Question/Minor problem with sound.

DrakeWymulf

I am using windows XP professional, with pretty much all the updates installed for it. The game works perfectly, except I noticed something a little strange. Some of the game music doesn't play. I'm referring to the 'special' music, (for example the music that plays on land one when you near the explorers, singing stones after you put them all together, and the music that plays during a battle) The main music plays perfectly. Is there any solution to my problem, because frankly, the music I'm missing is some of my favorite in the game.

Try copying the files from the Audio/Music folder on the CD to the Audio/Music folder in the game.

Or use this:

http://www.bwfiles.com/files/filedriver.php?action=file&id=336

Perfect! I ran that tool before and it didn't work, but manually copying copied a lot of the sad files that were not there. It works now. Thanks a bunch!

Glad that worked.  :)

There Is something with XP and the V1.20 patch which caused the game not to fetch the sound files from the CD. Also by doing this, you stop that annoying pause which happens when the game is trying to spin up the CD to fetch the needed sound files.

Yes, I noticed that almost immediately. Very useful. Plus, I imagine it will extend the life of my CD and CDROM.

Back