What are Tomes ??

Kays

Elder
In the last item in the tribute menu there's what looks like a bunch of books  which are refered to as tomes.

Does anyone know what they are or what use they have. if any. ???

They are simply books just like they appear to be.  You can buy them and read up on things that have happened or are happening in the world.  Its just a little extra plot information that you can read if you want to.

There are a few interesting ones in there that explain off a few things, like why we don't have boats or what happened to the missionaries (you'll be surprised).  They're about the cheapest things in there too :yes .

Thanks, that's what I sotrta thought they were.

Now how do you read them. I did buy one of them but coulcn't find it. ???

If memory serves, you can read them in the Statistics section in the menu bar.  Methinks this idea was somewhat rushed though to help compensate for the lack of some features as well as that epic storyline we were promised.  It's so bleddy hard to find initially, you can tell this was one of the last few things added :( .

Ya, all you have to do is hold you hand over it and it will form in a bubble.

So if spaming, but does anyone want to make me a sig??

fenton_pat said:
If memory serves, you can read them in the Statistics section in the menu bar.  Methinks this idea was somewhat rushed though to help compensate for the lack of some features as well as that epic storyline we were promised.  It's so bleddy hard to find initially, you can tell this was one of the last few things added :( .

True.  I believe you need the University Civic before you can even access the the Tomes.  These are part of the F7 statistics menu, and can be read from there.  Aside from the Eden Lore that they provide, they may not have another purpose, though they may also lend bonuses to the University as a Productivity-increasing structure.

Thanks all, finally got a chance to find them. Not much reading there for a book, but they do explain a few things. :)

Btw, you don't need a University to view them, but they might add a bonus if you had one.

Back