Tribute things (spoilers hopefully)

aggravated

just so that a lot of us don't waste precious tribute on useless miracles, I'd like some of you who have tried them already to put down what you think of them here

I got the meteor miracle for 120,000... complete waste.  The only damage it does is occassionally setting a single thing in the radius on fire.  It doesn't destroy buildings effectively (or even at all), and troops don't seem to be affected by it either.

I got the heal miracle and it was the greatest investment I've made so far.  When fighting on home territory, my creature basically can't die.  Only restores 1/4 of his health, but it's still great.

The force hand thing is very useful for killing enemy troops.  Lure them into your influence with the creature, and then just annihilate them.

So far I've only gotten the creature fireball miracle, but he destroys entires armies with one blow.  I'm guessing it's a lot better than meteor for a god-used miracle too.  Not only does it set things on fire, but it actually explodes.

What I wanted from you all is have you tried the lightning miracle or the three wonder miracles and how do you like them?

I haven't spent the tribute on the Lightning Miracle, I've been trying to spend as little as I can and save for a Volcano Wonder.

The Meteor Miracle is VERY good. You can throw it, it has a large radius. I've wiped out atleast 5 platoons at once that were 100 men each.
It will also destroy fortified walls in one strike. It will destroy buildings very easily..

My creature is a Master Soldier, knows Heal, Fire, and Lightning. If he heals himself, he is unstoppable. He's taken on armies of 300+ by himself.

I love Meteor... 2-3 Meteor strikes will kill a creature.

Fire is a fun one, throw it, drop it or use it to rain fire. If you throw or drop it will explode on impact. Fire is great for wiping out large platoons.

The one thing you can buy to pickup unlimited people and trees is VERY useful.
Right click and hold on one villager.. Move your hand around and suck people up into your hand. (Great fun once you completed a level to grab 100 or so villagers and throw them across the map)

At the moment, I don't really regret buying anything.. I just regret not doing all of the silver scrolls.. I skipped through a lot of them. I had to be extremely careful when spending my tribute.

You will have some of an advantage with doing all of the things that give tribute, but you can easily get by without doing all of them.

I prefer the great miracle FIRE! How the Burn may spread.....But I like to combine water with it for the most Nuetral deed and gain of belief.

okay I recently discovered that you can't use harmful miracles on your own people... so yes meteor does rule now that I've used it on an invading creature

two things I wouldn't advise getting: prison and torture pit.  I play evil, and I've never used either.  You can't put enemy soldiers or villagers into either because you can't pick enemy villagers or soldiers up...

how did you ever get enough influence to reach an enemy wall with meteor?

Cheap... But, it works.. lol, I did this once to regain lost time.. I forgot to Ctrl+S and save my game on the 3rd jap land..
Build Storehouses towards the enemies base. Storehouses increase influence by a large amount. Eventually your influence will reach right upto the enemies walls. The enemy usually doesn't attack your storehouse.

Basically.. Just build.. towards your enemies a lot and your influence will grow.

ok.. so i also have some questions...

1) If you start a new game... does all your tribute stuff reset?... or can you start a new game with all the stuff you bought and just own (after you beat the game or something)?

2) uhh... i forgot the rest.. i'll post em later

and... lightning is really useful... especially if the enemy is far away... it casts that lightning stormish and keeps going.... then BOOM! hehe.... so tempting to be evil... but...

i have so much fun.. i'm 99.3% good and i just nuke enemies when they get too close...

not really spoilers.. just a rant, but i didnt want any complaints...

i actually find i hard to do armies... i mean its SO much tribute to transfer them over lands... so you keep having to restart all the exp...

another thing i dont like is the fact that you cant transfer stuff over the lands... through the portals... i would like to send some food and ore over... but... i guess thats what makes it challenging.

its also pretty hard to get ore when your good.... you have to expand so far to get another mine... evil just starts taking over...

i also wish you choose to have that town stay there... instead of migrating... like if you had the choice just to have it as another city... this way mining wouldnt be a problem

uhh.. got a little off topic there... but i think that "skyscaper" is a useful tribute item too.. when your out of room or dont want to expand... you just start building up... works great if you have enough ore... (like 200 ore a level.. ouch)

i also have found that there seems to be NO LIMIT to the higth of you skyscaper... i think i pulled off about 100 stories before i gave up.... i think a well placed wind miricle should knock it over... how amusing would that be! or the ape should be able to climb it... GO KING KONG!

Fireball was very dissapointing, it barely burned things.

Shield is okay....

Lightning is great for gods, but I mainly buy it for my creature.

Heal is excellent.

Meteor is awesome, the aztecs marched a 200 man army toward my village and one meteor annilhated it, heavily recommended for good and for evil.

Siren is good, but the villagers that you get just wander around, outside of your influence. Not useful.

Hurricane is awesome, it picks up buildings and villagers, a favorite of mine for good gods trying to lower the enemies impressiveness.

Earthquake is, well, destructive. But most than the other, this one is a really hit and miss. Sometimes the earthquake will go away from the enemy and just go around in empty mountains. But if it doesn't, a whole sector of your village could be gone.

Volcano, I never used it, like the earthquake, but had it used against me. This volcano......you better hope that your influence is stretched out far, it DESTROYS things. The only hope is watering the lava. Plus the lava stays around for at least 2 minutes after the volcano goes away.

I know it's sad.. But, I haven't quite figured out how to use the Shield miracle.. lol, any help?

I try to do those objectives shield 15 villagers, etc.. but it doesn't work.

I had the very same problem!  I clicked and dragged to form a circle, and the big purple thing appears, but it doesn't seem to protect anything or drain mana, so I think that's wrong

about siren: set up an army camp next to the wandering villagers (who will all be male since they were soldiers) and they will be first priority to go into it, making them soldiers for you

very curious about the books.  I've bought all and nothing has happened with them yet...

@Cord.

I belivie you gotta chuck a rock at the sheild or get enemy soilders to attack, don't make the sheild too big.
(To make a sheild, click and hold intill there's a circle in the ground, move your mouse away/towards to make the circle big/small)

@Duckman

Make sure your click and holding, not just clicking.
:3 Just clicking makes enemie soilders get blown away by the wind generated.

Ok, thanks Phen. I'll fool around with the shield in a little bit.

The Volcano Wonder is fun.. I've used it a few times.. It does destroy stuff... a lot of stuff.

Hurricane is a cool one too, but it is also a hit or miss thing like the Earthquake..
I tried to use Hurricane on a village and it went the wrong way.. and sucked up a bunch of trees, a few 90 year old men and then went throught the wrong town..

Damage is done by earthquake at the start.. and then about 5-10 minutes after it is done, the cracks in the ground disappear and the ground moves again and destroys more.

Back