Worst Glitch Ever

Dr. Sazar

So I'm on land three, I had just defeated lethys and the portal appears. I try to go through, but as soon I see the "saving..." it freezes.

So I tried restarted the computer, cleaned the disc, started from an earlier save point, but nothing works.  :angry

I REALLY do not want to re-install the game! But if I need to, could someone tell me if it's possible to copy some files and paste them in the new, re-installed directory, and continue playing? ???

It sounds like you've tried most of the common remedies. Re-installing the game is usually the next step

This utility will backup all essential folders and registery keys so you can restore your game.

http://www.bwfiles.com/files/file.php?id=197

:( No good. I was really hoping that would work.

I'm completely stumped, any suggestions?

What happens? ???

Which operating system are you using?

I'm using windows XP

Well whenever I go through the portal it crashes, same thing happens when I save.
I tried loading a save point but that makes it crash too, it just freezes and does nothing forever.

I took lethys' tebetan village before the egyptian one and the pillar did not move. So then I did take the egyptian village and he begs me to leave him with his last village ( as the camera zooms in on the empty tebetan village). This is when the portal appears and I cannot go through it...Maybe that messed it up?

Back