Where do ya buy it?

havoc

Elder
So.. I'd just like to start off by saying, one of the biggest hits to BWs popularity seems to be a lack of places to purchase the bloody thing.
Seen plenty of people asking "Where do i buy it?" - "Where is it?" - "How do i get it?"
Well, I googled it and saw it on pretty much only Amazon for like 80$... as if it were an antique or something.

'Till i looked around a little harder and sourced out Feral Interactive.

For those of you that dont want to financially slit your wrists for a slowly-nearing 10-year-old game, or be a bloody cyber-douche, and torrent the thing...

give this a go:

http://www.feralinteractive.com/?section=buy&game=blackwhite

They have BW, CI, and the Platinum pack for both.

(I recommend the platinum pack - better value)

Some might say im advertising, im not, and i've nothing to gain personally from this.

Just out to let people know theres still a place to get it at a reasonable price.

'Tis unfortunate that once his potentially greatest brainchild came of age, not only did Peter kick it out of the house, but he never calls.

- Havoc

:laugh2 80$? Like, USD? I've gotta buy the game from Feral and then sell it on Amazon!

yes, 80$ USD, roughly .. 50 pounds or so? bloody absurd, and, lmao, i doubt they even sell from amazon.

Yeah, probably not. But if that's all there is and someone's looking for the game... 30 on ebay might work, eh?

I discovered the same thing when I was looking for a Mac version last year. I got the Platinum Pack for OS X for like, 24 bucks. I still have my original PC copy though, along with CI. I know what to sell (like it would) if I need some cash :p

I got mine used on Amazon for 11$ USD... I waited, and waited, and when a cheap one came up, I snatched the chance to buy it.  Umm, yay?

Oh, GallopRider, you Communist. The deal is, we put overpriced stuff on Amazon, and you buy it, thus lining our pockets with much-needed cash while making your wallet/bank account conveniently lighter.  :laugh2

Pffhahaha, did i ever tell you that i love you guys?

havoc said:
Pffhahaha, did i ever tell you that i love you guys?

Okay, should I be scared now?  :suspect

@Okapi: Since we live in the same country, doesn't that make you a Commie too? :D

Er, no. It makes me an Independent Capitalist. If I were a Commie, I'd say that either we could sustain an even balance of wallet-weight or we could all give me your non-essential money so it doesn't weight me now. As a Capitalist, I demand, since I have something you want, that you pay out the bum for it. Were we both Commies, it would be taken from me and I would be given a portion or all of the simple value to keep myself alive. Communism is a great way of running a machine, but a terrible way of running people, which is why it always fails (and why Vladimir Putin is such a wonderful thing).

The downside is, if I want to make many deals like this, to do it efficiently I need to declare a profession doing it, so I also have to pay Capitalist government taxes, which is kind of like Communism, only they don't take so much and instead of redistributing it in ways that make sense, they spend it on terrible modern art, private jets and research into the military application of voodoo (I can't make this sugar up, there was a $1.5 billion USD research into whether writing "X" or "XXX" in black marker on a man's chest, a practice known as "jinxing," would cause him to have bad luck or grow ill. For military purposes). Better, though if I have no money this system actually gives me a little bit and if I am almost without money it doesn't tax me (at least on income), the richer I make myself through hard work, cleverness or luck, the less percentage of my money they tax. You might think this means that my money gradually slips away quicker and quicker (though the actual amount paid still decreases year-by-year), but the beautiful thing is, the more money you have, the less you even have to work to make more; It's a bit like a spaceship launch. It takes massive energy to get off the ground, and even then it is slow, but there is a point where you pretty much just have to steer because gravity and friction get weak and your momentum is high. If you're rich, you can buy, say, a train and make money off of it. Or, if you are Bill Gates rich, you can put money in the bank and make more in interest than you pay in taxes. It works out, and it adds up.

But in Communism, every man is guaranteed exactly how much they need; Much more than that, however, becomes an impossibility.

Kapish?

Umm, okay!  I'll lend you my Commemorative 1984 edition of "1984", if it'll further your cause [of selling Girl Scout Cookies, I think it is...].  :laugh2  :rolleyes :suspect

Talking girl scouts into selling them to me for half the price and selling them for a huge markup to starving third-world countries that happen to own valuable resources I can then sell to Amerika for a massive profit? Da.

It was just yesterday I found it in GAME Store. Wait... 80$?!  :laugh2 I saw it in GAME Store for about 15 pounds...  ???

I bought it when it was new in 2001. I was hyped about it and it remains my favorite game.

I remember a beautiful period when it could usually be found for five USD on ebay. :(

is there a diffrent between Platinum and Normal ?

It is one DVD or two CDs ?

Okapidragon said:
I remember a beautiful period when it could usually be found for five USD on ebay. :(

True that, as games get older they should get cheaper, i dont think anything outside the realm of NES cartriges and old arcade machines should be treated as bloody antique.

As for the one i saw for 84$ it was JUST on amazon, also for 65$ new.. but 13$ used, now, that really makes me question the condition of the used ones, but still, no consistency there, though, after another amazon check, some cheaper ones are popping up.

Funniest thing being that even some of the cheapest ones are selling for higher prices than BW2 (15$) or BOTG (8$)  lol

Actually, I recently read a blog post that sums up the problem pretty well (though the point was that companies use monthly subscriptions on games because they can't make money off of used games, which tend to get cheaper while games are still in production). The problem is that the quality of a game doesn't decrease over time; A disc either works or it doesn't, and there is no decrease in quality over time, so the actual value of the game stays the same; But since people see "used" and won't buy it unless it is cheaper, while there are still new games on the shelves used games have to be underpriced to sell at all (which is why game companies take a hit from used games; People buy what is the same exact product for cheaper). But when a game is discontinued, there is a period when the supply and demand are the same as when the game was being produced, and every game you can get is slightly cheaper than the official price, but then supply drops as discs get broken and copies are bought up, and all that is left goes up in price more and more as the game doesn't become an antique, but a limited edition item.

Back