The God AI.......

Daxter_06

How would you rate its effectiveness so far and what it's impact would be on new custom maps in the future.

I want to know this so I get an idea from the community of their opinion, plus also after seeing what the God AI can do it terms of scripting, that I could get some ideas or creative uses I could implement into the AI that could make them more realistic or something they would like to see.

I have of course created this thread the above purpose but also because I was studying the Undead god over the last few days and found out EXACTLY how stupid he is.

So input people, please.

Daxter said:
I was studying the Undead god over the last few days and found out EXACTLY how stupid he is.
You mean you had a peek at his balance file?

As for the God AI, I have to say it's pretty amazing. I like how you can befriend a god or make him your enemy. I also like that he has a decent amount of intelligence. The only problem I see is in the OGAM pre-demo beta. The orange god seems to take off and never come back. Other than that, I foresee this becoming an essential script for mappers in the future.

Would it be alright of I could use the god AI in maps that I make? Perhaps even try my hand at modifying it? Sorry if I'm taking it a bit to far, but I'm fascinated with the god AI.

They are in the Bw2 library so I think you should be able to use them.

http://www.bwfiles.com/scripts/index.php

The AI is pretty advanced and it would probably take a lot of work to change but what I am to say no. If you really think that you can improve it quite a lot then go ahead. If it works out then I'll be sure to credit you for its improvement.

I also am thinking of improving and revising the epics.

I may be its creator but I think if the AI does everything it is supposed(or what I am telling it to do) then I agree that it will indeed help BnW2 alot(maybe even kill off BoTG jks), and unlock more potential custom maps with it included. Along with 00din's platoon AI(which he will now revise and comment on more so that I can modify) will make the modding part of BnW2 very powerful.

Btw, I studied the Undead God in the game and see his stuff. I noticed some things about him that make him stupid.
    1. The Undead continually says "Now it is time for your death", but he doesn't do anything.
    2. When he heals his villagers, he also heals his undead armies and kills them for you
    3. His aim sucks when it comes too throwing rocks and miracles at your town
    4. When a shield goes up the Undead God still throws stuff at you whereas he should be concentrating on the weak spots where the shield hasn't protected or wait till the shield dies.
    5. When the player tries to take the town closest to the capital(the one from the intro to the land) the Undead god sends all his armies to attack the player's platoon while leaving his city unguarded and his focus directed on the platoons rather than his city

And the list goes on.

Daxter said:
I also am thinking of improving and revising the epics.

I may be its creator but I think if the AI does everything it is supposed(or what I am telling it to do) then I agree that it will indeed help BnW2 alot(maybe even kill off BoTG jks), and unlock more potential custom maps with it included. Along with 00din's platoon AI(which he will now revise and comment on more so that I can modify) will make the modding part of BnW2 very powerful.

If you do manage to feel like you have made a great improvement upon BotG (which I feel you have already accomplished) then you should try contacting Lionhead themselves. Maybe even the great Peter Molyneux. You should include in your letter/e-mail, that you hope to get some proper dialogue in, and see if they can maybe assist in getting some voice talent in there. Of course you'll have to give Lionhead some credit, and maybe, just maybe, they could publish it, and make it a real expansion pack. But that I doubt, as Microsoft (the devil :devil) bought them over. Oh well, we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Also, what did you mean by improving and revising the epics?

Wat I meant was that currently the scripts for the epics are very messy and some things in there aren't needed.

So I want to do is change the script around to make it neater but also to stop all the lagging that it emits into the game(on people with older machines).

That would be really great, Daxter! Unfortunately, I don't have the privilege of having a top-notch system, I only have a GeForce 7300 GS... But I'm looking forward to an HD3870 just because it is from ATI  :blush

I can't really wait to play Black & White 2 with the maximum settings... And although I AM able to play it without any real performance breaks during the normal course of the game, when it comes to Epics... Especially the Volcano Epic... My graphic card gets REALLY laggy. It would be nice to see some improvement in those  :p

Back