The game is laggy as HELL

valgaav

Hey there!
I finally managed to run the game, but now it's very slow/laggy on certain occasions.
A lag starts upon certain actions and it freezes the game for 5-30 seconds, e.g. when I'm casting a miracle for the first time after loading the game/entering new land/etc., when I start a silver/gold scroll, when an even triggers where an NPC will talk to me, when a cinematic starts, when I start picking wood/food/etc for the first time (e.g. food-> fish, from the warehouse, from ground, each of these cause the game to freeze), when casting miracles.

What can be cause of this?
I have a good pc, definitely too good for BW1. I'm ruinning patch 1.1,.2,.4. I'm running the game on 1920x1080 resolution, maybe I should go with the game native resolution, i.e. 800x600 or whatever was the highest? Or maybe the grahpics quality is too high and I should go with lowest? Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance

right, there could be many causes as to why this occurs. The game could simply be having issues reading and writing to the game as fast as it could. Im running it on a laptop created in 2010 so i have little to no issues when it reads. there has been the occasional times where it has crashed and Ive been like  ":shocked..."
Do you have any other information, Game directory? Computer Specs? :) It would be easier for me to solve your issue, thanks for reading  :laugh:

Back