skyscraper

vampy

How hight can a skyscraper go? I haed about 46 storeys that gave about 3200 impressivness. :fixed Bump... :sorry

:angel+ :devil= :paddy

46 stories, that's a lot of stairs to climb if you lived on the top floor.  :shocked

I believe it's fifty. Now, a little cool trick I know, I'll tell you now. Build the skyscraper as tall as you can. Then save your game! Finally take a decent sized rock, and throw it at the bottom level really hard, and then watch the separate floors fall to the ground as if it's raining!

hey is it better to invest ur tribute in skyscrapers, build htem instead of villas, and put trees around them to raise happiness?  If i want to raise a huge army, which imo, is the most fun way to beat the game, I'd have to build a TON of villas, which take up too much land space :(

How are those skyscrapers working out for you guys?

Xpid3r said:
hey is it better to invest ur tribute in skyscrapers, build htem instead of villas, and put trees around them to raise happiness?  If i want to raise a huge army, which imo, is the most fun way to beat the game, I'd have to build a TON of villas, which take up too much land space :(

How are those skyscrapers working out for you guys?

Well if ur evil just build hundreds of skyscrapers lol, it doesnt matter if your evil its only if you are good you should worry about skyscrapers, I recently went good so i dont use skyscrapers anymore :) so i recomend you use Skyscrapers for a evil god and villas and manors for good gods :)

Being a good god I have no trouble with skyscrapers.
You just have to build to compensate.
I find the trick is to build a block of skyscrapers ( say 6 in a 3x2 format) then having a temple, tavern and nursery as close as possible.
Other civic buildings and embellishments  help.
The single/or less skyscraper/s may be more efficient but they just don't look as good.
I could get some screen shots if any one wants to see.

I'm confused on why Lionhead made huge Skyscrapers better for evil gods. I'd think a massive building that approaches and surpasses the height of wonders would be better than that.  :no

They didn't you just have to play a little better and create luxury apartment blocks not high rise slums.
Here's 3 pictures from a skyscraper only town, that won the land and has over 1000 happy people.
Daytime front view.
smalltown1.jpg

stats view
smalltown2.jpg

No villas hidden round the back  :D
smalltown3.jpg

All pictures are 1200 x 900 so if you can't read the stats blame your browser or right click and save the image and look at it from the desktop, image viewer or art package.

Gremxula said:
They didn't you just have to play a little better and create luxury apartment blocks not high rise slums.

That's confirming what I stated.

I was making a general reply.
CrazyDrake won't use Skyscrapers when he is good.
Making highrise slums is always a danger if you build wrong.

Back