Training creature to fight? (B&W1)

Sparkster_Sanjulo

So I left my creature on a slightly modified version of Survivor map that has like 8 creatures who want to fight him so all he does is fight 24/7 however it sure seems if I step into the fight even for alittle bit he becomes a pooey fighter, I mean he utilizes some of what I make him do when I help the fight but it seems he just stands there. Any one know if helping in a creature really does make him fight worse?

Also how long am I to expect this training to take? I am really confused, when I played all those years ao I had a creature who fought 1 creature over and over... In 1 map, around a total of 3-4 hours and their every move was perfectly timed and they where able to pretty much stunlock another creature down, yet here I have this guy who barely throws a punch under same timelength and circumstances.

EDIT: Oh another thing, I taught him heal miracle and it seems he is able to push his health bar in combat to full from eiter low or halfway, as if he is healing himself, however there is no heal graphic when this happens, is this normal?

So I left my creature on a slightly modified version of Survivor map that has like 8 creatures who want to fight him so all he does is fight 24/7 however it sure seems if I step into the fight even for alittle bit he becomes a pooey fighter, I mean he utilizes some of what I make him do when I help the fight but it seems he just stands there. Any one know if helping in a creature really does make him fight worse?

You taught your creature to fight on it's own, so when you 'assist' it, it tries to listen to you.
And if you don't help it fighting, yes, it becomes a very crapy fighting creature.

Also how long am I to expect this training to take? I am really confused, when I played all those years ao I had a creature who fought 1 creature over and over... In 1 map, around a total of 3-4 hours and their every move was perfectly timed and they where able to pretty much stunlock another creature down, yet here I have this guy who barely throws a punch under same timelength and circumstances.

Just around 5 creature battles witch YOU win, assisting your creature, instead of letting it fight alown.

Oh another thing, I taught him heal miracle and it seems he is able to push his health bar in combat to full from eiter low or halfway, as if he is healing himself, however there is no heal graphic when this happens, is this normal?

Depends, during a 'punch interaction' it won't display, since the animation couldn't compleat.
But, mabey it is a bug on your PC. What BW1 version do you have?

Sylcai said:
You taught your creature to fight on it's own, so when you 'assist' it, it tries to listen to you.
And if you don't help it fighting, yes, it becomes a very crapy fighting creature.
Huh?

Sylcai said:
Just around 5 creature battles witch YOU win, assisting your creature, instead of letting it fight alown.
Um. Everytime I seem to assist he becomes a crappy fighter. The one which became a super fighter was left to fight by theirself the entire time.

Sylcai said:
Depends, during a 'punch interaction' it won't display, since the animation couldn't compleat.
But, mabey it is a bug on your PC. What BW1 version do you have?
It should be patched version.

Whenever you assist him youl distract him and he''ll be waiting for more input from you instead of going back to the fight.

You're probably better of with a map with less creatures. If you're going to assist him, show him a repetion of moves. Like jab, punch, fall back. And keep repeating it untill he's able to do it on his own.

You can write your creature's mindfile into a map and he'll be fighting against himself. So to speak.

Kays said:
Whenever you assist him youl distract him and he''ll be waiting for more input from you instead of going back to the fight.
That's what I was seeing, acept this behavior was carrying on from fight to fight, as if he was expecting me to step into the fight each time. I don't mind helping every once and a while but sometimes I have do something else really urgent and he needs to be able to handle himself not just get stomped like a carpet mite in five seconds flat.

Kays said:
You're probably better of with a map with less creatures. If you're going to assist him, show him a repetion of moves. Like jab, punch, fall back. And keep repeating it untill he's able to do it on his own.
Well I was forced to do that with the fight agansit the Crocodile at the end of CI, pretty much just an endless stream of hit hit hit hit hit star star star star hit hit hit hit star with a heal every once and a while, I don't know why but it seems he actually uses it now, weird. Gonna try messing with it some more, I was thinking I'd need to just have him fight by his self the entire time but it looks like I'll actually be needing a combo of the two.

We do have a good selection of mind files in our downloads. Why not place a weaker one on a map and let your creature beat up on it for a while. Only assist him if he's not doing too good. Then start using more powerful opponents and see how he adjusts to them.

Kays said:
We do have a good selection of mind files in our downloads. Why not place a weaker one on a map and let your creature beat up on it for a while. Only assist him if he's not doing too good. Then start using more powerful opponents and see how he adjusts to them.

Well which would you consider to be the best fighter? I was thinking it would be one called "Fear" but this site dosen't have that one. And which would be the steps asceding to this best fighter?

For weaker I just use my own creature's mind LOL.

I'm sure there will always be a debate over which is the best fighter. I'm under the impression that it's Negatus  although I've never used that mind file.

Here's something I forgot about. It's a creature training system.

http://www.bwfiles.com/files/index.php?action=file&id=361

Back