Worldmod "corrupt install"

iRFNA

I've gotten the dreaded "corrupt install" error on worldmod, and I'm not sure what it needs.  I've installed BW express, and while everyone says that should work, it isn't.  Anyone else had this problem or know a solution?

Edit: I've tried installing the VB6 runtime files, but that isn't needed..  I'll continue checking this out in my hex editor to see if any other files are referenced.

Supposedly the Worldmod 0.5 installer will fix the problem, but I can't find it anywhere..

After thinking about this a bit, it has to be some stupid registry setting.  Can anyone with worldmod installed and working open regedit (start -> run -> "regedit" then hit enter) and check under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software or HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software for a worldmod "folder"?  If there is one, the reg key that is likely needed is the one pointing to the dir.. If you just give the name of that key, and any others that look important, then we should be set.  A .reg file would be quite excellent as well.

hahahaha, I figured it out.. This is just hilarious
After using process monitor to go through eeeevery single reg/file operation that damn editor does, I noticed that it tried to access "readme.txt" and it failed.  Intrigued, I renamed the given "readme1.txt" to "readme.txt", and NOW IT WORKS!  lol

Back