Resource icon

The Egypt Project V2.1 1.0.0

SkelApe

Elder
SkelApe submitted a new resource:

The Egypt Project V2.1 - Create a majestic Egyptian city, wage wars with your genuine Egyptian archers and warriors, care for

Create a majestic Egyptian city, wage wars with your genuine Egyptian archers and warriors, care for your Egyptian villagers and get your Jackal to do your bidding with THE EGYPT PROJECT V2.1! (Now with skin improvements and installers so you can install/un install in seconds! See readme.)
By Tom G (SkelApe)

Read more about this resource...

Nice job on that!
I was wondering.. if you can make a
persian tribe?
cuz i want to make a remake of the spartan movie,
not just the words but the moment from start to end.

Sorry for bringing this up again, but would anyone like a persian tribe? Im not sure if he models of the buildings are similar enough for me to make (skin) an entire race. Also, there were traces of egyptian models already in the game (like villagers.) I could have a good go though if anyone else would like it.

I downloaded this file on this site and another and used the Install option but it keeps saying that it cannot find the file path and nothing is saved in the game files. I am confused :( I also was trying to edit the tribute/in game things which I did a few years ago on an old desktop which works but my vista laptop wont save ANYTHING!!! It won't even let me save over something if I edit it. I would love to use this download as it looks great but I think I'll need some help :)

Hi! Yes it is it plays better on my vista then it did on my old xp but I have both the patches and I cant modify or save any files into the game its weird.

Okay, like my Vista computer there will be a problem with the permissions which prevents you from doing anything in a particular folder (in this case the Lionhead Studios folder).

What you need to do is right click the Lionhead Studios folder (which can be found in Program Files) and select Properties. Then click the Security tab along the top. When there, click the "Edit..." button. In the following window, click on each name in the list and click the full control check box under "Allow". This will highlight all other boxes. Do this for all the names in the list and then click OK. When you have done this, you should run the installer again and it will work. Quite a long process, but that's one of the horrible flaws of Vista.

Okay so Im in the security tab, now what do I click on? I have the group or username list, and then the permissions list. The default on the group is CREATOR OWNER and the only permission checked is special permissions for allow.

Well, I made myself and the administrator the owner of the files and I now have full control including modify, however lol whey I try to install the file it still says in the black box cannot find file path. UGH. lol

Okay, what i'd do is go in to every folder in the Egypt Project download (textures, Egyptian infantry etc) and read the manual instructions text file. These will be found in every folder in the download, and will tell you where to put the stuff in that folder. Essentially, you would be installing the mod yourself. Sorry i can be of no further help, but i think this would be the most painless alternative  :) 

Thank you so much! I will do that, I found that after I got access to the files I can modify and save so I will just save them in the correct folders. This is great! Good job!

No problem, sorry i couldn't be of more help. Tell me what you think of the mod when you are done :)

Cool beans ;) This is a great mod, I love the buildings and the archers! The only weird thing is that when I played the Norse, I had the wolf, and the Norse had the Jackal! That was really weird but he looked cool! Thanks! :D

I'm just curious, but what does the Jackal look like? There's no pictures.

There are loads of pictures in the download itself, in a folder called images.

Is there a pic of the temple too? The temple in version 2.0 was a little on the bright side.

Back