When Nemesis is Gone

thepinkkitty

What happens? Because I finished the game for the first time (I normally just mess about on maps with my creature) and I defeated Nemesis and the whole cutscene happened and apparantly I had the creed but I was confused at how you could access and use the creed? And when Nemesis is gone is that just it? Is there no way you can get off land 5 and go back to other lands that you've been on? I used a lot of cheats throughout all the lands. Well, not a lot, I just had the miracle dispensers from CachePack. Does that have any affect?

Sorry if I seem stupid, but I was just confused.

Hey, it's been a while. :)

I think the olny option is to start the game over again with your creature.

[shameless self-promotion]I have been making new ones, though I'm on temporary hiatus.[/shameless self-promotion]

But, I have to say that playing back through the entire game with a fully-trained creature is worth doing once.

I Have played through B&W many times  with several diffferent creatures.
Best advice I can give is to exit L5 start again and play mostly skirmish maps or better still make some for yourself you can do all sorts of stuff that only you  would  like.
Mapping can be as simple or complex as you like, a quick example changing just part of one line in the "one god" skirmish map to give influence over the entire land at the start changes it into a good creature training map or  you can just fry the enemy by megablasting the temple from the start.

Believe it or not, I have never fully completed Black and White. I came close, but my computer got a pretty advanced virus, so I had to wipe all memory and start over.  :no It has been a couple of months, but I'm getting back into it again. I agree, skirmish maps are awesome.  :cheers

did you go with your creature to the volcano? it was supposed to jump in it.

I've never went through Land 5, all I really did was played Skirmish maps. But still, Skirmish maps is really awesome.

well probably they are cool, but i can't play them because my creature dies all the time. The freaking turtle won't eat anything i give him!

Can't you just click on something with the leash of learning, then rub his belly to get him to eat it?

Worked 99% if the time for me :;): .

Actually, you have to do it without the leash of learning, or it tells him he's good for being curious and he drops the food. Using the leash of aggression will sometimes better, but it is best to rub his tummy with no leash attached.

Also, I'm not sure what it is, but something in my recent style of play has been causing me to continually win on the first try on the final battle, even with a creature I just got at the beginning of the run. The last one was a leopard on speedrun (yes, I know I abuse the incredibleness of the leopard :laugh2 ) and I didn't even have to heal. I just guided him to guard for most of the time and strike the moment a weakness presented itself; I didn't have it use any miracles, as I'd taught it none except water on accident in Land 4, this being a speedrun, and I didn't use special attacks until the very end when Nemesis had used up his heals, and I still had half-health (come to think of it, it was about 80% fat because I had never taught it to pace its eating, either; Not sure about strength, but I imagine it was low), and then I just spammed the pentagram until Nemesis's creature was defeated.

So, maybe try a similar setup. :) My typical casual "speedrun" (contradiction of terms, I know) lasts about four hours, so these are brand-new creatures that have been doing this. The next time I pla through, Imma try to use the gorilla, so I will see if the strategy works with other creatures.

I did not even think about a speedrun in B&W. Why is it good, and how old is your creature at the end :D Just wondering

i tried but the turtle will just drop it. I managed to teach it how to fish and it now only eats fish which is pretty annoying. The tortoise would be in the middle of impressing someone and then turn around, wave at me and run to the water to eat something.

What is speedrun anyway?

I'm not sure how old the creature was, but though I think I have at least one file where I did a speedrun and then didn't touch the file again, I am currently not only on my laptop right now but I'm not even going to be at home until Tuesday or Wednesday, so I'll check then.

daves, a speedrun is where you try to finish the game as quickly as you possibly can. This means, for example, in games where you go backward a bit as a penalty any time you "die," not dying once, and it means doing it all at once so you can time yourself, without saving and taking breaks. It is pretty much what you do with a game when there is little else that you feel you can get out of leisurely playing it and trying to explore every detail, and it took folks playing Ocarina of Time an unusually long time to start doing frequently because so many people wanted to look for the
  ▲
▲▲, and it took B&W players so long (in fact, every time I mention it I receive confirmation that I am pretty much the only one) because it is such a deep game and started to lose popularity before it started to run out of gameplay to offer to any but the most obsessive players (in one year, factouring out leaving it on overnight, I probably played B&W alone at least 500 hours, maybe more).

Also, as I said, did you try doing it without the leash? Because he drops it with the leash every time for me. :rolleyes

I think I've only played to the very end once... many years ago. I usually play through the story to Land 3, I can't even remember the last time I was on Land 5. Most of the time I play Skirmish or one of many of the awesome user maps I've gotten from here *huggles Minas*

A speed run would be interesting, though. I would think it would change pretty dramatically from game to game just because of how different things can be. Like in Land 3 especially, I find that Lethys behavior is bi-polar. Sometimes he acts normal, but I've seen him attack him own villages too. I think I read somewhere that the longer you're on Island 3, the weirder he becomes. I played so long one time that he actually let his greek village die out. Then he started setting all the piles of food he made on fire...

Well, waiting that long wouldn't be a speedrun, would it?  :p

But for land 3 there is a quicker way, which I have already stated before and which is in our walkthrough section, involving exploitation of an easter egg put in the game in a way that I don't think it was intended to be exploited.

Speeding the game  can work really well.... My personal  target  is 5h start to finish. I usually  end up  with about 6 but I have  seen it done in  4.30 ish at a LAN party.

These things sounds awesome. You can finish the game in 5 or 6 hours? That is just incredible! Yeah, I myself really get slowed down at land 3, and that make things harder to flow. But I will give it a try agin, maybe I can work out something.

Okapidragon said:
But for land 3 there is a quicker way, which I have already stated before and which is in our walkthrough section, involving exploitation of an easter egg put in the game in a way that I don't think it was intended to be exploited.

Is that the sacrificing the invincible guy at the temple, and then working backwards to convert the villages? Yeah... I can't do that on my version. It won't let me drop him on the alter, I've tried many times. I've got the re-release Platinum Edition for Mac OSX - maybe it's different?

Back