Skipping basic miracles

sun

hi there,

im playing bw1 again and use the "preschool" sandbox map for training my ape with this reward system :

http://www.bwfiles.com/faqs/index.php?action=file&id=40

so when i swich back to the campain in land1 i want that my creature fill up the aztec town storage with food. he was given 20-30% reward @ basic food miracle and 30-40% reward @ advanced food miracle

so obviously i can`t see if he use basic or advanced spells even by adv.healing

i think advanced miracles are more lucrative anyway

so is it even possible to skip the basic or are they essential ?

thanks

Hmm, good question. ???

He does need to know the previous level of a miracle before he can start to earn the next level. But I forget if the previous level had to be at 100% before he can use the next level.

It's  actually something  that I took an interest in quite some time ago.
I came up with this  very simple way to explain  the creature actions.
Creatures are like a battery they discharge themselves  with day to day activity's  but more  with miracles.  So the sensible  action for  him is to use the  smallest power of the  miracle he needs to use. 
For example  he will heal himself using "Heal" but then  go on to the next village  and use  "heal increased" to impress the villagers.
It's just a matter  of your creatures  idea on how best to spend the  energy  he has.
No matter how big and fat your creature  he will still use  the cheapest in energy terms  miracle to get the job done as he sees it.

If I understand the question, you don't need to teach your creature the basic miracles at all.  I remember teaching one of mine Heal Increase before the basic Heal.

Point of note though - There are some Increase/Extreme miracles you're creature won't cast even if he learns them 100%.  He'll just cast the ordinary version if he knows it.  Off the top of my head, I think they are:
  • Food Increase
  • Water Increase
  • Mega Blast Extreme

Anybody remember any others?

Like Grem said though, he'll try to use the most appropriate version according to what he has learned, so it pays to teach him the ordinary miracles too as they use less of his energy :yes .

Back