Skinning Is Greek To Me. Any Details?

Sarophie

Hello peoples. I finally have all the means to skin...almost. What I lack is complete knowledge of how to edit the skins ounce I get them into pain.net. Many already know this but the skin is just a rectangle with all of the colors and designs on it. The only thing I can decipher is a face and and the mouth. I was playing with the tribal wolf skin just so you know. Can anyone here provide me with a detailed guide on how to properly use one of these skin rectangles? Thanks!

~A Bewildered Sarophie~

It's not that difficult, You just need to use some imagination. At least there are blocks to work with. For BW2 it's all blended together.

The layout does vary some between the creatures but for the wolf:

Across the top on either side are the fore legs (I think) with the paws in the middle.

In the middle at the top is the chest area with the back underneatht it.

To the right of the face are the other legs and under it is the tail.

At the botton right is the inside of the mouth and teeth.

I'm glad to see that people are still interested enough in this game to try and make their own skins.

Now you see why it is so difficult to make things outside of simple color alts, yes?  :laugh2

If you ever decide to edit skins using Photoshop, ask me. I've been doing it for a while now, and it's what I used to make the 200+ skins I will list on my site. I can teach you some great techniques for making the color and texture changes look natural and seemless.

Oh no, I'm definitely not posting all I have to say here. o_O

Perhaps I will add a "My Techniques" section or something to that effect. It's really nothing that complicated, but if enough people like the site, I'll do it.

Back