tiger unlocker

KillerPenguin

Elder
I just got it but the tiger still wont show up :( i press the botton thats underneath the picture but nothing happend, even it the creature select.  Has this happend to anyone?

Where did you get it from, its main unlocker is in German?

http://www.bwfiles.com/files/index.php?action=file&id=586

Try this...

He's using Vista and I wonder if that's where the problem is.

The creature changer will only work with V1.1. It was never updated for V1.2

[edit]There does seem to be a problem with Vista and the tiger unlocker. But there's only one thread and I don't know if the solution worked.

http://community.lionhead.com/forums/thread/2710953.aspx

If you installed BW2 to your system drive, you'll need to run the Tiger Unlocker with elevated privaleges. (Right click, Run as Administrator). By default Vista won't allow anything to mess with system files and that includes anything in the Program Files folder.
[/edit]

:shocked oh :shocked    i have v1.2 wow.... its there a way to uninstall it?

Uninstall, reinstall and only patch to V1.1. ???

I've just edited my previous post. See if that info helps any.

k thats kays.
and yea im using administrator privilages
so can i install  v 1.2 after i have the tiger?
i have no idea if without 1.2 the game glithches

You should be able to patch it to V1.2 afterwards.

That creature changer is a bit funny to use. You need to restart the land after using it and I don't think it works in Land 3. Read the readme for more details.

My experience has  been.
Install B&W2
USE  the creature unlocker  ( I have the collectors edition DVD's with the English unlocker)
Then patch the game to 1.1 and 1.2 for a mainly trouble free game.

Is that the tiger unlocker or the creature changer? ???

Have you tried the creature changer yet?

As people across several different sites are having the same problem  simple solution is quite possibly a save file from the start of the game with the Tiger creature.

Just an update I now have a Vista PC  and all though  I cant start a new game and choose a Tiger.  I can use saved games from other OS's W2K for example with the tiger.

Thanks for the confirmation. I'll put a game save togther like Lionsource had an add it to the downloads.

I got one already done if you want it but on the official forums they are saying it is an  illeagle thing to do.

Why should it be illeagal ??? All you are doing is sharing a save game with some friends, admittedly a vast number of friends but it's surly not illeagal?

Technically it might be illegal. But LHS seemed to have turned a blind eye when Lionsource hosted it. ???

I did make one also, but I'm a bit reluctant to host it since my game seems to be a bit wonky. Some of the text and voice is definitely not from the first land. Looks like it's time for a complete re-install :rolleyes.

I did find a copy of the  Lionsource one, but it's only patched to 1.1. However, I don't know if that matters any.

Just a side note. A couple of weeks ago I picked up a 22 inch wide screen display. But I really hadn't a chance to play many games on it yet. Last night I set the resolution for BW2 up to 1680 X 1050 and it just blew me away. I forgot how beautiful a game it was.

Back