Wanting to start again

KillerPenguin

Elder
Eh why not, i gotten bitten by the BnW bug and really want to play it now, I want to play as a Ogre but darn glitch can't let you play with him, so I come to my fellow gods for advice..
What creature should I use

Oh and is it compatible with windows 7?

Creature choice is really a matter of your own preferences, e.g. do you want an Evil fighting machine or a Good creature capable of minding your villages.  There's also loads of other stuff in between.

I'm sure there's a decent creature guide lying around here somewhere letting you know the strengths/weaknesses of the creatures to help you decide.  I took a quick scan through the FAQs but with no joy.  Anyone know where that has disappeared to?

As for Windows 7, some people do have issues getting the game working on that, but I believe it can be done.  Haven't had the pleasure myself of needing to get it to work on that OS, so I'm not a good authority to show you how.  I'm sure the others here can help better in that department.

If it was up to me I would choose the wolf or the tiger, but I just want something different thats why im asking :p

Im about to install BnW on my laptop i'll probably not install in program files because in Oblivion the only way to run it in 7 is to install somewhere else so maybe that will work with BnW.

Glad to be back :D

It works on Windows 7, but you have to install the game to the public folder located at C:\Users\Public or else saves will not work.

I put mine in C:\Users\Public\Games\Black & White

As for your creature, I always start off with the Ape because it learns things the fastest. I teach it the miracles I want it to know then i use the 3rd party app to change my creature to something else. I usually go for the Horse cause he runs fast ans is naturally more inclined to be nice, like the Cow. If I feel like I want something a bit stronger I'll go with the Lion as it's a pretty good balance for all attributes. Something else well rounded is the Brown/Polar Bear.

The Ogre, while kinda cool, is really, really stupid. It will take ages to teach it anything, even longer than the Leopard which takes a while as it is.

I only have a creature answear here at the time...

As Fenton_pat said, Its about what you prefer and is like, If you are a good god or a evil god.

Good God: If your going to the good side, I suggest the Horse creature or the Chimp. The chimp learns fast and are very very nice being. A great Choice as intelligence creature!
Then the Horse, The horse creature is very high balanced. fast, Pretty strong and learns miracles at avarage speed!

Evil God: If your going to the evil side, I suggest the Lion. A very Aggressive Creature , Learns average good and very good in fighting.

I'm a big fan of the Sheep.

He's really smart and pretty decent in combat, plus his mostly evil form is really freakin' cool looking.

Just for the record, even if you can use the ogre, I honestly suggest you don't! Being the evil person that I am I tried using the ogre and it messed up bigtime. You cannot stroke/slap your Ogre. Therefore not being able to teach it anything. I would suggest using the ape:
Reasons:
  • Fastest learning creature
  • Can be extremely fierce
  • Cute when stroking
  • Funny dancer

Or if you prefer it just to be a master of destruction, you could pick the Tiger!

So far I have found the Ape picks up on everything. However it picks up on bad habits very quick. -.- like casting a fireball at your temple. I like creatures that learn slower because it's also harder for them to pick up bad habits. That's my 2 cents  :)

Back