fit and deleted all my B&W editing files. God, I need a new computer. :no

Kays: I can't remember if you posted a link for that skelly hand of yours or not, but if you didn't, can you please? I wanna see what it looks like in Paint and see if I can add my own touches to it if it's ok with you. :laugh2

zypher: Picture! It's ok if you don't have it now, lolz. I just like bugging people who draw better than me. :woot

If anyone feels this topic should stay buried, just pipe up and I will post a TOPIC CLOSED notice. Later peoples! Thanks again!

It might take me a while to find it. If I even have it still.

Lolz, it's ok Kays. I really should stop taking such large vacations from Kayssplace. I seem to do that with a lot of websites. It's like I get all hyped up for a site and then my hype dies down. After a while something will relight my flame and I will ounce more be driven towards a particular thing, in this case B&W. I have spent the majority of my time modifying my PSP. I really want to modify it enough so that it will have the power to run B&W1 on it but I don' think I will be able to cram a processor powerful enough into the PSP without enlarging it not to mention the load of other parts I would have to modify and install. For now I will stick to software modifications, lolz.

I will do my best to check back in here as much as possible. This site seems to be waning with the entire B&W series.... B&W made a monumental impact, people loved it for awhile, and then gave it up...

I'd do this for you next weekend, if I was any good at skinning. The best I've done ever is using MilkShape to make the evil hand skinnier and have longer, curved claws (model was lost when my old computer crashed). That is also assuming that it is technically possible; From what some people were saying, this is a pretty ludicrously difficult thing to do. I am the sort of person that won't stop working at something (including to sleep, so, for those of you that know about the p4x riddle, that thing seriously nearly killed me with sleep deprivation after pulling serial all-nighters, two nights in a row and sleeping for about four hours then repeating this pattern. The longest I got was fifty-seven hours, by which time I wasn't actually making much progress on the riddle, but was under the firm impression I was hovering about a meter off of the ground) until it is done or confirmed as impossible. Sorry about the parentheses, we are doing our best to stop that habit. Anyway, this includes overcoming obstacles like learning to program a basic AI in C++ in two days without any actual experience in the language besides a "Hello World!" I wrote when I was six years old.

On a different note, though I hate to admit that the game is, indeed, dying and losing popularity, it had a good eight years or so, four or five of which were spent with many people toting it as easily the best game ever made. And there are those of us that still love it, and might just one day pull it through to "classic" territory.

o_O It's almost a blast from the past!

I'll admit though, my creative skills are mostly, copy paste, and steal one texture, to graft on an other.

I can't create an evil hand, without pre-work ^^ I can only improve upon existing work.

Back