Thesame old question...

Thunder Eclipse

Elder
Everyone knows this question but oh well..

I am having ATI Radeon 9200 (-12:cool:  but the graphics are still poor

What kind of graphic card I need to have?    :cry

I should of realised it was for BW2. I believe the 9200 is only a DX8 video card and isn't capable of showing the nice stuff DX9 is capable of, like the water.

I guess part of it is how much are you willing to spend? ???

The lower price range cards which should give hair and blooming are something like the Radeon 9500, 9600, 9700, 9800. Look for the Pro models. The SE models and the 9550 are real low end and will be laggy. I think the X300 is somewhere between and the X600 a bit better. For nVidia cards the 5500 will show fur but be laggy, a bit better are the 5900 and I think the 6200.

For mid range the Radeon X700 and GeForce 6600 and then anything after that gets better and with a higher price as the numbers increase.

In the Data folder in the game directory there's a file called graphics.config. Open it with Notepad and you'll see a list of all of the graphics cards and the settings for each. A one in the second column denotes a mid end card and the high end cards are zero. For the two outside numbers the higher the number the better. You can use this to compare the various video cards.

Back