The True Purpose of Unique Platoons

Vargoradaath

Elder
Last night during a rather heated campaign against the Norse on land 3, I had an unusually lucid thought for one about to send 500-ish men to their deaths.  I thought, "hey, wait a minute... I wonder if it's possible to merge my horde of Consriptees with the Undead Legion?".  So, I sent the Undead Legion to the moderately large platoon, and merged them.

The result, when done properly, was an Elite platoon of approximately 550 men.  Just to be sure it worked, I saved and loaded.  Five hundred ghost soldiers stood in a ring around my gate, ready to kill.  Naturally, they slew the enemy creature in seconds, and decimated the enemy forces like locusts on a field.  :devil

So, that got me thinking, "well, apparently the Seven Samurai are even stronger than the Undead Legion, so I might as well progress in the story". 

I managed to rather quickly solve the horrendously-overexaggeratedly-difficult Quest
(which I discovered after a moment of sober thought and a few statues found, required only a keen eye, patience, and a handle on the spectrum of visible light (ROYGBIV))
, and ran the Samurai through a trial run.  Slaughtering the platoon waiting at the maw of my gates while barely taking a scratch, they lived up to their reputation.  :woot

So in no time at all, using a combination of mass villager production and use of the Siren epic, I had on my hands the Legendary Platoon of the Seven Hundred Samurai.  They killed the Japanese tribe's tiger in less than two seconds, and tore apart the main city's buildings and Wonder rather quickly.  Deploying the Creature to keep the enemy at bay during the capture (and of course, to tear down their walls and gatehouses in preparation for the assault), I succeeded in taking their capital...    :yourock:

...and that is the sole purpose of the Elite reward platoons.  :cool:

If you've not tried it yet (and I can hardly imagine why not), you really, really should.  Victory is assured. :devil

bozzo442 said:
how do u merg them?

Simply pick up the flag of the platoon whose soldiers you would like to add to the Elite platoon, click and hold their flag over the Elites' flag; first you'll see "Link", then you'll see "Merge".  Release the action button when Merge appears, and the large, weak platoon will rush to join the smaller, Elite platoon.  This can be done as many times as you like, provided you always add the weaker soldiers to the stronger platoon.

Remember, the weaker (but larger)  platoon has to join the smaller (but stronger)one; making the Seven Samurai join the giant horde of 693 conscriptees will result in 700 weaklings and a wasted Elite platoon.

Of course, it's advisable to make a backup save (a proper save through the menu) of your land before attempting this, in case you mess up the first time.  Otherwise, have fun!  :devil

@ chaoslight -  Well, as far as the Seven Samurai go,
they certainly appear to be Conscripts, but watch closely and you'll notice that they never level up or even gain experience.

It's just too bad you can't take them with you to the other Lands!

The Siren Epic is just a little too useful, though.  Makes it too easy to assemble enormous platoons without cramming hundreds of people into hovels and building a few dozen Torture Pits. 

do they go on in ur next world like if u  buy the 100  best soilders do they come up?

Back