Temple Interiors?

GallopRider

Okay, so I installed BW1 on my sister's crappy laptop and all goes well.  So she goes inside the temple for the tutorial blah, blah... And the temple interior graphics are nice!  At least to me they are.  The bricks are all white, and aside from the funky lookin' linoleum it looks pretty good.  Mine is kinda muted and reddish but much shinier.  But both temples are totally neutral!  Why are my walls splotchy?

So I was wondering if it's a technical bug or just a bug with my contact lenses, lol.  My sister is running XP SP3, high detail, and a Centrino processor, all on a junky Intel Chipset that overheats on Wikipedia after 15 minutes.  And the game is patched to 1.2.

Mine is Win7 32-bit, Nvidia GeForce 7150M card (it's meh), max detail, and patch 1.1.

Here's a screenshot of hers. Sorry it's so big.:
KendalsTemple.jpg

And a screenie of mine:
MyTempleInterior.jpg

Looks to me like a glitch! In your sister's temple, the floor doesn't shine, there is no light through the windows and the chandaliers aren't lit, nor is there any light on the doors, or anywhere actually. I think your sister's computer may have some trouble processing the textures, does she have the latest drivers?

Not a glitch.  Her Intel Chipset is no good for anything but word processing...  :cmad But that's not my point, really.  I'm just using her temple to ask about mine.  Look at the bottom screenshot around the "Library".  See how the walls are dark and (for lack of better words) splotchy?  That's my game, and I was wondering if that's how it is supposed to look.  Anyone else notice this in their own game?

She used the Setup.exe in the install folder :p

You can there set the graphics to your prefferance. - It edits the temple aswell.

Sylcai said:
She used the Setup.exe in the install folder :p

You can there set the graphics to your prefferance. - It edits the temple aswell.

yep, if this not work, use the Safe 3d Setup.exe

Yes, I am very familar with Setup.exe.  I tinkered with it for over 30 minutes in my game to see if the temple walls could look better but still keep the graphics on max.  So far nothing is working.  :angry  Oh well.  Everthing else looks and works prefectly.

My question has boiled down to whether or not that blackened, muddy colour (look around the Library alcove) is normal on a neutral temple?

Black Curtains said:
Indeed. My temple interior is identical. And I am using Mac OS X  :)

Thank You!  *hugs Black Curtains* I finally get some answers.  Anyone else?

Sometimes something like that is driver/chipset related. That chipset is more designed for normal 2D applications than 3D gaming

Back