STUPID VILLAGERS OF B&W CI... :c

MigX

How i can fix the stupid AI of the villagers on creature isles? They cant climb mountains and walking over all the land, and no back, and they die and my alignment turn's evil.... they get stuck on mountains and round it forever on searching wood or going home.... anyone have a solution of this "stupid" problem? :c

The land in Creature isle is very different then all other lands - as it is made for creature pathing.

Sadly this means that villagers tend to start acting really dumb. - in Creature Isle though, you can remain reasonably neutral, by not bothering at all with the villages once you got them. - Villagers tend to sort them selves out after a while.

Also, villages tend to get a 'personality' - the AI in Black & White Creature Isle of the villages is slightly improved over that in Black & White. If the dumb villagers die, eventually you'll be left with only the smart ones!

If how ever, the problem continues to exist, try other things, place portals around (The ones you make with the house gesture) - see if they use those.

but, when i play an skirmish game (i prefer ci skirmush game, for the apprendice and the new 2 miracles) but, all villagers are very stupid, A LOT!!! maybe... u belive i can replace a file or text, or folder with the original to fix it??

Alright, seeing as you find them stupid also in the skirmish maps, what do you think is 'stupid' behaviour?

Please state everything your villagers do, and what they do wrong as well, according to you.

Most villager behaviour is defaulted by the Store Flags, they will do what the flag represents.
If the only flag available is the breed flag, your villagers will tend to not do anything at all.
If the flag is gather wood, villagers will go anywhere to get the wood.

Please also note that villages of more then 200+ villagers, tend to get over-crowded, when villagers go 'relax', or 'do nothing', they will sit somewhere in the village center. (A location pendicular to the Totem, and Village Store) Villagers tend to 'fall' onto one an other, and cause a domino effect.

These are the only things I can think of myself at this moment that I would find 'stupid'.

Also, there is no way to change villager behaviour in the game. - The way villagers behave is hard coded into the .exe file, and would require extensive work to adjust.

Back