reli odd

goodguy

i just got B&W2, and im up to the leavel with the two Japanese Brothers......but for some reason my creature (a 100% good wolf) keeps changing into a Lion, now this wouldn't normally bother me but it doesn't only change the creature the Lion starts as a brand new creature forgeting everything and going back to being Neutral and as dumb as a box of hair.....does anyone know why this is happening??? any  :help would be appretiated. Thanks  :D

That shouldn't really happen. ???

Do you have the game patched?

Just a stray thought ..plenty of room on your HD and has it been defraged recently?
It could show up a problem.
Patching is always a good idea even if your problem is not directly mentioned.

no it's not patched i only just got it the other day, and i defraged my hard drive yesterday.......

Definatly sounds like you need to patch it and just start with the patched version.. hoping it wont do that again o.o;

You'd be best to patch it right away.  :yes

You will need to start a new profile since the old one won't work with the game patched

>>  Link to the Patches <<

O.K i'll try that now and let you know how it goes....dunno how long it will take me to get up to that island again though  :happytears:

also instead of having to make a new thread, is it possible to skip the tutorial?

cool, but i only wanted to skip the first land  :p use the easyness of the 2nd to teach me creature.......not that the game is hard like lol

You may be able to use your current profile. The 1.2 game is able to use the older versions saves according to the readme, but LHS recommend you start again.

I just started a brand new game, chose the wolf, and when I got to the Norse land, it changed into a lion.  I have installed both patches.

Just like many of you, I have had the same problem, as did my brother. I had a lion to begin with, so that was nothing I worried about. My brother chose the wolf, and once he got to the first Japanese land, his wolf turned into a lion and turned as dumb as a doorknob. So I too have had this problem, and have even started a thread about it. It's kind of an old one but you might as well use the search engine for the forums located somewhere to the far right of where the quotes usually are. Use that to make sure the question hasn't been asked before. If it has just bump the topic by posting it saying that "I have also had this problem. Has anyone come up with a solution?" Just kinda notifiying you of that. And no, I as of yet have not found a solution to this, so I'm sorry but you'll just have to start reteaching him everything for every time you switch or restart lands. Sorry mate.

Well, I knew that it had been raised recently so I looked around and found this thread.  So does this happen just with the wolf?  I have only tried the ape and the lion before.  If this is going to reset everytime I change lands I think I will quit and start over with a new creature since I am not that far into the game.

Well, I tried restarting with a new game and had the same problem.  I tried looking here and at Lionhead's boards for a solution, but there was only one mention of it I could find, and the only solution suggested was to install patch 1.1.  Rather than spend a lot of time trying little things to find a solution, I decided to go with a drastic solution: I uninstalled BW2, deleted all my profiles, reinstalled BW2, reinstalled the patches, and started a new game with each creature.  I skipped all the tutorials and ended up on the second Norse land each time, and all the creatures remained the right type.  Maybe somehow my profile(s) got corrupted.

That's interesting.

Did you try an uninstall/reinstall with your old profiles?

Yes, I did try that first, but it didn't help, so I decided to wipe everything.  I wasn't in the middle of a game, I was starting a new game, so I don't feel that bad about losing my profiles. 

xD;; thats odd... I might wanna get some patches so My wolf Doesn't Do that :p

Back