Tutorial - How to switch your current "creaturemind"

emanuelen2

First of you will need a new creature, I recommend a new savefile as well.

After you got the first step up and goin' you will need a "Creaturemind" in your Creaturemind folder,

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Lionhead Studios Ltd\Black & White\Scripts\CreatureMind"

If you don't have one that you wanna use then get one and place it in that folder. Now when you have all that you will go into,

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Lionhead Studios Ltd\Black & White\Scripts\Playgrounds"

and open up the "TwoGods" text file and add these lines anywhere between ---TOWN: 0---  and  ---TOWN: 1---.

rem MyNewCreature
CREATE_CREATURE_FROM_FILE("PLAYER_ONE", ***, "NAMEOFTHECREATUREFILE", "2942.91,2607.57")

Replace the *** with a number between 1-16, this number will be the creature type etc the number 0 will be a monkey and 1 will be a cow and 2 will be a tiger, if you look in the FAQ you can find a list of all of them, credits to them. Obviously you will also need to replace this "NAMEOFTHECREATUREFILE" with the name of the file and it needs to be exact I believe.

That is all you need to do, now you start the game and let it all load before you start the 1v1 skirmish map and if it worked a voice will say in the beginning "Your creature is now mature" and if you check in the enemy base he should be standing there as the spawnpoint I wrote in that line was the same as the enemy creature. If the above worked out fine just leave the skirmish game and WOLLA the you've changed your creaturemind with another. He will not copy the size of your previous creature if I'm correct however you can try and add this line under the others when you edited the text file,

SET_COMPUTER_PLAYER_CREATURE_LIKE("PLAYER_ONE", "PLAYER_ONE")

or

SET_PLAYER_CREATURE_LIKE("PLAYER_ONE", "PLAYER_ONE")

I have not tested these two lines but they might work if you're lucky, if it would work like I'm thinking this should make your new creature the same size as before you joined the skirmish map. Or you just use a tool called kong which can be found on this forum to change the most things about your creature.

Thank you for reading this and I hope it helped ya if you had questions.

Why would you want to do this?

Game provided minds are just bots.
Downloaded minds are just more bots, or trained by a player for his/her needs.  You can't just go to a pet store and buy  what you need. Your creature is or can be 95% of how you win  in a particular situation SP/MP.

There is no  substitute for a creature you train yourself to play in your  way.
Creature and player are a team.

Gremxula said:

[...]

I'm just guessing, but that could actually be helpful for training tests or simply for fast variety with your own creature, not another player-made creature or anything... let me explain:

For example, you train a new creature to a certain point, so that its basic way of life is suiting your needs, but you willingly omit to teach specific things, like to be nice with a certain type of village or doing forestry or whatever. Then you create a mind of your creature at this specific point in its life (I don't have the required knowledge to know if the file made by the game in the CreatureMind folder is enough because of the "physique" file linked to the same file... but you know what I mean anyway). Then you teach what you want to teach specifically to your creature, and say you now want a creature that will be more destructive and burns forests for fun (no idea why you'd want that but sky's the limit with this AI): you create another profile and switch the minds for the one you just made using that method and train it differently to achieve your goals.

Another example would be if you simply want different creatures (a wolf, a cow, a sheep and a turtle for example) with the exact same mind and without going through the process of doing the exact same training over and over again. You train one creature to achieve your specific desires for a creature, make a mind of it, create different profiles and switch minds for the one you made using this method, only changing the number indicating which creature type it is for every profile or switching for the desired creatures in single player mode.

Other than that, I guess simple curiosity is a good enough reason for somebody to do this, although I admit nothing is as efficient as training a creature yourself for your needs, everyone plays differently after all.

Gremxula said:

Game provided minds are just bots.
Downloaded minds are just more bots, or trained by a player for his/her needs.  You can't just go to a pet store and buy  what you need. Your creature is or can be 95% of how you win  in a particular situation SP/MP.

Creature and player are a team.

I've used this because that way I can get him to know all the miracles at the beginning and then teach him when to use them etc, instead of learning him the BEAM_PU2 for an eternity I saw this helpful.

I can appreciate you thinking that teaching all spells is a good idea. But in reality your creature will only regularly use his top few spells, I personally  prefer...........

All Creatures Water and Heal plus non miracle skill fishing. (Makes a creature self sustaining upto a point.)

For Good just add flying flock and entertain skill.

For  Evil add fireball or lightning and aggression towards villagers.

For Super aggressive for Skirmish maps or MP  a hatred for enemy temples and fireball is all you need.

