Symbol problems

KillerPenguin

Elder
I have a problem with the symbol, i always put the heart of happy face everything runs fine after that,but when i exit the game then come back the symbol is the two circles :( . Any reason why this happends?

P.S ; I cant check the game right now because I'm staying in my brothers house :p

Does B&W have registry access? (it stores which symbol is yours in the registry.)
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Lionhead Studios Ltd\Black & White\LHMultiplayer\Profiles\(name here)\player symbol, if it helps
If you're on Vista, try running it as an administrator, though I have no idea how that would help.

Edit: Also, does anyone know what the format for tattoos should be?  Color depth, etc.  I can load one in BW1, but I can't seem to get it to show up right (it's all distorted)

Edit: Also, does anyone know what the format for tattoos should be?  Color depth, etc.  I can load one in BW1, but I can't seem to get it to show up right (it's all distorted)

It's suppose to be a 64x64 greyscale .bmp image (8-bit or 256 shades of grey).

.... :(

It was ;_;  But it shows like, the top part of the symbol (all pixelated) and the bottom part is distorted.

How are you saving it? What app are you using? MS Paint?

I tried MS Paint and The Gimp, I should probably try GraphicsGale too though (if I can figure out how ot set it to 8-bit) :(

For MS Paint Click on "File" then "Save As". In the "Save As Type" drop down box choose "Monochrome Bitmap". That should work

For Gimp you need to convert it to greyscale first. Image > Mode > Geyscale. Then save it as a bitmap

I haven't actually tried either method as a tattoo. If you're still having trouble attach the file to a post so I can have a look at it.

Didn't work in Paint and GIMP, but I got it to work by converting it to 8bit grayscale in GraphicsGale (I just forgot to reply, lol)

Not sure why it didn't work in Paint, though, as I've used that before for this (before I had any decent software :()

Back