Stupid archers

Tivuer

My archers wont attack siege weapons, is this a bug or are they just stupid?
  Maybe its both :p

I don't think archers can do any damage to seige weapons...that may be why.

If i remember right they can. Like what have you tried to do? Usually picking up the flag and clicking on the SW does it for me.

Well i want them to do automatically, but if they wont i don't mind too much...
... always got my creature and his large feet to do it.
  Thanks though.

Either way, there's definitely not enough "alarms" in this game. It would be nice to have some kind of signal that a siege weapon is in the process of destroying a wall. If I'm on the other side of a huge city, there's no way I'm going to know. The city icons will flash at the bottom, but that isn't near enough for me.

[alphaBeta] said:
Either way, there's definitely not enough "alarms" in this game.

Be very careful how you say that.  Lots of people are complaining about how the Advisors get a major bee in their bonnets if enemy troops so much as enter our influence, claiming that "we're getting trashed" and the like.  I have to say I agree with these people.  It can be a major annoyance.

I wouldn't say that we need more alrams, but alarms in the right place.  At the moment the alarm system is very much hit and miss :( .

Well that's true - they usually go crazy for the smallest things.

I was more referring to when a lone catapult starts taking down your wall. It's rather annoying to come back and see a wall missing or heavily destroyed and you didn't hear a thing about it. Perhaps increasing the noise the rocks hitting the wall etc.

fenton_pat said:
I wouldn't say that we need more alrams, but alarms in the right place. 

Agreed. Not that it's the game's fault or anything, but I once had an enemy soldier wandering around in the corner of my influence not doing much (who knows why? midlife crisis?) and my good advisor was wetting himself saying my town was doomed.

Back