[SOLVED]five player crash

Linkhead2

For the past few weeks ive been having problems with Black and White when i script my maps. Whenever i try and add a 5th (or 6th or 7th) player and then save it, try to load the map, BNW would just crash half-way through loading. :help I was wondering if anyone knew why this was happening and like to explain any way i can fix this?

additional info: I have tried in any way to see if this was an error with the script, it appears to be fine. I was under the impression that this might be a Texture error with the temple textures already in use or an icon failure (same way with temples, except with icons)

Thank You For Reading :D

afaik the game doesn't support 5 players? there are most likely hard coded limitations, one example I can think of is the temples each have their own model/texture related to their player id - temples with integers from 1-4 exist, where as 5 doesn't.

take a look at the folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lionhead Studios Ltd\Black & White\Data\Citadel\OutsideMeshes

there are many files representing different player temples by numerical values in the filename: b_templenn_l3d.zzz where nn is a unique number, try duplicating these so that there are files with 2nd ns.

Handsome Matt said:
afaik the game doesn't support 5 players? there are most likely hard coded limitations, one example I can think of is the temples each have their own model/texture related to their player id - temples with integers from 1-4 exist, where as 5 doesn't.

take a look at the folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lionhead Studios Ltd\Black & White\Data\Citadel\OutsideMeshes

there are many files representing different player temples by numerical values in the filename: b_templenn_l3d.zzz where nn is a unique number, try duplicating these so that there are files with 2nd ns.

In the past it has accepted 5 players, as i have had quite a load of players on one map

hm, post your scripts - and if you can get details about the error (maybe through the event viewer, knowing stuff about the memory stack, instruction address etc.. would let me isolate the issue completely if you can provide that stuff)

you solved this? just curious, what was wrong?

Well I was pretty young when it worked so i cant remember any exact details. I remember the Player Icons not loading though

Back