Tunngle: bringing BW multiplayer back where it should be.

Spayed

http://www.tunngle.net/en/
^The links to download the latest version and sign up can easily be found there.  Shouldn't take you more than 10 minutes.

Once you run the program and sign in, search for the Black & White network, or click 'Strategy' in the genre list and you'll see 'Black & White' at the top of the second page.  There are usually about 5 active people in there and I've seen as many as ten.  There seems to be some issues with people not seeing each other in the room(tunngle is still a beta, hopefully all this will eventually be solved), been since I signed up I've played a handful of games with friends as well as strangers, and everything worked very smoothly.  Also, I don't know if anyone remembers this, but when the old BW servers were up, you could chat will people even if both players were playing singleplayer.  Well that function works on tunngle, I haven't seen it work with any other VPN's.

Use version 1.3.  Most people do, and 1.2 and 1.3 will not synchronize if you try to play them together.  I know that it says some places on the internet that 1.3 won't work if you're not using the p5 glove, this is wrong, it works fine.

Don't forget the missing p5dll.dll file, just drop it in the B&W directory.  Here's a link: http://www.dll-files.com/pop.php?dll=p5dll

And do yourself a favor and get the nocrack so your cd drive won't lag the game up.  (at least that's what happens to me when i'm not using a crack)

See you there!

I don't play multiplayer myself, so I'm not fully up to speed on this, but I thought Hamachi had been the multiplayer of tool of choice for people.

This is my just asking stupidly here, but how is Tunngle better over Hamachi or are they as good as one another?

To be fair, with so fewer gamers online nowadays, might I suggest a preference of one over another.  Can't say I've tried either tool at all, so I can't really judge.  I can only go on what others have told me.

Hamachi still works and some people still use it.  Tunngle just seems to be easier to use, less buggy and slightly more active(at least in my opinion).  Hamachi may be better in the sense that people there will be willing to help you, join the B&WBeginngers network and you'll find this out very shortly(use V1, not V2).  I'm hoping some more helpful/computer savvy people get on tunngle to offer help there, but so far I haven't needed much help on Tunngle because everything sort of just works.

If you want to use Hamachi, go for it, we need active players no matter where they are.  I just posted this because I felt the public should know there's a new program.

I thought you couldn't do patches and the cracked version at the same time?

I might try this when/if I get Internet on my computer with BW.

Okapidragon said:
I thought you couldn't do patches and the cracked version at the same time?

There are separate cracks for each version.  They can all be found here:

URL removed by Fenton_Pat

The  v1.3 dose indeed break the game if  you don't have the VR glove installed.
Yes there is a work round to get the game working again, but why bust the game and then fix it when the V1.3 patch  has nothing to do with MP.
The last patch for B&W1 was V1.20 ( it included V1.10)
V1.23 was the  CI expansion
V1.3 covered the VR glove only.
Anybody that breaks a game then depends on a work round to make it work again and then  says for others to do it should really think again.
Anyone who installs the V1.3 patch alone will break their game  the work round  will fix it  but  you will still need to  install the
V1.20 Multi Player patch.
Sorry Spayed but if  most of the people you have on your Tunngle do this  then include me out.
People who just patch to the highest number for the sake of it even if it is the wrong patch are just  not the sort of people that could play a good MP game.

I've been on your side of this argument for a long time(because of this website), but since I started playing on Hamachi(where the players use 1.3) I've noticed that no one has a problem with it.  Seriously, everyone uses it and no one's "game breaks".  Have you tried it and noticed that it broke your game or are you just repeating stuff you read on the internet?

I the 1.3 patch requires the PR5.dll (I forget the real name) to function.
The last version of windows I am 100% sure it breaks the game is  W2K Pro.
Just so that you know I have been giving Technical Support for over 9y  on Planet Black & White forums, so it is not just something I read literally 100's of threads from  people who can't  play the game with the patch.
There are/were 2 fixes for the problem
Un-patch the game Lionhead knew of this problem and created an un-patcher to get the game  back to V1.00.
Install the missing ???.dll the game works again  just not quite as well as it should.
On a modern PC It don't matter if the game needs more  in the way of  resources, back in  '01 you had to use all you could get to run the game on an average PC.

Two things:

1. Sorry I had to delete your URL Spayed, but we don't allow people to promote cracked versions of the game here on kayssplace.  Tis just our policy.  If someone here comes asking for help with a cracked version of the game, we generally tell them to get their hands on a disk.
  2. I'm actually hearing from other people about this conversation would you believe.  To clarify for an online gaming dunce (i.e. me),  are you guys basically saying that for W2k and lower, the 1.30 patch isn't recommended unless you apply a workaround also?  But for later OS's, it's fine or is there some disagreement on this ??? ?

Hey, slightly unrelated post: What B&W Hamachi servers are known to be availiable, if any? Thanks in advance!
((I should consider making 'thanks in advance' my siggy, XD!))

There are no servers they closed 8y ago.
Himachi, Pheonix etc are virtual LAN programs.
This allows 2 or more  players to play over  the internet(WAN) as if they were playing a LAN(local network) game.
The Server is the LAN host and others can join his game. It takes  a bit of pre-arranging  but it is the best that is left.
Trungle is no different one player hosts the game others join ( by pre arrangement  is best or you  could  waste hours ,days, weeks waiting for a random  joiner).

First of all, those are called Networks, not servers, and you can join "B&WBeginners" network to play with us on Hamachi. You won't need to wait too long there before finding a player ;)

Edit : Also, very important, it's better to use Hamachi instead of Hamachi2. Here is the link : http://filehippo.com/download_hamachi/changelog/4536/

linewalker said:
First of all, those are called Networks, not servers, and you can join "B&WBeginners" network to play with us on Hamachi. You won't need to wait too long there before finding a player ;)

Edit : Also, very important, it's better to use Hamachi instead of Hamachi2. Here is the link : http://filehippo.com/download_hamachi/changelog/4536/
Well, that's true, but! Yes, there is always a but. Some people there that help you out don't talk like beginners, it's extremely complicated.

Back