Manna (Prayer Power) ...With the higher powered Miracles comes a greatly increased manna cost.

Player manna is quite easy understood as the game  tells you when you don't have enough to cast a particular miracle.

Creature Manna is much harder to gauge as it  calculated dynamically in game from various  factors Size, Fatness, Health etc..
A fully grown 100% for ...fat, health..0%tired,thirst will be able to generate/store much more than a weaker creature.

A Basic fireball costs 3500 manna  and can be cast almost all day long.
Flying Flock costs 120,000 and can only be cast every 5-10m buy the best creatures.
Megablast (BEAM) there a few creatures that can cast this miracle but they always collapse and respawn at the temple and need 10-30m or so to recover. 160,000 manna cost.

While I have no hard and fast numbers there is a limit to the amount of manna a creature can generate /store  generally seems to be about 200-300,000 for a maxed out creature much less if tired or sick. About half of what you need for your creature to be able cast BEAM_PU2 even if he learned it.

He knows BEAM_PU2 and he can use it for about 2-3 times before he is to tired and he passes out if I don't let him rest for about 30 seconds, I have no idea of this mana thing I've always thought it was his tiredness it went on because I've never been able to not cast a spell when the creature isn't under 85 % tiredness.

Tiredness is part of the whole equation bigger creatures can cast bigger spells. The game mechanic used is the same for both player and creature. On rereading my post I did mis out one word it should have said "200-300,000 sustainable" , your post above seems to agree that your creature dies after 2 -3 casts.

In gameplay the very last thing you want is for your creature to do is die(pass out) on you  as he is  the only thing that can do any remote actions. There is a big difference between what you can get a creature to do and what is the best way to win a game.

Heres how a MP game might work out you are player A , I will be B

A....attacks going "straight for the throat" the enemy Temple...and gets in 2MB before creature dies. Lots of damage.
B....has sent his creature  also for the enemy temple but with basic  water and heal he can fireball the temple for minimal damage. Yet resist the damage cast upon him.
A....Creature re-spawns in  a low state of health.
B...Creature fight if needed but just throw trees or small rocks  into the temple creature pen and keep it burning.
A....F*** This S*** you must be cheating.

The big problem with B&W is you  tend to focus on one part of the game and ignore the other aspects.

Huh. I was too young when this game was active to really play online and be good at it, and now obviously the online community has dwindled. So reading about these strategies for playing online and how to train a Creature specifically for online is pretty interesting for me.

I usually just kind of train my creature as I go when I play singleplayer. It's obviously a very different game online against non-AI opponents!

Well he doesn't litterly die, when he reaches 85% tiredness he can't cast miracles anymore until he is below that so I just let him sit or sleep at his position for a little bit as I said before :)

emanuelen2 is right, the percentage of hunger and tiredness a creature has in spare is its mana, and when there's not enough, it can't cast. Miracles that costs more mana will just eat more on either its hunger and/or tiredness, and the bigger it gets the least it has to sacrifice hunger and tiredness for any miracle. If you teach your creature to sleep like a lazy boy where it stands and feed on whatever it can, you can pretty much make it spam megablast in an enemy's village or temple very effectively. In my opinion though, if you start an online game by doing that, you sort of remove the core fun of this game, at least for me, but who am I to judge? You can play anyway you want, there's no such things as less effective ways (except if you're not skilled enough to face certain situations, but you can approach any situation the way you like once you master your way of playing), and THAT'S the magic of this game.

Though I have my own way of dealing with a "straight to the throat" opponent, I'll keep it for myself. I just don't want to be told how to play, and I certainly don't want to read that the way I play is useless and ineffective...  :yes

I do not mean to offend but after  several 100 MP games I have learned  that there are  many useful  but more useless  tactics.

Back on topic...WHY the SP game is what you make it.
MP is the same.
So swapping creature minds  is just cheating yourself.

So swapping creature minds  is just cheating yourself.

Well... exactly. This is pretty much a tutorial about a cheat, it's kind of obvious, and I don't see a reason why it would be a bad thing... I mean this website hosts Kong and Cache's cheats... need more evidence that saying how useless it can be won't lead anywhere?

Of course looking it from a moral point of view, using this cheat to play online IS a bad thing. No matter how useless you think it is, it is mostly unfair since... well since it's a cheated creature, just like using a Kong-boosted creature online. If this is what you meant, I understand your point, but I don't think it gave you the right to discourage emanuelen2 or anyone else looking at that topic's replies from doing it.

Back