re-compiling the generic chl file

babaji

I've been looking to make these changes to the generic chl file by kays,

- Remove Influence boundaries
- Remove Enemy god that throws fireballs

Unfortunately I can't get the compiler to work ( could be because of windows 7 )  so making these changes is impossible  :no
If possible could someone provide a link to the 00dins script tool, it looks a lot easier to use, but unfortunately the link on the script tool topic is dead. Or alternatively, If someone could make these changes for me I would be very grateful  :yes

HI, what probelms are you having when trying to compile?

I could recompile it for you. Removing the influence isn't difficult. But not that other god I don't know about since he shouldn't be there.

hi, thank you

the problem with compiling my own script is that the chl file crashes the game. Even after changing the paths it still doesn't work. I would be very grateful if someone could re-compile it for me.

By the enemy god I mean the orange ball that appears above enemy town centres, it throws fireballs at platoons, which makes it nearly impossible to capture towns

Hey, im new to this forum, so hi :)
about THE dead script tool, i tought it was on THE download page of this site :), and to kays, thats THE script i wanted in my previous post, because i want to make an uber Metropolis on my own map, but still with some enemies coming now and then. I think its just removing à few things from your .chl file, but i seem to be à walking EMP concerning scripting.
So i think i want THE Same thing as my fellow forum-guy, at least no influence boundries.

Thanks,
Me

Sorry to bump, but I'm still having no luck trying to compile a script, I'm currently trying to use an anonymous black and white 2 script tool, but still can't re-compile the generic chl

Back