Zulu Mod

mcfrosty3000

Can anyone out there create a zulu mod with the villagers soldiers, and a couple of buildings. It would be so awesome. You can use some of the aztec buildings that look like huts and skin them up. Maybe a map to go with the mod too.

Hmm. It wouldn't really be a complete mod, as they only had one building, the hut. It looked like this http://www2.hiren.info/desktopwallpapers/thumb/zulu-huts_south-africa.jpg
I'd prefer to make a mod of a race that had a wider range of buildings :)
You could try contacting anglosaxon, he might be up for it.

yeah, id attempt it. it seems pretty simple - i mean, not to be racist, but all i you have to do is paint the skin of a few Aztecs brown and give them spears and Aztec shields (re-skinned, obviously.)
but it would be difficult with buildings. as skelape said, all they had were tents and huts. the American Indians were pretty much the same.

:sorry, but its more difficult than it seems. i just cant get the skin colour right. at least not with the software i have.

i could try and do a spaniard mod, but the soldiers wouldnt look like these conquistadors:

conquistadors.jpg

the closest to the real spanish armies i would be able to produce is to make some generic looking knights (no plate armour. just chain mail) and put a tunic with the spanish flag on their armour. the problem is that there arent enough models or skins that we can use - all we modders can do is to edit the textures.

dont worry, ill bring something out.

i saw your knights and crusaders mod, and it looks awesome :alert When will that be available?

Ah i'm not sure if i'll finish it, im very busy this holiday, and something like the doom coliseum will be ok to do, but the campaign is planned to have speech, cameos and boats. Also, its designed to be mainly platoony, which will be difficult, since platoons are annoying to script for. Also, i'm not sure if its worth it, weeks, even months of work for what, 5 DLs a day?  :(

skelapes got a point. scripting is VERY difficult to do, and skinning (properly) is annoying and needs alot of trial and error. so be patient.

I would try it (skinning), but i can download photoshop. It seems pretty fun once you get to know how to do it.

Everyone says that PhotoShop is the only way. I find Paint.NET is much more effective AND it's free :O Yeah i like skinning, but the best thing is when you write a script and then go into the game and it runs like clockwork (which happens very rarely).

Back