Why can't my temple have nice things!?

Jillas

When decorating my worship site, I go about it by throwing in some nice trees and even artifacts to create a pleasant area for my villagers to channel their devotion into my supreme near-omnipotent powers. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to last long, as for some reason the other gods, while in skirmish mode, seem to be able to reach all the way into my realm and snatch up trees - far from their influence range. Unfortunately, the first trees they go for are the ones decorating my temple.

Now as amusing as it is to watch them zoom in, snatch up a tree, and dash out with their prize like some sort of all-seeing, all-powerful vagabond, I can't help but feel somewhat annoyed. Those are my trees; I dug them up and aesthetically placed them, and they're in my territory. Spiritual and Physical barriers do nothing to stop the thefts.  How are the enemy gods able to reach into my territory, half a map away from theirs, to steal my trees specifically, and only from my temple, while bypassing all barriers I erect to stop them?

In any case, is there a way to stop this? Nothing in-game seems to work; they seem to have free-reign to snatch stuff from my territory. This happens within my outlying villages as well, even in areas where their influence is far from present. Why can't they just light my buildings on fire instead? T-T

Is this a skirmish with the AI, or against a human? (I don't know what happened to the plan of bringing the game back Online, if it went up or not...)

I'm guessing it's against the AI, and in that case, there is little you can do. The AI cheats and can reach into your villages. But it's not like you can't do the same with help from the pause button. Perhaps each time you see him steal a tree, you could steal one back. :devil

Really, though, the AI sucks. It has to cheat. Otherwise it wouldn't be a threat. Of course, this just means its like a giant sentient marshmallow instead of a regular-sized one... >_>

Indeed, the way the opponants in BW are immune to the normal parameters that the player must face is a royal cop-out. I too hate this issue with the opponant being able to reach my temple no matter how far away it is. For some reason the temple seems to always be within the opponants' influence when it comes to picking objects up, while the nearest village is not, even though it is closer to the opponant, and it drives me batty  :angry

Better yet, light the rocks on fire and throw them at your opponent. Perhaps with a tornado.  :cool:

Sier said:
Better yet, light the rocks on fire and throw them at your opponent. Perhaps with a tornado.  :cool:

I've actually tried that one before, the rain normally puts out the fire but the Tornado still does a lot of damage, and sometimes the rocks do damage too.

The fire won't go out if it's "hot enough"

If you keep a bunch of small rocks close to each other while on fire, they will eventually turn white and the flame can not be extinguished.

Have you tried casting a sheild around a tree? if you make them small enough, they almost last the whole game.

This reminds me, if you see the god going to pick something up and you snatch it before he does, he waits and looks at the object forever until you drop it. I left that on and his villages starved! :laugh:

Sier said:
The fire won't go out if it's "hot enough"

If you keep a bunch of small rocks close to each other while on fire, they will eventually turn white and the flame can not be extinguished.

Hey good idea, hail of fire!

yes, ive noticed that the skirmish mode gods are a bit stupid. they burn their own trees and throw rocks at pigs.
white hot rocks? i didnt actually think about that until now, and believe it or not peter molyneux "promised" to incorporate white hot rocks in the sequel.

anglosaxon said:
yes, ive noticed that the skirmish mode gods are a bit stupid. they burn their own trees and throw rocks at pigs.
white hot rocks? i didnt actually think about that until now, and believe it or not peter molyneux "promised" to incorporate white hot rocks in the sequel.

Peter Molyneux promises a lot of things, too bad he doesn't level with us and tell us the truth before he start's counting our money.

Back