RAM Question

mariostar1992

I ran an analysis of my comp's ability to run B&W 2 and I was wondering where to buy a 512mb stick of RAM and how much it would cost.

it would be very expensive but you could probably get it cheep off of ebay (just make sure you snipe  the item :D)

Go to anywhere they sell computers and accessories and they should have it available. Probably also tell you which ram you need and guaranty that it will work. Cost is about $50 US

With RAM there is a possibility that it could conflict with the existing RAM. (been there) so I'm not advising you buy online since exchanging will be a hassle.

i got a 32MB memory card for my gamecube off of ebay for 6 cents.
i ripped that guy off big time(THANX 2 SNIPING  :D)

Kays said:
Go to anywhere they sell computers and accessories and they should have it available. Probably also tell you which ram you need and guaranty that it will work. Cost is about $50 US

With RAM there is a possibility that it could conflict with the existing RAM. (been there) so I'm not advising you buy online since exchanging will be a hassle.
Crucial is a very good site for this kinda thing.  You input details of your comp (or you can download their analyser) and they'll tell you what RAM and Graphics cards in their stock ar compatible with that machine with a guarantee.

OK, I finally got around to getting a 512 stick of RAM (brand name Simpletech) and inserted it into my computer. But for some reason the amount of RAM in the My Computer--> Properties page won't change. I inserted the RAM into both open memory slots and in both directions. Nothing worked. HELP!  :cmad:

I had the same problem when I installed my GB of RAM and 2.2 GHz CPU. Just get tech support. They usually help.

RAM will only go in one way. If you insert it incorrectly, then you stand a chance of damaging things.

Before inserting it, look for the cutout on the botton of the ram and make sure that it lines up with the tab in the slot. Then push in from both ends.

Try placing the new stick in the slot where the original ram is to see if it works.

Heh...turned out I just didn't push the stick in far enough  :blush Thx for the help anyway

Back