They should Re-Release Black and White + Creature Island

ValentineHeart82

Black and White has a whole host of issues running on Vista and Creature Island you can pretty much forget about, so I was thinking, they should do a re-release of both games with improvements and bonuses. This is kind of a wish list, but if it gets much positive feedback I'll  try to present my suggestions to Lionhead. Chances are I'll never find a good way to contact them and it will never get read by anyone of any importance at Lionhead, but I could try it.

One Improvement that's simple and obvious is the look of the villagers, they could easily be smoothed out a little.

They could also add all the gameplay improvements and creatures from Creature Island into the official campaign so that your creature could build houses, eat from fields properly, and play as a Chicken, Rhino, or Crocodile.

One thing that I think would be awesome is if they made it so that you could visit Creature Island from the Main Campaign, kind of like a skirmish map, and keep it just as you left it each time you go back.

Another feature they could add that would be absolutely amazing would be to save each land when you leave it, and allow you to return later to pick up where you left off. You can already do this with saved games, but if they let you do it more officially through a temple menu that would be awesome.

A few minor bug corrections that were never addressed would be nice too, like some of the challenges that can't be completed normally (The land 3 challenge when Lethys torches your villagers for instance).

Better creature feedback with less redundant information would also be nice, I already know that holding my hand in front of him and clicking will hand him food, you don't have to keep telling me when I'm trying to mold his behavior!

It seems like quite a list but it's all pretty simple and easy to do stuff that would make a world of difference.

Lastly, the price should be around $35 USD, it would be a great bargain game and a lot of people would buy it, especially fans of the original if they added said new features and advertised them on the Box. It would do even better if they also put it on Steam, so long as they kept it moddable.

Well, the most of those are bug-fixes, why not a mayor patch?  Bump  I would like a creature mind, easier to break into, don't missunderstand me. Like a menu where you could choose the creatures difficulty. I have many times found it hard to learn your creature not to do something that he really wants to do... , simplier said, a dynamite to the creatures head front door.

If they would release the games on home consoles, it would be a buy for me.

Simpa, if you want a creature with a programmable mind, play BW2. It may be more difficult to train a creature in BW1, but that's a positive to me. It makes each creature more unique, and builds a bond between the artificial creature and the player.

Sier said:

Simpa, if you want a creature with a programmable mind, play BW2. It may be more difficult to train a creature in BW1, but that's a positive to me. It makes each creature more unique, and builds a bond between the artificial creature and the player.

Controls would be way too difficult on a home console, it was made for the PC.
ValentineHeart82 said:
Black and White has a whole host of issues running on Vista and Creature Island you can pretty much forget about, so I was thinking, they should do a re-release of both games with improvements and bonuses. This is kind of a wish list, but if it gets much positive feedback I'll  try to present my suggestions to Lionhead. Chances are I'll never find a good way to contact them and it will never get read by anyone of any importance at Lionhead, but I could try it.

One Improvement that's simple and obvious is the look of the villagers, they could easily be smoothed out a little.

They could also add all the gameplay improvements and creatures from Creature Island into the official campaign so that your creature could build houses, eat from fields properly, and play as a Chicken, Rhino, or Crocodile.

One thing that I think would be awesome is if they made it so that you could visit Creature Island from the Main Campaign, kind of like a skirmish map, and keep it just as you left it each time you go back.

Another feature they could add that would be absolutely amazing would be to save each land when you leave it, and allow you to return later to pick up where you left off. You can already do this with saved games, but if they let you do it more officially through a temple menu that would be awesome.

A few minor bug corrections that were never addressed would be nice too, like some of the challenges that can't be completed normally (The land 3 challenge when Lethys torches your villagers for instance).

Better creature feedback with less redundant information would also be nice, I already know that holding my hand in front of him and clicking will hand him food, you don't have to keep telling me when I'm trying to mold his behavior!

It seems like quite a list but it's all pretty simple and easy to do stuff that would make a world of difference.

Lastly, the price should be around $35 USD, it would be a great bargain game and a lot of people would buy it, especially fans of the original if they added said new features and advertised them on the Box. It would do even better if they also put it on Steam, so long as they kept it moddable.

Unlikely, considering Lionhead has had reasonable success with Fable 2.  They're unlikely to go back to a 9 year old franchise.

It would be nice if they could re-release it for the 10th anniversary. But there could be a problem since LHS is now owned by Microsoft.

As stated, how would you play it? Some of the actions are difficult to replicate with a controller. The only console system suited to B&W would be the Wii. So that ain't gonna happen.

However the thought of playing B&W on the Wii is intriguing since the game seems well suited for that type of controller.

Most modern home consoles these days allow the usage of a keyboard and possibly a mouse. There is no reason they wouldn't be compatible.

In addition, the game could be played on a controller by simply forgetting about most of the shortcuts. The hand could be moved by analog stick or motion control, and all you need is two buttons for basic functions. Some shortcuts could be assigned to a simple system where you hold a shoulder button and push a face button for whatever function.

Kays said:
It would be nice if they could re-release it for the 10th anniversary.

That would be a great idea.  It would certainly breathe some life back into the Black & White franchise.  A remastered anniversary edition is something I would surely buy!

There are Wii-PC ports already, by the Wii hackers, but usualy, it's just using the Wiimote.

I supose if you plug your pc on the tv, and use the wii-mote to PC apps, one could play BW1 with a wiimote.

And, with the correct anti-alliasing, with high - resolution display, I think it looks playable.

I mean.. some games still don't look like bw1, and were designed in 2007!

I didn't mean minds like Black and White's souless, but i don't want the creature to need to be slammed about 10 times to make him stop eating villagers, but maybe 5.

You don't need to slam your creature around. You must be doing something wrong...

A 10th anniversary Black & White collection would be very nice. Having both BW1 and CI on the Vista and Windows 7. I would like to get that. But for consoles, They should make that even though they canceled that one console game for the PS2 and Xbox Original, and also a Dreamcast version for BW1. >.> So yeah, I guess they can't do very well making Console games for BW.

But they should also re-release BW+CI on Steam that could come together in one pack. (That program to play games made by Valve in a online community).

Better, Moyneaux should reveal that he has secretly been Satan, Father of Deception, in disguise all of these years, but promise to reform his ways, then actually get around to releasing BW3, like he said he would.

I would agree, if he did so well with the Fable series. He might have potential for Black & White 3. Instead of making it a glorified city like BW2, he should put it as a God Simulator like he did with BW1. That's where the game was enjoyable for me, as a god simulator. Because if you're a god, you should send missionaries to convert people to your religion. Yes, you also take over other god's worshipers to be your worshipers. If Pete would do that for BW3, making it a God simulator again, I would love to play that.

A simple re-skin of the original would almost be enough the game plays OK on Vista even at 1080p the only thing that seems to fail is the MP3 add on, but I have not looked into that as I don't use it  anyway.

If it was really important the I would try the Microsoft "virtual machine" and run W98 so all addons and  3rd party  software  would work. 

Back